Author Topic: Hi  (Read 11538 times)

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
Hi
« on: June 24, 2010, 10:52:07 AM »
Guys...

I am a newbie here. For sure.
I love watches, i own a few and dream to own more a lot...

I ocassionally write things...and i have blog on watches which simple a crap...nay, I am not good in it..

My watch collection , rather cheap and crap...Own one replica .and the rest of the wacthes is not something impressive from comapring to what you others own.....

But am enjoying what i been doing...maybe most of the time is "syok sendiri" but its ok...

Anyway a great blog nonetheless...and I am here looking for people who share same interest and care enough to teach me a thing or two on watches...like said I am a newbies

Check out my crappy blog if you feel like to.....hhahahahahah
http://zhenendeavor.blogspot.com/

Cheers
mnazri.tan@zhentan

Offline shijiko_7

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:11:31 AM »
Welcome bro.. i dun own anything more than 1k also... so.. it is ok.. :)
what do you own? if u dun mind me asking..
I am in the mist of getting Seiko Orange Monster... and that would be the most exp buy from me...

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 11:40:07 AM »
Welcome tan. Impressive blog you have.

Do participate in our poison house.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 12:57:33 PM »
Hi Zhentan,
Welcome to MWF. You're being too modest. Your blog is far from crappy, it's great. Bookmarked already.
Look forward to seeing more of you here on MWF.

:Cheers:

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 01:33:11 PM »
welcome ;)

Nice blog btw and bookmarked it already  :Cheers:

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 05:31:50 PM »
welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay here.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline takashi78

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 07:48:15 PM »
Welcome to our forum.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 07:30:04 AM »
Thank you Guys...

I own several watches. my best watches so far would be my two Invicta, ( Invicta Men Force Collection Gold Rose #5841 and the Invicta Corduba)
 I have one Guess (which was bought , at that time i love watches, but dont know much about it...i should have spend the same amount of cash on something else...but it is a great watch anyway, so I am ok with it) I have three other watches...I love automatic watches, I love watches with great function but also love a handsome looking watches...

On top, i recently ordered a homage watch...I know some of you may not agree with doing so..I know it is not real and wrong, buy hey, I really want to own one and that is all i can afford for now. Back to that, yes I ordered a watch from GETAT. I am sure some of you may have heard of it. And to make it less "fake" I choose the so called sterile dial...that sound cheesy right...sterile dial...well, in other word no branding on the dial...a Panerai look alike

However sad story, I lose lots of watches when I am much younger....Those day, I love my watches but I am damn stupid careless little being....
I have lost a G-Shock, a Seiko, a Guess, a designer brand watch which i forgot the brand name but was given to me by the interior designer of the boutique as a gift, and I also lost my most expensive watch....The Cerutti Udinease Uomo Rose Gold. This was robbed from me on my trip to Bulgaria. The other well, I am just careless.

My dream are wild, my appetite are high...

I have set that I must own a Panerai, the original , before i reach 30.Which i have 2 years to go. Other than that I am always in love with Graham, and one of the reason i join this forum is to look for Graham owner, never met one...

The blog i wrote is my passion, i choose watch that i have interest with, Some of it may be weird or odd looking  and not even famous. But hey, I am just sharing what i love....

I love this forum...Great place.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 07:56:03 AM »
Photos! Photos!! Photos!! Plsssssssss  ;D

Welcome once again :Cheers:

Offline adrian

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 08:27:52 AM »
On top, i recently ordered a homage watch...I know some of you may not agree with doing so..I know it is not real and wrong, buy hey, I really want to own one and that is all i can afford for now. Back to that, yes I ordered a watch from GETAT. I am sure some of you may have heard of it. And to make it less "fake" I choose the so called sterile dial...that sound cheesy right...sterile dial...well, in other word no branding on the dial...a Panerai look alike

U kinda sound embarrassed with ur homage.  ;)

I've got a problem with fake replicas but am ok with homage watches. Plenty of brands have paid homage to one watch or another. Heck, even fashion brand Levi's have U-boat style homage.

IMHO, Davidsen makes better PAM homage watches. But his price is at least 5 times that of Tat's. With Tat u need to tell him to take his time bcoz his orders are piling up and he tends to be a bit sloppy (sometimes). This could be bcoz his customers are getting impatient and is constantly chasing him for updates.  :P

Good luck in ur quest for a PAM.  :thumbsup:

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »
Welcome bro.... at last see you here.... Hehehe... ;D

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 01:55:12 PM »
Duniajam - yeap, I am here thanks to you bro.

Adrian - Not that I am ashamed with myself for owning one...Back in my kampung, no one would even know what is a real Panerai...so no, I am ok with it...but here...wallawey...look at those watches posted...hehehe...so malu with u guys a bit...but at least i dare enough to admit yes I own one homage (which has been one and half month since i ordered and yet to arrive...grrrr) Agree with you on Tat...i will post some picture once it arrived safely...
owh by the way, I am fake as i own one fake Panerai..that was 3 years ago...very low salary, very high desire...so i just bought it....and i still keep it till today.... :HammerHead:

Scott i will upload photo soon, but u can also check my blog and look out for Invicta...some of those are mine...pretty interesting watch to me....heheheh

Last but not least...to celebrate that I joined this forum and also to thank those who visit my blog, i put up a special banner to welcome all of you to my blog...

cheers

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 02:00:59 PM »

It's not wrong to own a homage watch. A homage watch is not a fake because it does not claim to be what it isn't. If you search around the forum you'll find that there are more than a few of us who own homage watches. IMHO a homage watch can be considered a reproduction of a historic model which is no longer in production. It pays tribute to the original masterpiece without the false branding of a fake.
Here's a pic of my 6152 homage, courtesy of our resident watch meister Chris Yen.

Do post pics of your watch from Getat.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 02:10:20 PM »
nice one bro...well, I am waiting for the parcel to arrive....:) happily will post the pciture.

For those who wish to have a look at my Invicta..this is the link...however i do own some other which doesn't have any posting....

http://zhenendeavor.blogspot.com/2010/04/invicta-5841-high-res-picture.html

http://zhenendeavor.blogspot.com/2010/04/verdict-case-no-820108.html

http://zhenendeavor.blogspot.com/2010/03/invicta-mens-corduba-oversized.html

http://zhenendeavor.blogspot.com/2010/04/guess-who.html

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 02:17:18 PM »
This my 3646 homage from Getat  ;)

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 02:33:07 PM »
This is homage to combination of watches right ? The dial look like the IWC pilot. My boss own one...of course he bought that at 40k ++

and the case is homage to radiomir ? correct ?

What ever it is, it look clean and simple, i love the strap though...UNfortunately, for me i didnt get the tat hand made strap...I purposely choose not as his one is 24/24 but since i need to match my case color and the buckle color, i opt for 24/22 which is not handmade...sigh....

I ordered the super Lum , and wondering whether that would make any diff or not...hehehhe....

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 02:38:16 PM »
This is Getat collection of "Custom Made 47mm Case California Style Sandwich Dial with Orange Numberals Watch"
No superlume option for this and yes, the strap is good.
Brief review here,
http://tamhk.com/mwf/index.php/topic,761.0.html

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 03:27:49 PM »
hi mate, welcome to MWF...

mine Destro homage here to say hi

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 07:42:58 PM »
am definitely do not realize that there are lots of homage fan in Malaysia. In fact i have never seen anyone with it...blame that to my society who has so lil interest on watches....hehhe

hehehe....

Offline Samajaya168

• ^_^
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 12:21:48 PM »
am definitely do not realize that there are lots of homage fan in Malaysia. In fact i have never seen anyone with it...blame that to my society who has so lil interest on watches....hehhe

hehehe....

dont blame anyone, best lets introduce 2 everyone  :thumbsup:
AP - 15710
ROLEX - 116710
FM - GPG 9900
PANERAI - PAM 00000
CHOPARD - 168457-3005
ZENITH - 03.2430.3000/21.C738
SINN - Art-Nr. 1020.040
TISSOT - T066.427.17.047.00
OMEGA - 1513.30.00 (TRADED)
IWC -  IW500703 (TRADED)

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 01:24:11 PM »
Guys...The homage has just arrived...
not just la...it arrived yesterday....

check review on my blog

some picture as promised....if you want more  check out my blog ya...

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »
i have a getat homage  just arived 3 days ago..... will post review soon... cheers :Cheers:
Jacky Wong

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 06:46:39 AM »
Guys...The homage has just arrived...
not just la...it arrived yesterday....

check review on my blog

Nice One  :thumbsup:. Love the gold hands, and great review on your blog.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 01:05:12 PM »
Thank you guys.

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 01:18:25 PM »
Aren't you going to China today.... still have time forum-ming. