Author Topic: Raising awareness on buying Rolex watches  (Read 14275 times)

Offline Nutralife

• Freshie
Re: Raising awareness on buying Rolex watches
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2014, 09:16:08 PM »
Very interesting. I guess this would mean it's the highest grade replica yet isn't it.

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2014, 10:52:38 PM »
The numbers on the bezel looks off... there are clear imperfections on some of the numbers eg 14, 16, 18, 20.

A picture would justify my words.
Here is a picture of the watch I took a quick snap of

"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2014, 04:35:04 AM »
I still don't belief this.

I belief u can make 99% case n bracelet

But don't belief the movement can be like real, it gonna cost u many many millions to build the machine to manufacture it

who would risk your many millions to built a fake?
How to sell so many fake to recover the investment?

Offline Nutralife

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2014, 08:45:36 AM »
China can fabricate anything... Hack... Even fake chicken eggs. Lol

Offline Nutralife

• Freshie
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2014, 08:49:14 AM »
Any info on where did the owner got this piece from? Was he duped into thinking he bought the real thing?

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2014, 09:24:58 AM »
What about the laser edged Rolex logo on the crystal at 6, is it there? That's probably what we will authenticate first before buying from a non AD.

Offline mono

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2014, 10:51:44 AM »
1:1 Rolex Replicate has the laser edged logo on the crustal at 6. this is nothing new and not a good tell tale sign. Clone 3135 movement which is very similar to the genuine 3135 movement are also offer with these Replicates. To the untrained eyes, these replicates are no different than the genuine. usually, on the appearance.  bracelets ( edges rather rough, gap is wide) , pearl ( brownish, no lume), bezel ( numerals are not deep, dull colour), date wheel overlay are the areas that can tell it is fake or genuine or not ..
But, some people will go all the way to mod these watches ( not necessary to sell but for their hobbies and interest ) buying genuine components to fit. So again not a reliable source to identify fakes. That's why I ask for serial number, as I as I know, this is one area that is very sure no fake can imitate.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:56:48 AM by mono »

Offline mono

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2014, 10:54:11 AM »
Wow! To my untrained eye it looks great. How can they sell so openly? Wouldn't tolex have taken some legal action?

It's difficult to track these guys down since most of them operate out of China. Also, if even if they manage to nail one down, a few others will pop up elsewhere. It's a lucrative business.

Having frequented forums on replicas, I have seen comparison photos where the replica looks very close to the original, but there is always something off. It's never 1:1. They have been able to do it for years, thus, nothing new.

End of the day, it's still a replica and will never feel the same as the real deal.

If you want to avoid being sold a replica, a good way would be to buy less mainstream models. I haven't seen a good Zenith replica as yet, but plenty of Rolexes and Omegas.

Very agreed with you. just wanted to add that beside Rolex, Omega, Panerai and AP too.

Offline grifterfmj

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2014, 11:10:28 AM »
From that 1 pic somehow the way the "cerachrom" bezel reflects light looks off. Also the font for superlative chronometer seems imperfect

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2014, 06:13:15 PM »
Read my topic here:

http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php?topic=11981.0

Tells how to identify fake rolex
Seiko fan.....

Offline contender

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2014, 07:40:40 AM »
Is there any possibility any fakes selling in AD ? Just like duty free shops have fake liquor which is not unheard of ?? ???

Offline mike

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2014, 06:20:26 PM »
You can sue the AD for selling fakes.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2014, 11:11:14 AM »
Thank you for sharing this info. I have been contemplating buying a used sub, and this sharing has certainly made me more aware. I think key here is to get your due diligence done, and buy only from a reputable seller.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2014, 11:27:34 AM »
Thank you for sharing this info. I have been contemplating buying a used sub, and this sharing has certainly made me more aware. I think key here is to get your due diligence done, and buy only from a reputable seller.
including ur 000 bro  ;D

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2014, 11:54:43 AM »
 ;D am fairly certain, but also sending it in for a check ofc  :Praying:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2014, 12:04:44 PM »
I don't believe this too.
It just doesn't sound right.
Replica is replica. No matter how close, there will be signs.
1:1? They cannot even perfect the laser etched coronet.
And i believe, once handled especially by those who handles rolexes on a daily basis, a quick few winds should be able to tell.
And i am not talking about salespersons in ADs... Technical ppl, well versed collectors. I think it's difficult to fool.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline swleong

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2014, 12:37:16 PM »
time to buy old Rolex where replicating technology is not that advanced  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline somdej

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »
a perfect 1:1 is simply urban legend to me

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2014, 06:24:46 PM »
It is very close to a genuine piece. Except for the spacing of the words "OYSTER  PERPETUAL  DATE" and "SUPERLATIVE  CHRONOMETER  OFFICIALLY  CERTIFIED" which is too wide. Look carefully. Nevertheless it's scarily close.  The genuine one, numbers on bezel where they are laced with platinum, appears a little grainy but not the one shown here. This is triple "A" replica.