Author Topic: VW (VAG) Owner, come and share!  (Read 71919 times)

Offline enkil

Re: VW (VAG) Owner, come and share!
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »
Correct.

Ive seen MK7 honestly its abit smaller compare MK6. I owned a black MK6 n personally out of all MK6 is d bestt .i just changed detriot 17' rim and d rear lights to make it looks beter! N my sugestion if u choosed to hav black colour u shud go for paint coating.i did it just fo rm600 n after almost 2yers d car still looks shining and ez to take care.

The spec says mk7 is bigger and more spacious than mk6, no?

Offline james

• Freshie
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2014, 12:42:43 PM »
i am driving vw passat cc. the car is good but after sales service a bit disappointed. especially the j.b skudai service center. every time send car to service need to wait vr long..... the main reason is they only have 1 computer to check your car problem... omg u can c more than 10 cars Q for 1 computer.....  :Confused:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »
ITu pasal Toyota Nissan Honda still doing so well...
Customer service, less problem, low maintenance cost...

Disappointed vw owner may switch to Lexus .... N infinity soon

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2014, 06:08:37 PM »
i am driving vw passat cc. the car is good but after sales service a bit disappointed. especially the j.b skudai service center. every time send car to service need to wait vr long..... the main reason is they only have 1 computer to check your car problem... omg u can c more than 10 cars Q for 1 computer.....  :Confused:

James,

Just out of curiousity, how long did it take to service your passat CC in JB skudai? And is this a minor service or is it a full intermediate service? Did you also have to make a early appointment, prior to sending the car to the service centre?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:10:22 PM by sidestreaker »

Offline headf36

« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2014, 02:16:02 PM »
Go to their FB page and read the comments.

Based on my understanding, VW has taken steps to improve after sales service right? I mean it's been more than a year since your post, but I just wonder if you think they are moving in the right step or moving backwards. I just went to their FB page, it ain't that bad. Hmm

Offline grifterfmj

« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2014, 03:13:18 PM »
http://blog.carlist.my/2014/07/news/malaysian-volkswagen-owner-speaks-up-uncovering-the-issue-of-reliability/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc

As a VW owner, I have to say I did the recall campaign and have not faced any juddering issues since.

Also, no issue with booking appointment. I plan ahead and don't make last minute appointments. The follow up service is not as great as say.. Toyota, but a VW is much more fun to drive compared to japs.

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2014, 11:21:10 AM »
Visit Workshop

Offline SJohn8686

« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2014, 02:54:24 PM »
I have been using Passat B6 (the last gen) from 2009 till 2013.  All good, not big issue though the car came with only 2 year warranty back then.  Had been servicing it outside.

One thing good about Passat B6 is that it's a 2.0 Turbo, and using conventional 6 speed Auto.  No DSG worries ;)

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2015, 08:46:46 AM »
Been driving the mk7 GTI a lot, and I must say I really, really like this car. Could do with more power; nothing a simple remap won't fix, I bet.

Offline splee

« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2015, 08:13:03 PM »

Been driving the mk7 GTI a lot, and I must say I really, really like this car. Could do with more power; nothing a simple remap won't fix, I bet.

I love the appearance of MK 7 too. I had a MK V stage 2 and I must say I still miss the car till today. It's one of the most wonderful things I had ever experience back in 2004. The speed of the dual clutch DSG gearbox is just out of this world at that time. Tuned to stage 2 with close to 300hp coupled with light weight alloy wheels, BBK and sports coil over and fuel it with Shell V Power Racing and it just explodes.

Offline gnoy26

• Freshie
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2015, 02:07:37 PM »
golfs are just such a practical car its hard to beat for the price especially versus its competitors

Offline silverstan

« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2015, 07:23:46 PM »
This thread is quiet. Need more update.

OK, let me start...
Today sold my wife's MK6 GTI. Getting her an MK7.  ;D

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2015, 11:10:08 PM »

OK, let me start...

No prob with the dsg gearbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2015, 08:14:56 AM »
Think the wet DSG6 is far more reliable than the dry DSG7. Haven't really heard of any major issues with the gearbox.

@silverstan, congrats on the GTI7! I just bought a GTI6 myself :-D would have liked the GTI7 much more, especially since it is a much more comfortable, lighter, faster car- but out of my budget so I had to compromise. Mine was unfortunately bone stock, so I had to quickly sort out the R lights (aka mandatory GTI mod  ;D).

Here's a quick pic to share, from last weekend:

Offline Gilthoniel

« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2015, 09:52:29 AM »
bro

bought pre owned?

Managed to sell your polo gti?

Mind PMing me details of your GTI? Thinking of selling off my scirocco... DSG7 is a PITA

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2015, 11:58:52 AM »
Yup, pre-owned. RM123k for a 2012 July car. Part of the facelifted (so called SE batch) that includes sunroof, RCD510, DRLs, and 18" Detroits (prev no sunroof, RCD310, no DRLs, and 17" Denvers).

PGTI found a buyer; in fact going to bank to submit B5/B7/grant, etc. 3 months of listing, so I consider myself quite lucky. But then I never had any issues with my PGTI- it was daily driven and has never had any mecha/clutch/engine issues. Supposedly, the DSG7 on the PGTI was reinforced to take higher stresses.

Your Roc is a 1.4 DSG7? Have you been facing issues with it?

Offline Gilthoniel

« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2015, 01:36:04 PM »
Yes. the usual clutch change.

Just wondering how long it's gonna last considering warranty will end soon.

That's a good deal you got there for the GTI

2nd hand car dealer or direct owner?

Offline silverstan

« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2015, 02:03:31 PM »
will post pic here when got the car. Need wait all procedures and documents process done.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2015, 02:12:48 PM »
I subscribe to the belief that if they are occasionally driven hard, they tend to last longer. That has been the case for me so far. But having said that, I do know one owner who has had multiple clutch/mecha failures despite a heavy foot. Up till now, I do not think the actual problem has been diagnosed; just going through the motion of fixing what is broken.

My PGTI was a 2011 Oct car- primarily selling as warranty is coming up, but also because Golf GTI prices have taken a significant hit, and is within budget. It was an almost impulse thing for me. My GTI6 is almost similar in age to my PGTI, but definitely has better peace of mind. Not to mention a lot more windows for upgrades :o

The car was a private sale, from a seller in PG. I traveled up north (co-incidentally in the GTI7) to see the car in person. I've had the privilege of testing a fair number of VWs and Golfs for that matter, but have never actually spent any time testing the GTI6. But, having seen the car in person- condition was up to expectation, seller seemed honest, and I checked on car's provenance by calling up all the relevant service centers in PG.

My PGTI is also a private sale; believe it or not via LYN forums. My third car being sold off there :D

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2015, 02:26:16 PM »
First time I shared some pics of my PGTI in here, it was being waxed (bonus foot on car :D). This time, also wax but minus foot.

Being prepped for hibernation. Going to miss the little pocket rocket, it was (and still is!) a hoot to drive. Definitely much more perky than its bigger sibling, although lacking in the power department. I think 220hp with stiffer, wider rears would be perfect. But of course, not willing to take the risk of a stronger map due to the infamous issues that the DSG7 is famous for. Instead, I went with a custom map to eke out more oompfh in the mid-range, where the car seems to be lacking.

Offline Gilthoniel

« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2015, 02:29:13 PM »
I have the same thoughts as you.

Get the golf gti as warranty is nearing its end now for my roc

But since my roc is a 2012 car, I have one more year to wait and see lah

Offline silverstan

« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2015, 08:11:26 AM »

OK, let me start...

No prob with the dsg gearbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think it's not with the 6 speeds wet clutch unit.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2015, 09:55:49 AM »
2012 car shouldn't it be 2+3 years? 2013 and after would be 3+2 years iirc? Or already 3+2? Either way, you have until 2017. Residuals are very poor at this time; most Polo/Golf/Passat used prices are quite hard to stomach for many first owners. Not sure about Roc; hopefully not as bad!

Btw stan, I remember seeing your thread on VCM before. I remember it was done up quite nicely. Can share some pics here? What was year and sale price, if you don't mind me asking?

Offline silverstan

« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2015, 11:18:57 AM »
not much pic of the GTI. Seldom take pics of my car.

I remembered i shared here in this thread before. Should be first or 2nd page?
As for the car price, my car was purchased and used at other country, so not really can make as reference. It's around 40% off from the price i purchased. MY12, so its year 2011.

Offline silverstan

« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2015, 10:24:10 AM »
Finally picked up my wife's MK7.
Oryx White.