Author Topic: My first luxury ladies watch - Omega seamaster 28mm or Breitling Colt 33  (Read 14452 times)

Offline Mathelda

Im going to buy my first luxury watch ;D. I have two watches in my mind - Omega Seamaster 28mm or Breitling Colt 33. What does everyone think?

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Im going to buy my first luxury watch ;D. I have two watches in my mind - Omega Seamaster 28mm or Breitling Colt 33. What does everyone think?

Would be good to know your budget.
Based on both your choices, seems like you're looking for a sports watch?
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline tagger

• Freshie
How was the design? Got pics?

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
The Breitling, more color than the sea master

The Sea Master  :Startled:

The below is not a 28mm model  ;)

Offline sinbad2k

Omega!

Offline MRH

• Freshie
Both are good watches from reputable brands. Consider as well the Sharapova collection from Tag n the Conquet models from Longines which r in the same price range. Personally, i prefer d Omega.

Offline sinbad2k

Both are good watches from reputable brands. Consider as well the Sharapova collection from Tag n the Conquet models from Longines which r in the same price range. Personally, i prefer d Omega.

brands aside, in my opinion the Omega one suits both sports and dress occasions better than the Breitling one. The Colt 33 seems much more sporty.

Offline Timeless

Vote for Omega

Offline Calibr

My vote for the Breitling, looks more "fashion-friendly" and contemporary. ;D

Offline lwjuan

omega! looks better

Offline Mathelda

Would be good to know your budget.
Based on both your choices, seems like you're looking for a sports watch?

Probably less than 8k  :)

Offline Mathelda

Omega Seamaster 28mm stainless steel straps with black dial

Breitling Colt 33 stainless steel straps with black dial

Offline dpkong

The Omega

Offline MRH

• Freshie
For a budget of around 8k, u hv plenty to choose from. I think first u need to decide on whether u want an automatic or a quartz. Next is the design, sporty,dressy or simple. U hv considered omega n breitling. I proposed earlier to also look at tag and longines. Oris too has nice women watches... Go to d shops n try them n let d timepieces talk to u.... All d best in ur hunt n once u hv plunged, show us ur choice

Offline Mathelda

I would like a quartz watch, I think it's more accurate. I think sporty is good since I'm quite sporty myself  ;D. I will go to the mall and have a look on this weekend. Any suggestion for watch shop in mid valley or pavillion? How many percent of discount do u think I can get for these watches? Need a rough idea for haggling purpose  :)

Offline Calibr

I would like a quartz watch, I think it's more accurate. I think sporty is good since I'm quite sporty myself  ;D. I will go to the mall and have a look on this weekend. Any suggestion for watch shop in mid valley or pavillion? How many percent of discount do u think I can get for these watches? Need a rough idea for haggling purpose  :)

I think it's against Forum rules to discuss specific discounts given by shops or ADs.. members might PM you though! Watch Boutiques are generally less generous.

Offline kiamat

yes the best way is to do some leg work and find out the best discount yourself. this way you get to try on both watches and maybe even others that might catch your fancy. some watches look great in adverts but not your wrist.

omega discount is quite controlled. AD inclusive.

breitling discount varies from AD to AD.

The rule is go to boutique for viewing but make your purchases elsewhere.

Offline MRH

• Freshie
So Mathelda, what did you decide on? Do tell n indulge us with your wristshot.....

Offline Mathelda

Hi! sorry for late reply. I decided to buy Breitling Colt 33 since i like the unique design of it. For some reason, i think Omega seamaster 28mm look quite similar with few other watches. I bought the Breitling Colt 33 from Sincere in Pavilion and my two other friends ended up buying Omega Seamaster 28mm and Omega Seamaster Mid Size Automatic Co-Axial from Omega Boutique in Starhill.

Our photo taken by sales boy from Omega boutique in Starhill ;D

Omega Seamaster 28mm on my friend's skinny wrist (she wore it terbalik while taking photo, maybe she is too excited to have a new watch lol!)

Breitling Colt 33mm on my wrist

So far, im happy with my watch. The size is just right on my wrist and it looks like it doesn't have a glass.

Offline Calibr

Congrats! Excellent choice! :thumbsup: Looks very hardy and substantial! Wear in good health.. :Cheers:

Offline GMTmaster

acquired taste.  :Cheers: 

Offline MRH

• Freshie
Nice one Mathelda! Looks really sporty! Enjoy!!!

Offline Cocas

Hi! sorry for late reply. I decided to buy Breitling Colt 33 since i like the unique design of it. For some reason, i think Omega seamaster 28mm look quite similar with few other watches. I bought the Breitling Colt 33 from Sincere in Pavilion and my two other friends ended up buying Omega Seamaster 28mm and Omega Seamaster Mid Size Automatic Co-Axial from Omega Boutique in Starhill.

Our photo taken by sales boy from Omega boutique in Starhill ;D

Omega Seamaster 28mm on my friend's skinny wrist (she wore it terbalik while taking photo, maybe she is too excited to have a new watch lol!)

Breitling Colt 33mm on my wrist

So far, im happy with my watch. The size is just right on my wrist and it looks like it doesn't have a glass.

I remember Breitling SS casing and bracelet are quite heavy. Do you feel your watch heavy?

Offline asimo

from my understanding, the discount by official boutique is less than authorised dealer...  8)

congratulations on your purchase...  Brietling is something different from the "usual"  brands... :)  :thumbsup: