Author Topic: What to choose for rm20k budget?  (Read 15170 times)

Offline tonykpk

Re: What to choose for rm20k budget?
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 08:51:31 AM »
If you like a Pam, wait for the 510. anytime soon.If not the rolex explorer 2 at 42 mm would be nice, just top up a bit. .regards tony.

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2013, 10:33:20 AM »
This one!

40mm, very very nice size.

Offline latuktua

• Freshie
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 10:53:19 AM »
For posting photos here. Start a photobucket account on www.photobucket.com. And upload your photos to photobucket. From there, you select the photo you want to post, then click on the "IMG" link on the photo and it will automatically copy itself. Then paste the link here and viola!

Btw, the new GMT master II is indeed a great piece. Although it is "only" 40mm, the lugs and slightly bigger case design makes it seem bigger than it actually is. The ceramic bezel insert is "shinier" too...the explorer at 42mm is a little too big for me, but not for some. Seriously, both are great pieces. Get whatever calls your name loudest.

DC

Hehe..thanks dc,yes..after test both exp and gmt i can hear gmt shouts my name louder ;D

Offline latuktua

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2013, 10:56:57 AM »
If you like a Pam, wait for the 510. anytime soon.If not the rolex explorer 2 at 42 mm would be nice, just top up a bit. .regards tony.

Hi tony,already googled the 510,for that price i will go for 312 or used 320 ..or maybe 372 if i got lucky
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:17:24 AM by latuktua »

Offline latuktua

• Freshie
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2013, 10:58:51 AM »
This one!

40mm, very very nice size.

Hahaha...now u make me more confius,u want to sell yours?

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 04:55:27 PM »
For posting photos here. Start a photobucket account on www.photobucket.com. And upload your photos to photobucket. From there, you select the photo you want to post, then click on the "IMG" link on the photo and it will automatically copy itself. Then paste the link here and viola!

Btw, the new GMT master II is indeed a great piece. Although it is "only" 40mm, the lugs and slightly bigger case design makes it seem bigger than it actually is. The ceramic bezel insert is "shinier" too...the explorer at 42mm is a little too big for me, but not for some. Seriously, both are great pieces. Get whatever calls your name loudest.

DC

Hahaha...see? There is bound to be one that sings to you and makes you mesmerized by it's lullaby...seriously 40mm is a nice and adequate size. I always thought that after buying my 42mm IWC 3717, I will not and can't go smaller, till I got my Rolex Milgauss. So my outlook has changed of late, if it fits and wears well, size does not matter that much anyways.

DC

Hehe..thanks dc,yes..after test both exp and gmt i can hear gmt shouts my name louder ;D

Offline latuktua

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 06:44:01 PM »
Need advice..after googled in our neighbour watch forum i found that their price are cheaper around 10 to 15%,is it secure to buy from them?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 09:44:09 PM »
if we're talking about the same neighbour, I've always felt their prices were higher, even more so now with the falling RM.

Offline latuktua

• Freshie
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 10:45:32 PM »
if we're talking about the same neighbour, I've always felt their prices were higher, even more so now with the falling RM.

From the price that i survey here(maybe u can get better price),theres a few model cheaper there...like bnib rolex gmt 2,bnib pam320 and used pam372(i know cant talk price here)are around my budget..plus toll,gas n meals still can safe a bit

Offline dpkong

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 11:06:22 PM »

From the price that i survey here(maybe u can get better price),theres a few model cheaper there...like bnib rolex gmt 2,bnib pam320 and used pam372(i know cant talk price here)are around my budget..plus toll,gas n meals still can safe a bit

I think we're on the same country since you can "drive" and probably we're looking at the same forum and from what I can see about prices, the trusted/popular sellers are usually more expensive than here.

You cannot compare their asking prices and the AD prices. We do have a few regular local sellers who I believe can give a good price and can also get you a BNIB Rolex GMT2c.

The cheaper ones might not really be a safe buy at all..

Offline latuktua

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 11:17:34 PM »
Thanks dpkong for your time n advice,
Yes,when theres too good to be true maybe u should think twice.. :thumbsup:

Ps: can u recommend me thru pm for a good price of gmt 2.. :Cheers:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 06:06:33 PM »
Thanks dpkong for your time n advice,
Yes,when theres too good to be true maybe u should think twice.. :thumbsup:

Ps: can u recommend me thru pm for a good price of gmt 2.. :Cheers:

Look at our own FS section. I see some good prices there.

