Author Topic: Porsche Carerra or Porsche Cayman without the S  (Read 27930 times)

Offline Meor72

• Freshie
Re: Porsche Carerra or Porsche Cayman without the S
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 10:47:11 PM »
Should go for the carrera, the drive and feel of it is ery different.
Meor

Offline adit_up

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 01:54:47 PM »
Porsche carrera I voted! Spend more money to get what is more valuable too.  :thumbsup:

Offline Spider boy

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »
The only Porsche I know , is the 911. That's all.

Offline peanut

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 04:02:42 PM »
Get a 991 Carrera 4S if money is not an issue for you.  I was choosing between a 997 Carrera S and 987 (cayman S) early this year before I decided to keep my bimmer and get the Cayman S.  I have no regret as my Cayman S is over 300hp and can give a 997 standard Carrera a run for the money in the track. 

The more powerful 911 Carrera S will require better skills to drive.  If you start with your first sport car, it is better to get a mid engine and less power car before you go to 911. 

Offline Anfield

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 09:30:33 AM »
Very good choice, bro peanut. :thumbsup:
Some ppl used to asso Cayman as a woman car, always adv punter to go for Carrrera, as it's a long estb icon for Porsche. The thought is somehow altered, that this mid engine, 2-seaters roadster with PDK, chrono sport & launch control is really a well-balanced, fun driver car. As you have rightly put it, unmod version can easily out paced a base Carrera. A simple ECU remapped version, without turbo-charge can give C4S a run for the money! But, the imp thing is fun to drive, rather than speed, ............. can always opt for GTR if that is the concern. I rather enjoy the pleasure of handling than speed!
This Cayman R may turn out to be a future classic for Porsche, who know?! :Cheers:

Offline Spider boy

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 09:51:33 PM »
It really not about the power , even a carrera s doesn't seem fast at today 's standard. If u do care about power then why not a 996 turbo N it's awd easy enough to handle . 911 is like the submariner for Rolex ...and cayman..perhaps a gs diver from seiko ?  Then again 993 turbo is way a real Porsche than a 996turbo . There is just something missing on the boxter and cayman... Somehow the rear bit isn't Porsche enough, but I do Admit having driven a regular cayman, it,s pretty fun to handle , sound like a air-cooled Porsche .  But having choose between a carrera and cayman , is really a personal preference . All the 911s are timeless , apart from 996. 911,930,964,993,and I believe 997 will too .

Offline peanut

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 01:47:47 PM »
I thought the Boxster is a woman or mistress' car?  :P

I am thinking about putting a TPC Turbo on my Cayman S next year once my skills is better.  In the mean time, I am just enjoying a light weight, fun, practical (except being a 2-seater), great handling car.  Every time I drive, I always look for corners and I never fail to have a wide grin on my face when exiting a corner   ;D

Offline Spider boy

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 02:00:46 PM »
"I thought the Boxster is a woman or mistress' car?  " lol !!!  "  dont be so sexist bah..!

and cayman s with turbo is going to be quick :thumbsup: ! what system have they got ? a bolt on low boost kit or one that you get more bhp by lowering compression (piston changing)  and higher boost. I believe any package of the later one can give even a standard lambo a good run! 

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 02:38:53 PM »
A good car makes you feel good when you're driving. It could be because of the interior, it might be from the dynamics. Totally depends on what the end user is looking for. Myself; I'd pick the 997S over a Cayman. But if you can wait until prices for the 991S comes down... that is the one I would strongly suggest as the 991S is a much improved car over the 997S.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 02:47:58 PM by r3kahsttub »

Offline Ledzep

• Freshie
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 11:25:37 PM »
Go for Carerra! You will never get enough from a Cayman, like how i wish i could get more torque from my Cayenne. The price for a Carerra recond unit is quite close to your budget.   

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »

With the right kit, even the standard Carrera can look awesome :)

Offline kaka23

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 01:32:07 PM »
Carrera bro!

Offline Seiko2012

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2012, 10:27:50 AM »
nice nice drive it i can own 1

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2019, 08:36:06 AM »
Poor man I am, opt for the 2017 Cayman 718 only. Adequate & excellent weekend ride for me