Author Topic: Boutique and AD discount  (Read 4522 times)

Offline andy99

• Freshie
Boutique and AD discount
« on: January 12, 2021, 07:56:05 PM »
Just curious and hope to get some update and experience sharing from fellow members about the current market standard for discount of Swiss watches.

Obviously not Rolex but brands like Tudor, Tag, Pam, Bell & Ross, etc etc..

:)

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

Offline pleasuresaurus

Re: Boutique and AD discount
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 10:20:13 AM »
Rolex, Tudor, AP, PP, I think hard to get la discounts. Too much attention and demand for those brands, or specific models in the brand line up (i.e. PP Aquanaut/nautilus, AP RO, Tudor BB). The rest is fair game la I'd say. 15-20% at least, depending on brand. A lot of it is dependent on the brand/model and ur bargaining game also la. Some watches u walk in and ask, they give 20% off up front siap-siap  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline andy99

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 11:54:53 AM »
Rolex, Tudor, AP, PP, I think hard to get la discounts. Too much attention and demand for those brands, or specific models in the brand line up (i.e. PP Aquanaut/nautilus, AP RO, Tudor BB). The rest is fair game la I'd say. 15-20% at least, depending on brand. A lot of it is dependent on the brand/model and ur bargaining game also la. Some watches u walk in and ask, they give 20% off up front siap-siap  :Laughing_on_floor:
Yes sir definitely not those hot sports models of Rolex, AP, PP. Not only no discounts but have to be prepared to pay premiums for them and almost impossible to get directly from ADs. Only on secondary or grey market :(

Offline ambrose0422

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 09:05:27 PM »
I went to survey and try on a few watches recently, as what i know Tudor are likely to received 10-20% discount, Bell & Ross i got 10%, Omega 10%. However it still based on how you negotiate with them, i believed if you are ready on set, for sure they will satisfy your demand.

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 08:30:51 AM »
No hope for Tudor, I think others can get 20%...

During valiram sales, omega was like 20-25%

Offline ambrose0422

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 09:20:18 AM »
No hope for Tudor, I think others can get 20%...

During valiram sales, omega was like 20-25%

Seems you got some idea in your mind, then should be good to go with your feeling. :)

Offline dpkong

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 06:32:28 PM »
I believe 20-30% is available for brands like OMEGA JLC Breitling

I wouldn't buy an ORIS or B&R without  minimum 35% off.. as I see people selling brand new for almost 50% off.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 06:48:34 PM »
I think everyone gets different discounts at ADs or boutiques. That is why it is hard to decide on a market standard.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 07:08:37 PM »
I think everyone gets different discounts at ADs or boutiques. That is why it is hard to decide on a market standard.

Knowing what other people are getting helps us when bargaining I guess..

Offline andy99

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 08:26:00 PM »
Yes getting others' experience certainly helps. From some posts now we can see certain brands going around 20-25-30 (as in general, excluding relationship with AD, hot pieces etc)  So if I were to go in to a shop and only offered 10% I know I can bargain for more or try another AD.

And yes brands like Oris and Bell & Ross so many resellers out there selling brand new easily 40-50% off.