Offline JayJay

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 03:33:18 PM »
for less than Rm20k,
Radiomir 337

Offline latuktua

• Freshie
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
for less than Rm20k,
Radiomir 337

Hi jay,i dont like radiomir looks...now still searching for used rolex gmt master 2c or pam 320...hope can get it b4 end of this month

Offline dpkong

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2013, 04:48:26 PM »
Some sellers have posted GMT2c in the sale section. Maybe with good bargaining skills, you only need to add a little more to the 20k budget.

Offline kukujiao

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2013, 02:44:31 PM »
I doubt you can get a new GMT-2c for RM20k

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2013, 04:23:11 PM »
I doubt you can get a new GMT-2c for RM20k

Pre-owned is possible with that price
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline latuktua

• Freshie
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 06:54:41 AM »
Hi all...finally theres a guy want to sell his gmt2c for around my budget..now,this is my 1st experience buying luxury watch so i need advise on how to check whether the watch is genuine or not?thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Online ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 07:07:41 AM »
Hi all...finally theres a guy want to sell his gmt2c for around my budget..now,this is my 1st experience buying luxury watch so i need advise on how to check whether the watch is genuine or not?thanks in advance :thumbsup:
Best bet is to bring it to Rolex Service Center at Menara Dion for authenticity check. Cost around RM200+

Offline farhanbh100

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2013, 02:30:27 PM »
Best bet is to bring it to Rolex Service Center at Menara Dion for authenticity check. Cost around RM200+

ive always wondered where to go for authenticity verification, how to go about n most importantly how much will it cost us..
thanks.

will come in handy when the time comes..   :thumbsup:

Offline farhanbh100

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2013, 02:39:47 PM »
n yeah for main topic.. for 20k, my personal opinion, as i was in the same situation just weeks back, as below..

watch for all purpose becomming quite common   -  Rolex Submariner
very classy dress with enough dash of sports       -  Rolex Explorer 39mm
something very2 unique albeit not in house        - Hublot Classic Fusion

all are within 2k of each other..

Offline latuktua

• Freshie
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2013, 04:29:00 PM »

Hey..thanks ck,hopefully the seller agree to share the cost..

Offline dpkong

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2013, 05:08:57 PM »
I'm not entirely sure if the RSC at Menara Dion will do an "authenticity check" outright or do they?

Instead, bring the watch in and ask them to look it over and give you a service quote. IINM, there is a notice saying that they will charge about RM200++ if you decide not to proceed with service.

Another not-so-honest method is if the watch is still under a valid 2 year warranty, bring the warranty card along and tell them you suspect the watch is running fast or slow and ask them to check it out. If the watch is not genuine or has been tampered with, you'll be informed or the watch will be confiscated.

Best to have the seller along with you so you don't end getting blamed for any loss.

Offline latuktua

• Freshie
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »
I'm not entirely sure if the RSC at Menara Dion will do an "authenticity check" outright or do they?

Instead, bring the watch in and ask them to look it over and give you a service quote. IINM, there is a notice saying that they will charge about RM200++ if you decide not to proceed with service.

Another not-so-honest method is if the watch is still under a valid 2 year warranty, bring the warranty card along and tell them you suspect the watch is running fast or slow and ask them to check it out. If the watch is not genuine or has been tampered with, you'll be informed or the watch will be confiscated.

Best to have the seller along with you so you don't end getting blamed for any loss.

Thanks dpkong,u are always helpful in this forum
:thumbsup:..i will try your not so honest method.. :Jumping:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »
In a way, I actually used the not-so-honest method myself...

Bought a watch from a trusted forum seller from USA. Wore it for a couple of months and found it was running slow consistently. Since it was under warranty, I brought it to RSC at Menara Dion to have them regulate it. After about 30 minutes waiting (with a little bit of suspense since the warranty card was not in my name), it came back and the nice lady told me that the watch was actually within COSC specs but they have regulated it anyway.

Presented me with an official receipt with the watch details and my name on it for RM0.00

Looks like a free authenticity validation if I may say so. And the watch now keeps perfect time.