Author Topic: Selling as Private Seller in Chrono24  (Read 3316 times)

Offline DaytonaS

Selling as Private Seller in Chrono24
« on: August 15, 2022, 09:14:07 PM »
Dear fellow members,
Has anyone of you sold a watch as a Private Seller in Chrono24?
Can you please share your experience?

Offline ohlian

• Freshie
Re: Selling as Private Seller in Chrono24
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 10:42:24 AM »
F~

wish to know also.
i got experience purchase in Chrono24, but hope to know how to act as a private seller as well.

Offline rnsm1979

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 07:24:59 AM »
i believe in Chrono24, they charge 6.5 % as commission from the price of the watch (if you successfully sold it through their platform)

Offline Doreemon

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 09:14:47 AM »
As a seller what i feared most is the buyer on the other side could just swap out the genuine that u sent with a replica and open a dispute. I still very much prefer to sell to local buyers via cod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dpkong

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 08:16:21 PM »
As a seller what i feared most is the buyer on the other side could just swap out the genuine that u sent with a replica and open a dispute. I still very much prefer to sell to local buyers via cod

This is a very worrisome possibility.. seller's word against buyer, higher chance seller loses..

Offline hong999

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 11:56:54 AM »

Food for thought and I agreed with you. The super-clone movement for Rolex and other high-end brands are getting worried. Hence, some of the seller posted the movement picture (or open the Rolex caseback and take a picture of Rolex movement) in Chrono24 to prevent the dispute / the part swapping from the buyer.

Another way is recording the entire unboxing process after received the courier including tracking code, unboxing process, display all the accessories and warranty card.   

Offline wingman7

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 12:49:18 PM »
I sold a few watches in Chrono24 before, so far never encounter any issues. Having said that, none of my previously sold watches worth more than $10k. Therefore lesser chance of the buyer swapping the movement.

All the buyers will use the Chrono24 Secure Escrow service when making the purchase.

Offline wingman7

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 12:52:28 PM »
i believe in Chrono24, they charge 6.5 % as commission from the price of the watch (if you successfully sold it through their platform)

Yeah, they charged 6.5% on the price of the watch minus the courier fee with insurance. So you can still adjust a bit before the final submission for the agreed selling price.

Offline Doreemon

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 05:00:35 PM »
I sold a few watches in Chrono24 before, so far never encounter any issues. Having said that, none of my previously sold watches worth more than $10k. Therefore lesser chance of the buyer swapping the movement.

All the buyers will use the Chrono24 Secure Escrow service when making the purchase.

Bro how do u calculate shipping? or do u just simply put a fixed amount regardless which country it's gonna be ship to?

Offline wingman7

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2022, 01:30:46 PM »

Bro how do u calculate shipping? or do u just simply put a fixed amount regardless which country it's gonna be ship to?

I used a fixed amount as it is really difficult to put the actual shipping price based on the weight or dimensions of the parcel, and the destination country. I normally used $150 as a guideline because I shipped to US before, and it cost me around RM350++ using Fedex or DHL with insurance. Mainly due to the watch box size.

Chrono24 will only charge 6.5% for the watch price and the total cost. For example:

The buyer agreed $2000 for the watch with courier.

Then you can declared the watch price as $1800 and $200 for courier. The 6.5% commission will be based on $1800.

You can mark up the watch price to cover this 6.5% commission. so that you lose too much.

Offline Vicc8433

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2023, 12:22:11 AM »

I used a fixed amount as it is really difficult to put the actual shipping price based on the weight or dimensions of the parcel, and the destination country. I normally used $150 as a guideline because I shipped to US before, and it cost me around RM350++ using Fedex or DHL with insurance. Mainly due to the watch box size.

Chrono24 will only charge 6.5% for the watch price and the total cost. For example:

The buyer agreed $2000 for the watch with courier.

Then you can declared the watch price as $1800 and $200 for courier. The 6.5% commission will be based on $1800.

You can mark up the watch price to cover this 6.5% commission. so that you lose too much.
Thanks for the great insight bro