Author Topic: Forum Rules and Guidelines Update - Members Signatures  (Read 7693 times)

Offline danny

• Administrator
Forum Rules and Guidelines Update - Members Signatures
« on: December 22, 2010, 06:40:15 AM »
Recently we have received some feedback concerning the size of the graphics used in some members' signatures. Large signature graphic files take a toll on the server performance and also slows down the loading of the affected topics for many members with slower line connection. This adversely affects the overall user experience for many members.
Hence we seek your understanding to minimize the size of your signature graphics so that the forum can focus on its overall content ie horology in the Malaysian context.

The section on Member's signatures have been amended as follows with the amendments highlighted in bold and italics.

• Member signatures shall comply with the following guidelines (Member signatures not in compliance with the guidelines shall be removed without notice):
    •  
    • Links or references to personal non-commercial web sites are allowed.
    •  
    • Links or references to commercial web sites are not permitted.
    •  
    • Signatures shall not contain political/religious statements, sexist/racist remarks, offensive statements.
    • Signature graphics dimensions shall not be larger than 400 x 150 pixels and the file size shall not exceed 50 kB.
    • Signature length shall not exceed 400 characters.

Offline kaka23

Re: Forum Rules and Guidelines Update - Members Signatures
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 05:32:23 PM »
Guys... how do I put a pictured signature at the bottom? I search the forum and only see the settings to put wording signature, not picture. Please advise..

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 06:03:35 AM »
Guys... how do I put a pictured signature at the bottom? I search the forum and only see the settings to put wording signature, not picture. Please advise..

Hi Kaka,
You'll need to host your image somewhere else like flickr or photobucket. Once you've done that you'll need to insert the following BBcode tag into your signature to get the pic:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://your_image_url/[/img]
Hope that helps.
Remember not to exceed the size limits.
 :Cheers:

Offline kaka23

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 04:23:09 PM »
Yea.. it really helps! Thanks!