Author Topic: Some cooking in Rolex  (Read 14218 times)

Offline Yoda

Some cooking in Rolex
« on: July 31, 2014, 08:52:17 PM »
Interesting marketing gimmick.

http://www.rolex.com/

Anyone guess?
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline sidestreaker

Re: Some cooking in Rolex
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 10:27:17 PM »
Some other forum claims it's  a Rolex deep sea blue dial...

Offline Ek lex

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 11:12:00 PM »
Submariner Date, 18 ct white gold with blue bezel... It's on the website, is it not? Why guess? It's an easy one... Lol

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 05:35:22 AM »
Submariner Date, 18 ct white gold with blue bezel... It's on the website, is it not? Why guess? It's an easy one... Lol
If it is, then it won't be "launching 4th august" coz it's already launched like a couple of years back.
It's something else.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Spider boy

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 06:15:19 AM »
Perhaps a new daytona ss .. .?.  ;D aiya nvm la  will see on the 4th!

Offline Yoda

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 06:34:17 AM »
If it is, then it won't be "launching 4th august" coz it's already launched like a couple of years back.
It's something else.

hanz079,

Thanks for the clarification.

The picture shows like a watch with bezel. My guess is either a sub or GMT.

But anyway we will know next Monday.

Its a excellent way of a marketing strategy.

:Cheers:

Yoda

Offline swleong

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 07:31:34 AM »
is gonna be Submariner Date Blue Dial and Ceramic Bezel in full stainless steel!!!!  :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

Like the Hulk, we should call it............Iceman?

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 07:51:26 AM »
is gonna be Submariner Date Blue Dial and Ceramic Bezel in full stainless steel!!!!  :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

Another highly unlikely scenario as well IMHO.
If Rolex did that, it will be a smack in the face for the current white gold sub owners.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline sean

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 08:15:12 AM »
My guess is deepsea with blue dial, since they just launch the new sea dweller 4000, they might do something different on it.

Offline swleong

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 08:23:27 AM »

If Rolex did that, it will be a smack in the face for the current white gold sub owners.

Han, I wish you are wrong, as the blue face WG Sub is selling like.....100 pieces a year?

Is gonna be different in the look department as well, the WG version is with polished center link, while the SS Sub should be matte finishing throughout.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 08:46:28 AM »

Han, I wish you are wrong, as the blue face WG Sub is selling like.....100 pieces a year?

Is gonna be different in the look department as well, the WG version is with polished center link, while the SS Sub should be matte finishing throughout.

Well, I am looking at this purely as a neutral.
If I was one of the buyers of the WG Blue Sub, and they do come up with a SS Blue Sub with brushed centre links, I'd still be pretty pissed won't I?
I find guesstimating the sales figures for the Blue Sub is irrelevant, it was never meant to be a high volume selling model...
Same goes with the SS Pepsi Ceramic.
Most is still thinking a SS version is inevitable, but for me... nope... Won't happen. Even me myself wanted a SS one... but gotta be realistic here.

But, at this point in time, we can only speculate. 3 days later and we will know.  ;)

If... and it's a BIG IF Rolex does release a SS Blue Sub, then the general feeling of Rolex will do a SS Pepsi will be in full swing.
I am expecting hell to break loose and ppl are gonna say it's the best thing since sliced bread... hahaha
But overall, if Rolex does make that move, somehow I think it will not go down well with certain quarters of the Rolex buying crowd (the high net worth ones)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 08:53:42 AM by hanz079 »

Offline swleong

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 08:50:37 AM »

If I was one of the buyers of the WG Blue Sub, and they do come up with a SS Blue Sub with brushed centre links, I'd still be pretty pissed won't I?
I find guesstimating the sales figures for the Blue Sub is irrelevant, it was never meant to be a high volume selling model...
Most is still thinking a SS version is inevitable, but for me... nope... Won't happen. Even me myself wanted a SS one... but gotta be realistic here.

But, at this point in time, we can only speculate. 3 days later and we will know.  ;)

yup, 3 more days to reveal the truth.  :thumbsup:

Lancer GT and Honda Accord owners, don't be pissed  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 08:56:26 AM »

yup, 3 more days to reveal the truth.  :thumbsup:

Lancer GT and Honda Accord owners, don't be pissed  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Hmmm... Being sarcastic with the automotive reference there I see. hehehe... oh well...

Offline Calibr

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »
A SS Blue dial Daytona with Date would be nice.. :laugh:

Offline Ek lex

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 09:57:24 AM »
It's something else.

Opsie... sorry guys...  :HammerHead:

Yup, a Daytona with date would be nice... but highly unlikely... ???

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 10:10:22 AM »

Rotatable Bezel.
Crown guards.
A drop of water?
Guess away.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 10:25:25 AM »
Maybe Rolex is just launching one of the models announced this year during the Baselworld 2014? I am guessing its the launch date for the WG Pepsi GMT II Ceramic.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline kenji1903

• My travel blog :P
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 12:20:32 PM »

Offline contender

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 12:58:46 PM »
The undisputed heavyweight champion of the world ............... ROLEX

Judging on how hot and excited this topic on the new release on 4 August ........ legions of loyal fans including myself  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline swleong

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 01:28:54 PM »

Rolex is the Hulk Hogan equivalent in horology. Might not be the best, but definitely the most influential, mega rock star like kind of status.

When Rolex change colour (Hulk Hogan tear off his shirt), the whole world scream their lungs out  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Note: me not Rolex fan boy  ;D

Offline Yoda

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 02:10:16 PM »

Judging on how hot and excited this topic on the new release on 4 August ........ legions of loyal fans including myself  :Laughing_on_floor:

The undisputed, undefeated heavyweight champion of the world IROOOOONNNNN............... ROLEX - sounds familiar by the manager of Mike Tyson

Yoda

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 02:34:32 PM »
Maybe Rolex is just launching one of the models announced this year during the Baselworld 2014? I am guessing its the launch date for the WG Pepsi GMT II Ceramic.

with a drop of water at the side of the case, i am guessing maybe a blue bezel submariner/deepsea??  ???
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 06:24:32 AM by jacky8888 »
Jacky Wong

Offline Timeless

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 03:07:39 PM »
Looks like a blue sub or gmt..?

Offline latuktua

• Freshie
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 11:07:43 AM »
still no news??

Offline Yoda