Author Topic: New Tudor BB58 release  (Read 31609 times)

Offline bulletnos

Re: New Tudor BB58 release
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2021, 08:17:06 PM »
As mentioned in the separate thread though, I’m now eyeing the Strapcode bracelet that Pleasuresaurus mentioned...looks cool...to be honest I have not even worned my bb58 outside my house yet lol. Sized it for my wife and she hasnt worn it yet - still seems a lil big...lol. So maybe I’ll get that aftermarket bracelet with more micro adjustments

Offline dlmarr

• Freshie
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2021, 09:53:47 AM »
Do you have a link for the bracelet please?

Offline juliansaw

« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2021, 12:20:19 PM »
I walked into an AD to and put my name on the waiting list for the BB58 (either blue or black). Did not pay any deposits and I don't have any purchase history with the AD, so I dont expect any calls.

One week later, they called and offered me the black BB58. I guess stocks are more stable these days?

I've had a similar experience with an AD as well.. picked up a black BB58 last year,  after waiting about 1 month. Without prior purchase history with the AD. Although the AD has now become an acquaintance

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2021, 10:30:20 AM »
Do you have a link for the bracelet please?

Not sure if you've managed to get the link yet already or not, just in case.

https://www.strapcode.com/collections/for-bb-fifty-eight

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2021, 10:34:10 AM »
I’m waiting for my strap change tool, once that arrives I plan to get the steel bracelet...will share once that materializes

Offline W3ll

« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2021, 09:38:26 AM »
notice the BB58 demand is probably slowing down judging from the price drop in the grey

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2021, 10:30:40 AM »
It is going the same path of the Tudor Black Bay GMT. Hence the advice is always; buy because you like it
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2021, 10:40:21 AM »
I wonder why though. Reckon it probably has something to do with the target demographic the product is aimed at. People who can afford a USD 3-4k watch are still very much susceptible to the vagaries of global economic downturns and the ongoing pandemic. Hence the drop in demand? Or am I missing something and there's another hype watch that's come along?

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2021, 01:49:12 PM »
I think because supply is not as limited as Rolex, and I think the market has caught on to that. And at that price range, there are quite a few mainstream alternatives out there - can even get a basic PAM, IWC, etc - so maybe more options. Or some just save up for the older brother- Rolex - though that wan is another story altogether in terms of supply...

Offline dpkong

« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2021, 07:13:04 PM »
I wonder why though. Reckon it probably has something to do with the target demographic the product is aimed at. People who can afford a USD 3-4k watch are still very much susceptible to the vagaries of global economic downturns and the ongoing pandemic. Hence the drop in demand? Or am I missing something and there's another hype watch that's come along?

Maybe because Tudor can be had for a reasonable discount but the grey market will always try to hype the price. Once the fire doesn't burn on, the price drops and people who bought thinking they could make a few bucks quickly try to offload the piece which flood the market even more and drive prices down further.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2021, 01:08:21 PM »
U have a point there. When the hype train sampai, too many speculators rush in. Now hype train cabut, too many rush out. Explains a quick depreciation. However, I do reckon that the hype train might return back to station with the next new release.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2021, 05:49:23 PM »
U have a point there. When the hype train sampai, too many speculators rush in. Now hype train cabut, too many rush out. Explains a quick depreciation. However, I do reckon that the hype train might return back to station with the next new release.

I agree with you there. However if this goes on often, sooner or later there will not be a hype train surrounding the brand in general. It will truly be good news for true lovers of the watch.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2021, 01:46:48 PM »
There is one in for sale going from 16,800 to 14,800 for a blue dial

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2021, 08:16:28 AM »
State of the desirability of the watch. No point to purchase if you dont love it.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2021, 09:34:28 AM »
State of the desirability of the watch. No point to purchase if you dont love it.

These days is more like purchase whatever that is hot for some pocket money

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2021, 12:56:42 PM »
Yo anyone bought this watch ? What’s the lowest anyone paid for this ?

Offline W3ll

« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2021, 01:44:14 PM »

There is no discount for this piece, pay retail price at AD, if you manage to buy one off below retail via pre-own is a steal

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2021, 02:50:54 PM »

There is no discount for this piece, pay retail price at AD, if you manage to buy one off below retail via pre-own is a steal

Trying to sell off BR HOROBLACK to get BB58 haha. That’s why surveying around the lowest price for this

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2021, 04:13:37 PM »
I think there is one for sale in the sales thread...pretty good deal if you don't wanna wait

Otherwise - yea, expect no discount from AD's for BB58 - especially the steel bracelet version.

Me? I'm gonna order my strapcode bracelet and maybe ask my AD guy to help me change it if I'm not confident enough...haha

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2021, 04:25:52 PM »
I think there is one for sale in the sales thread...pretty good deal if you don't wanna wait

Otherwise - yea, expect no discount from AD's for BB58 - especially the steel bracelet version.

Me? I'm gonna order my strapcode bracelet and maybe ask my AD guy to help me change it if I'm not confident enough...haha

What’s that ? Strapcode bracelet ?

Offline W3ll

« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2021, 07:23:01 PM »

Trying to sell off BR HOROBLACK to get BB58 haha. That’s why surveying around the lowest price for this

The best deal is to buy direct from AD RM14,150 for a bracelet. The grey market are asking 14,800 and above for this watch with few months warranty already running

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2021, 08:18:15 PM »

The best deal is to buy direct from AD RM14,150 for a bracelet. The grey market are asking 14,800 and above for this watch with few months warranty already running

Thanks for the info mate ! Almost forgot about warranty lol

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2021, 09:27:15 PM »
Came across on a Tudor group, UK user said there's a site offering ready stock BB58 with free watch winder. Dude got it and sold off the winder for an additional discount :Laughing_on_floor: reckon market demand has cooled enough for retail offers to start improving.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2021, 03:12:53 PM »
Yea, supply is available so prices may not inflate like Rolex..I heard from other 3rd party sites too that since the in-house movement in the BB58 is solely used for BB58 at this point, Tudor may most likely produce more variants of the BB58 ...maybe in different colour too...speculation je la...but let's see come Apr/May period...

And I just ordered my strapcode bracelet. Can't wait to get it and finally wear the watch!

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2021, 05:01:17 PM »
Nice bro! Looking forward to seeing it set up on the watch. Might take a while though, logistics services now all slow down because of covid.

The movement angle is a rather interesting subject. The MT5402 is built for Tudor by its subsidiary Kenissi, and they really know what they're about seeing how their efforts have won them what, 5 GPHG awards already? Having said that, Kenissi also makes cals. for Norqain, Breitling and Chanel. Here's an A:B of the Norqain NN20/1 and the Tudor MT5402. Very similar in general appearance, same power reserve, same no. of jewels. Reckon the only difference is rotor and finishing.

I reckon the base model of both movements are the same, just finished to different end requirements by the client. And I also recommend checking out the Chanel J12 also, which runs a cal.12.1 also by Kenissi. Elegant rotor and finished more nicely, likely because its on a clear case back. Similar looks, differing only in the number of jewels and date function. I reckon Tudor is definitely gonna be putting out more BB58 or similar sized time pieces, probably some in interesting and attractive color combinations. New watches means new hype, might mean better resale value too perhaps?