Author Topic: Rolex submariner bluesy vs black gold  (Read 2130 times)

Offline hoho1111

• Freshie
Rolex submariner bluesy vs black gold
« on: September 19, 2023, 06:43:36 PM »
 ??? I’m currently contemplating between the submariner two tone bluesy and the black gold version. Personally I’m more into the bluesy but I already have the OP39mm in blue. It has the sunray dial too so im not sure if it’s too repetitive. I also have an omega seamaster 120 neo vintage watch in blue. Do you guys think it’s too repetitive?

Offline dpkong

Re: Rolex submariner bluesy vs black gold
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 06:59:34 PM »
The 126613LB is a classic in blue.. the black just doesn't cut it.. get rid of the 39mm OP blue or swap another color.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 09:27:24 PM »
Between the two - the bluesy!

Offline hoho1111

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 06:31:51 AM »
The 126613LB is a classic in blue.. the black just doesn't cut it.. get rid of the 39mm OP blue or swap another color.

I really like my op and it was a gift so there’s no way I’m selling it haha. I’m hoping the sub being a dive watch and has yellow gold would differentiate it enough from my op

Offline HarleMec

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 01:03:04 PM »
the bluesy for me too!

I love the OP39 in blue, in fact that's the best-looking OP for me and I was even contemplating to sell my PAM111 which I love as much to fund for one.

for some reason the blue/gold combination does look much better than the black/gold combo when it comes to the sub. I also think it's more recognizable.

Offline hoho1111

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 02:38:19 PM »
the bluesy for me too!

I love the OP39 in blue, in fact that's the best-looking OP for me and I was even contemplating to sell my PAM111 which I love as much to fund for one.

for some reason the blue/gold combination does look much better than the black/gold combo when it comes to the sub. I also think it's more recognizable.
Exactly! If I only had to have one watch it would be the op. Good looking and understated. I guess I should just go all out with the bluesy and let it be my bling f u watch hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dpkong

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2023, 02:45:37 PM »
totally agree that for the 2-tone Submariner, the blue/gold combo is more recognisable than the black/gold... to me it is an icon as I grew up seeing wealthy uncles and their friends all wearing one.. and it really isn't such a blingy f u watch compared to say, a Day-Date or gold Sky-Dweller

go for it!! prices on the grey market are softer now if you cannot get at retail

Offline hoho1111

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 08:22:07 AM »
totally agree that for the 2-tone Submariner, the blue/gold combo is more recognisable than the black/gold... to me it is an icon as I grew up seeing wealthy uncles and their friends all wearing one.. and it really isn't such a blingy f u watch compared to say, a Day-Date or gold Sky-Dweller

go for it!! prices on the grey market are softer now if you cannot get at retail
Yess seems like bluesy is the winner here

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 06:32:49 AM »
Definitely the blue for me. Unless you are going for a brand new piece; i would not discount a variant of the Bluesy with the matte smurf blue dial. Always felt that one to be nicer compared to the current sunray version. At least it would offer you something different over your current OP.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2023, 11:14:17 AM »
Definitely the blue for me. Unless you are going for a brand new piece; i would not discount a variant of the Bluesy with the matte smurf blue dial. Always felt that one to be nicer compared to the current sunray version. At least it would offer you something different over your current OP.

I've rarely seen that matte smurf blue dial.. quite the unicorn

Offline kingtrader9

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023, 08:02:18 PM »
Bluesy, always blue, no fight

Offline dpkong

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2023, 04:42:46 PM »

Yess seems like bluesy is the winner here

hope this push you over the fence... go for it!

:Cheers:

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2023, 10:55:41 PM »
Definitely go blue, a classy choice..... unless ur flipping it in a jiffy in which case whichever lah  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline hoho1111

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2023, 05:52:38 PM »
Definitely go blue, a classy choice..... unless ur flipping it in a jiffy in which case whichever lah  :Laughing_on_floor:
Won’t be flipping it cuz I’m going to buy it grey :( but I’ve worn the watches irl and I’m kind of leaning towards the black version of the gold. The bluesy is wayyyy too flashy for me imo

Offline hoho1111

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2023, 05:54:07 PM »
Won’t be flipping it cuz I’m going to buy it grey :( but I’ve worn the watches irl and I’m kind of leaning towards the black version of the gold. The bluesy is wayyyy too flashy for me imo

Offline dpkong

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2023, 06:13:05 PM »
Prices on grey market still going downwards.. not a good idea to buy there.

For 126613LB and a few other half-gold watches, the market is getting soft. Best to talk to an AD instead.

If you really like the black/gold combination, consider the Sea-Dweller instead, 126603 though am not sure what the grey market is like for it.

Offline hoho1111

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2023, 06:17:43 PM »

For 126613LB and a few other half-gold watches, the market is getting soft. Best to talk to an AD instead.

If you really like the black/gold combination, consider the Sea-Dweller instead, 126603 though am not sure what the grey market is like for it.

Oh yea I was thinking of getting the 116613 used not grey.
I’ve talked to an AD already and got my name on the list but realistically I’m not expecting much from them cuz Rolex is Rolex. Am I right here or should I try waiting?
Also the sea dweller is too big for me imo. Sub is already on my limits

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2023, 07:49:36 PM »

Eh, ya ka? interesting, I would've thought it would hold at least

Offline dpkong

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2023, 11:49:54 AM »

From what can be seen on forums, there are lots of people getting called to pick up the 126613LB and other half-gold models. So my guess is the hype is ending unless there is a drastic turn of events.

At retail price, it should still hold for awhile but who really knows... they were sold at discounts before...

Offline Vicc8433

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2023, 04:17:06 PM »
Definitely a bluesy for me too any day! Wish to get my hand on one of it :)