Author Topic: Is it safe? Carousell seller  (Read 13088 times)

Offline nesohu

Re: Is it safe? Carousell seller
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2022, 08:25:27 AM »
Friend say Carousell less scammer compare to mudah.

Mudah is part of Carousell. They are sister companies.

Offline nesohu

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2022, 08:27:43 AM »
Is very annoying that these buyers from Carousell call out a price that’s 30% lower than your selling price everytime trying their luck. Like do that expect every seller to markup and bump their selling price by 20% and above to profit ?

I've sold close to 50 items on the app. It's only for those high prices items that they'll ask for discount. But never did I meet anyone that asks for 30% cut. There's only 1 that request for full refund as it's wholely my mistake for not packing the item carefully before selling.

Offline chiggah

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2022, 03:12:33 PM »
Are greys usually quite reliable or better do my due diligence too ?

I noticed there are lots of grey at Berjaya and Amcorp.

Just concerned if they may swap out a replica for a brand new watch , or quite unlikely ?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2022, 09:33:29 PM »
Are greys usually quite reliable or better do my due diligence too ?

I noticed there are lots of grey at Berjaya and Amcorp.

Just concerned if they may swap out a replica for a brand new watch , or quite unlikely ?

I guess it all depends on how long they've been in business.. and how long they intend to stay in it..

Question is, if something does go wrong, would they instead turn around and claim that you the buyer had swapped out the items instead...

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2022, 12:02:37 PM »
ya kan, that's the iffy part. if it doesn't happen nvm la, if it does...panjang cerita....ultimately the adage "don't buy the watch, but the seller" is apt

Offline chiggah

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2022, 07:12:01 PM »
Don’t see a grey feedback thread here so posting here instead.

Anyone dealt with VS watch and jewellery at Times Square ?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2022, 07:07:08 AM »
Don’t see a grey feedback thread here so posting here instead.

Anyone dealt with VS watch and jewellery at Times Square ?

start a new thread? you may get more response there

Offline widget

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2022, 06:21:55 AM »
Friend say Carousell less scammer compare to mudah.

Indeed.
I'f I post my handphone numbers on my sales thread in Mudah, will always receive 3-4 whatsapp messages from local or overseas numbers with the same modus operandi.
But so far no such messages if I post in Carousell

Offline DaytonaS

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2022, 10:19:38 PM »
The sellers history is important. If the seller is new, will be good to meet the seller for COD. If amount is a lot, would be good to meet at a safe place such as at the bank 😊. The seller can bank in the cash immediately rather than risk carrying the cash.

Offline bc40

• Freshie
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2022, 08:27:15 AM »
Safe but dont know how serious they are. And they lowball all the time

Offline KernkraftX360

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2023, 09:53:22 AM »
It's quite scary how these "grey market" watches are bull dozing through the Carousell's watches section. I personally think it's quite misleading and people will not get their money's worth buying those thinking they are authentic pieces.

Offline c4all

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2023, 02:00:00 PM »
Buyers would have to do their due diligence before purchasing. As a seller on the platform, I do encounter many jokesters that would ghost me after making offers. I guess it is the downside of online dealing.

Offline jbboy12

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2023, 09:53:07 PM »
Is very annoying that these buyers from Carousell call out a price that’s 30% lower than your selling price everytime trying their luck. Like do that expect every seller to markup and bump their selling price by 20% and above to profit ?

I tried to sell something for 1.5k and the buyer told me "my budget is 750. Can you accept?" I literally lol-ed. As if we as sellers should pander to the budget of the buyer and not based on a fair market price.

Offline jbboy12

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2023, 09:54:21 PM »
I think they are just looking for a good deal. The rule of thumb I feel in pricing watches should be that they are higher than what watch dealers outside are offering to buy your piece but lower than what these dealers are asking for when selling the same piece. If the watch is priced outside this range, the watch will remain unsold regardless of the platform used.

What’s more funny (ridiculous) is that they are very consistent and stubborn. Told them NO and yet they kept messaging you and asking for lower than usual price range lol

Just block them lol.

Offline afiq asyran

• Freshie
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2023, 02:26:20 AM »
A lot of Carousell sellers either based in Singapore, KOta Bharu even, quoted way beyond suggested retail price. It's kinda sus, where does he get the watches.

Offline shanky0

• Freshie
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2023, 07:16:29 PM »
I bought a few watches from carousell in the past few months. There are some really good deals there which I have unearthed, but also have equal shares of scammers. These are the things which I personally do to vet the buyer -

i) If the price is unrealistically cheap, most likely its a fake, I'm talking like 10%-25% of retail price. Use common sense basically.
ii) I check their selling history and read reviews. And I go further by reading the profile of the reviewer. There was this scammer selling an omega aqua terra for around 10k, he left a review using his own accounts. Also use the same profile pic for both accounts, genius  ???
iii) I'm not expert enough to authentic watches, so I insist only on buying watches with full sets, and I will match the serial numbers to the card before I buy.
iv) For anything above 1k, insist on COD, better to lose out on a potentially good deal, rather than being scammed.
v) Trust your gut instinct when communicating with the seller, if he cant answer your questions, or something just feel off, proceed with caution
vi) Beware of stock pics, insist on them sending you actual pic of the watch, do not be afraid of asking questions

Recently I just starting posting on Carousell myself to sell off my own watches too. Now on other end of spectrum where Im being lowballed by dealers who ask 20 or 30% off my price. 

Offline gr2k

• Freshie
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2023, 10:14:49 AM »
Carousell is filled with lowballers...

in any case, i would only buy from someone with more than 10 ratings and at least 4-5 stars overall.

some sellers are actually the salesperson from a watch shop...i once saw a GS and PM-ed the guy and he's basically from Seiko Mid Valley.

Offline agbyee

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2023, 10:11:25 PM »
Point number 3 isn’t that safe either because I’ve seen fakes with serial numbers matching to the fake warranty card as well. Always stick to the one rule - Buy the seller. I’m also a reseller in Carousell as well as a shopper in there. Been selling watches there for almost 8yrs now.
If a seller has more than 10(5star) reviews, been in there for over a year, I would say it’s quite safe to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HarleMec

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2023, 03:19:08 PM »
would be nice to actually collate reviews of Carousell resellers. Is this allowed in this forum?