Author Topic: Pre-Owned Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust  (Read 2189 times)

Offline chefindomee

Pre-Owned Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust
« on: October 04, 2022, 12:41:18 PM »
Hi all,

Since covid-19, my business has been going down and in dire need to raise cash for survival. I have inherited this Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust, and am considering of letting it go to raise cash if it necessary...

But I am absolutely not familiar with watches or their resell value, and would appreciate if i could understand what would be the estimated selling price for this watch?

Thank you.

Offline dpkong

Re: Pre-Owned Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 12:47:48 PM »
below RM20k if it's real

Offline gunsnroses

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 12:56:21 PM »
The hands look suspect.

Offline chefindomee

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 01:04:58 PM »
How could i authentic it to know if it is real? As in bringing this shop to any Rolex AD? thanks

Offline jf98

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 01:42:48 PM »
Sorry to hear the situation, hope there will be better times ahead. Unfortunately the watch does look a bit suspect. Your best bet would be to bring to a secondhand dealer or watchmaker and ask if it is genuine and if they would take it in. Several out there like Wing Wah, Dekairos, Dechronos etc. If real I reckon it's worth around 15k depending on condition

Offline aum1

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 11:31:46 AM »
How could i authentic it to know if it is real? As in bringing this shop to any Rolex AD? thanks

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough spell. Hope it will improve soonest.

Rolex Service Center in Menara Dion take around 250 rm. But then again, that's to tell you what servicing needs to be done.
The price if I recall correctly, was circa 2019 pre-pandemic. They give you a cool green watch sleeve and a cleaning cloth like an eyeglass cloth with a service fee and break down of what needs to be done.

Check your PM

I'm with the members above, that the hands do look suspect. From a 1980s-1990s Titoni brand.