Author Topic: Urwerk King Cobra UR-CC1  (Read 2779 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Urwerk King Cobra UR-CC1
« on: July 15, 2009, 02:39:08 PM »

Limited Edition of 50 Pieces

On the UR-CC1, there are two horizontal indications displayed by two retrograde cylinders: one for the (jumping) hours, the other for the minutes. And don't be lulled by the apparent simplicity of the displays; the UR-CC1 is the result of more than three years of research, development, production and testing to ensure that the rotation and instant fly-back of the large hour and minute cylinders was achieved without compromising accurate timekeeping.

A vertical triple-cam operating a rack (visible through a window in the side of the case) rotates the minute cylinder. From zero to 60 minutes, the minute cylinder rotates through 300°. On arriving at the 60-minute mark the cylinder instantly (1/10th of a second) reverses back to its original position thanks to an extra-flat linear spring. The retrograde movement of the minute cylinder triggers the hour cylinder to advance (jump) one complete hour.

The triple-cam is crafted from bronze beryllium, a metal selected for its inherently self-lubricating properties and low co-efficient of friction, and takes the form of three small inclines. The precise shape of the curve of the incline is relayed to the pivoting rack, while the teeth on the end of the rack mesh with and rotate the minute cylinder. The triple-cam makes a complete rotation in three hours so that each of the three inclines takes 60 minutes, and 180 points of reference have been calculated on each of the three cams to ensure the precise and isochronic rotation of the minute cylinder.

The dial of the UR-CC1 is animated by a rotating disk displaying the seconds both digitally and linearly, a world’s first. This incredible exploit was achieved thanks to Mimotec’s photolithography production technique, which enabled the component to be fabricated from ultra-light nickel; the procedure is even more precise than electro-erosion. To reduce mass to an absolute minimum, the minuscule numerals were even skeletonised. A small tab at 10 seconds bearing the Urwerk logo precisely counterbalances the disk's single-digit numbers. This marvel of micro-precision weighs only 0.09 grams.

The case, in white gold with titanium or black gold with titanium, measures 45mm x 44mm x 15mm.

Movement is the automatic Urwerk in-house caliber UR-CC1. Indications are linear display for hours and minutes with jumping hours and retrograde minutes; second display both digital and linear.

The UR-CC1 features the firm’s pneumatic shock-absorbing Rotor Fly Brake automatic winding system, which minimizes rotor and mechanism wear and damage from shock and harsh movements. The operation of the Rotor Fly Brake is visible through a window on the side of the case.

copied from timezone

Offline takashi78

Re: Urwerk King Cobra UR-CC1
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:14:53 PM »
If i cant tell the time within 3secs of looking at the watch...then sorry....

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:23:48 PM »
LOL! This timepiece is not mainly just tell u time la..

if I manage to buy this piece i don't think i will bother if I can't read time in 3 secs..i will stare on it till i get the time  ;D

:Cheers:
sc

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 01:09:47 PM »
i thought this is very easy to tell time.... better than our normal watch...
but just because of we been trained to read the watch and clock so we can read that within 3 second....

anyway, like scott said, till the stage we can afford to buy this.... then reading time is not so important already...

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 11:24:37 AM »
This watch is for those tycoons who can afford to take their own sweet time to tell the time.
Hence it's not for me.
Thanks for sharing.
 :Cheers: