Author Topic: James Bond's new watch  (Read 6123 times)

Offline genec

James Bond's new watch
« on: June 16, 2011, 06:44:26 PM »
James Bond no longer wears a Sub in the latest JB novel Carte Blanche

http://jamesbondwatchesblog.com/2011/06/discovered-james-bonds-carte-blanche-rolex-watch/

Offline Scott C.

Re: James Bond's new watch
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 08:29:48 PM »
No more Omega too???

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »
No more Omega too???

Don't think Commander Bond ever wore an Omega in the books. Movies different issue.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 06:48:34 AM »
Well, to be honest, we can have a good discussion about this. :thumbsup:

Fleming once said, that Bond can never wear just any watch, it must be a Rolex. I mean, I'm not a Rolex fanboy or anything, but I guess that's understandable seeing that Fleming himself wore a Rolex. Had he worn a Seiko, it might just be plausible that the most copied and iconic watch in the world right now would be a 6105! :o (not to say that Bond had not actually worn a Seiko. Roger Moore had the "honour" (depending on which side of the fence you're eating the grass from) to don a few Seikos in a few Bond movies).

And how the Rolex subsequently became an Omega, starting with Goldeneye is something that we all could speculate until the cows come home, but I don't have a problem with that. After all, I've got two Omegas inspired by none other than the Bond films themselves.  :laugh:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline takashi78

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 07:03:00 AM »
Kinda disappointing that he does not wear some sports model this round.
But a "dress" Rolex.
Would be something if he was wearing the DSSD.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 07:04:01 AM »
Hard to imagine that Ursula Andress would still allow Connery to wrap his arms around her delicious body had that piece on his wrist was a Seiko instead of that ... well you know what.  :-* (and yes, I admit that I paid more attention to her body than to the watch)  :P

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 08:36:05 AM »
Hard to imagine that Ursula Andress would still allow Connery to wrap his arms around her delicious body had that piece on his wrist was a Seiko instead of that ... well you know what.  :-* (and yes, I admit that I paid more attention to her body than to the watch)  :P

Watch? what watch?  ;D  ::)

Offline Manburg

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 01:55:41 PM »

Offline Fairy Oly

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »
yummie yummie
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 04:04:03 PM »
yummie yummie

I'm sure you're referring to Connery ... :D

Offline Fairy Oly

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 09:05:15 PM »
yummie yummie

I'm sure you're referring to Connery ... :D

lol.. MANBURG!!!

i was referring to the delicious body~  :P :Cheers: yummie yummie :Cheers:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 01:43:19 PM »

lol.. MANBURG!!!

I knew you're referring to the body, but if it's the body of Andress that you're being yummie yummie, then I'd be very interested to know why. I thought only men would be yummie yummie over such a bootylicous offering. ;D

Offline Fairy Oly

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 03:36:45 PM »

lol.. MANBURG!!!

I knew you're referring to the body, but if it's the body of Andress that you're being yummie yummie, then I'd be very interested to know why. I thought only men would be yummie yummie over such a bootylicous offering. ;D

Connery covered too much of his body nothing yummie but Andress.. :shocked1: :shocked1: guess no one could resist beautiful thing~ :Cheers: :Cheers:

yummie yummie  :Cheers:

Offline Manburg

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 03:54:05 PM »

Connery covered too much of his body nothing yummie but Andress.. :shocked1: :shocked1: guess no one could resist beautiful thing~ :Cheers: :Cheers:

yummie yummie  :Cheers:

Hmmmm ....  :shocked1:

Offline Chong_9637

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 12:00:10 PM »
why no more omega!!!!