Author Topic: England Premier League 2012/13..  (Read 43801 times)

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
Re: England Premier League 2012/13..
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2013, 07:57:16 AM »
with 12 point clear from city, will man u win the title this season or city will strive to retained its status?

"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline swleong

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2013, 09:54:06 AM »
I'm a MU supporter thus i would hope MU reclaim the title this season.

But can't deny, MC is equally good as MU, if not better.

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2013, 02:17:08 PM »
I think MU is going to walk away with the PL title. They are more consistent up till now and with only 11 more games to play. regards tony

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2013, 12:51:44 PM »
No, Tony, remember last season with 8 games to go MC pips ManUtd to be the winner by goan margin difference. So the "ball is round" as people say. Wait till it is the last possible moment (like ManUtd leading 12 points with 4 games to go) then I would say it is 99% ManUtd will be League Champ.

I'm a MU supporter thus i would hope MU reclaim the title this season.
But can't deny, MC is equally good as MU, if not better.

Could not agree more with you, swleong.
Others than the 2 Manchester clubs, Chelsea looks like a spent force (bundled out from 4 possible competition - BPL, League Cup, Champions League etc), Arsenal does not have the edge or aggression like in their previous teams and Liverpool is "rank" the same or below Everton (a team used to be ManUtd's surplus feeder team).

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2013, 07:56:28 AM »
It looks like the EPL title is going back to MU. Yes they have been very lucky to have won a match by opponent's own goal, but they  are also more consistent than the  rest and much better than they were last year. tony
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 07:59:39 AM by tonykpk »

Offline Empty Tree 8

« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2013, 08:21:25 AM »
Although I am more of an "anything but MU" sorta guy, its really looking to be a title which is MU's to lose. They looked kind of jaded against Sunderland but was not  really in trouble throughout the game. Buttner was exceptional with his tireless work rate.

Liverpool looked good against Aston Villa yesterday...showed great character  in coming back from a goal down although they dominated for much of the game. Coutinho looked like the steal of the season...what a sublime lay through to Henderson.....can't believe that he is just 20!

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2013, 10:35:32 AM »
Gotta agree on Coutinho.
As a diehard reds fan... wasn't expecting anything this season as I was seeing it as a transition period.
But it was nice seeing them getting better...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Empty Tree 8

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2013, 10:08:29 AM »
Gotta agree on Coutinho.
As a diehard reds fan... wasn't expecting anything this season as I was seeing it as a transition period.

Coutinho's great....poor Sterling has been relegated to the bench....but he has years ahead and should't be exposed so much. Fergie once commented that Michael Owen was exposed too much as a youth by Liverpool that he failed to reached his fullest potential. Brendan Rodgers is probably taking heed of that wrt Sterling.     

Offline Empty Tree 8

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2013, 07:12:12 AM »
Gotta agree on Coutinho.

Bro...for the Merseyside die hard fans.....Liverpool has the youngest squad. Looks like Tan Sri Tony stuck with the near pensioners.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2013, 08:35:35 AM »
Gotta agree on Coutinho.

Bro...for the Merseyside die hard fans.....Liverpool has the youngest squad. Looks like Tan Sri Tony stuck with the near pensioners.

It is nice to follow Liverpool during their ups and downs and all those turmoil.
I can finally see some stability and hopefully improvement season after season.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2013, 05:31:16 AM »
as much as i detest the Mancs, I think Sterling need to learn from Giggs.  Pacy and tricky wingers are exciting to watch but they can also turn out to be a 1-2 seasons wonder.  IT has happened and might happened to Sterling.  You can only fly down the flanks with your pace and trickery for a limited number of times.  After that, either your legs and body will fail you or your opponent will find a way to deal with you. 
Giggs and Figo started as wizardry wingers.  They still have a trick or two in dribbling and running past opponents in their final years as players.  But more importantly, they also reinvent themselves as good readers of the game and could control the attacking play alongside good midfielders and all out strikers. 
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2013, 12:28:35 PM »
Suarez made headlines again....
Not for scoring in the dying second...

But for zombie bite
 :thumbsdown:

Offline Empty Tree 8

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2013, 12:50:13 PM »
Suarez made headlines again....
Not for scoring in the dying second...

But for zombie bite
 :thumbsdown:

haa...haa...He really needs to start maintaining more professionalism. Someone of his caliber don't need to be doing things like that. But I think where he comes from, i.e. South America, this sort of things are not very frowned upon, where the football is more visceral. Case in point, Tevez.

But coming back to Liverpool, its again up and down from the last 3 games' results. I was out buying jerseys yesterday and from my choice of the Anfield away kit, the shopowner got me as a common Liverpool fan. He said that in the summer, Liverpool should be offloading the likes of Lucas, Downing, Allen and Henderson. I agree on the first three , I mean, Lucas is just another Charlie Adam sort of midfielder but I think Henderson has come along quite well. Allen would be difficult to let go because of the BR factor.

But next season would be the season to watch for Liverpool.

But for me the stand out person for this season........Wenger. With the  sort of criticisms  hurled at him at the start of the season and a makeshift squad and no real replacement for AVB, sitting at third on the table is amazing with Champion's League football assured. Cheers Wenger.....a real footballing genius with the character to boot.   

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2013, 09:10:49 PM »
He was fined by Liverpool 4 that love bite, he don't seems 2 learn.Just like ex Mc Balotteli.

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2013, 08:16:22 AM »
Congrats to Mu for winning the EPL title, no matter how much critics have belittled them they deserved to be champion again.   And the 13th time in 21 years.

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2013, 08:44:22 AM »
glory glory man utd

Offline swleong

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2013, 09:11:56 AM »
and the reds go marching ON ON ON!!!

RVP second goal is god sent!!!

Offline Empty Tree 8

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2013, 09:55:13 AM »
I am not a MU fan but CONGRATULATIONS on a fantastic season. SAF sure was galvanized by how he lost the title last season and made sure this time round with 4 matches remaining..... :Startled: Wonder whether Rooney will be offloaded in the summer....

Watch out for the Reds next season.... :Dancing_banana:

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2013, 08:04:11 PM »
I really admire what Sir Alex can do & has done with MU.  :Cheers:
While I'm not a full (red) blooded MU fan, I do think they are deserving champions - meaning they are the best over the period of the whole season.
Unlike Man City or Arsenal who raise their games on big occassions & then loose the next match against lesser (no disrespect) teams.  :Scolding:
But I'm wondering about Rooney - has the (so called) best english forward in the modern game decided he's better playing as a midfielder now?  :-\
On to something with a Malaysian flavour - congrats to Vincent Tan whose (red) Bluebirds shall be strutting their stuffs in the BPL next season.  :Dancing_banana:
Too bad we won't get to witness any "Battles of the Tan Sri's" as, barring a miracle, Tony F's QPR looks certain to be relegated.
Good try but I thought Tony F succumbed to the (wrong) idea of buying success in the BPL, forgetting that he's a mere multi-millionaire compared to the other "buyers" of success - Chelsea & Man City -who are multi-Billionaires  :Laughing_on_floor:
Take care, Ciao!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:26:38 AM by bryankwc »
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2013, 02:07:26 PM »
congratz Man Utd fans~

silly suarez earned himself 8 games ban.. pfftt...

ynwa? yeah im still am..  :Cheers:

hopefully next season winner will be decided until the last game...
last season was so much fun to watch..

"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2013, 09:06:15 PM »
I think he got ten.
congratz Man Utd fans~

silly suarez earned himself 8 games ban.. pfftt...

ynwa? yeah im still am..  :Cheers:

hopefully next season winner will be decided until the last game...
last season was so much fun to watch..

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2013, 09:37:52 AM »
yerp confirm got another 2ban..

what a shame.. after the incident he did said this
"If another team comes around with more prospects of competing in international club competition games, which is willing to have me, they are welcome."
It seems he wanna bite his way out of liverpool? hahaha  :Laughing_on_floor:

the race for a place in Champions League next season still on~

Villa pull themselves out of the relegation zone with a thrilling 6-1 victory~

the league still exciting to watch.. huhu

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »
Sir Alex Ferguson has called it a day. Thank you for the all the memories .

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2013, 07:44:43 AM »
Most likely to be replaced by David Moyes.. the 3rd longest serving manager in epl currently just after Wenger..

Sigh.. Now when Mourinho return to epl, he dont have anyone with a unique character to play mind game or battle with... :D

spurs pulled a 2-2 draw to give themselves a chance at the European spot..

there are also the fight out of the relegation spot battle not yet settle...
with wigan occupying it right now.. but wigan have a habit of staying in the premier league despite relegation battle every season.. ><"

all the best for all~ ^^
 :Cheers:

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2013, 08:47:20 PM »
Its coming to a close for this season. The last of the top 4 and the 3rd to be relegated will go down to the wire i guess.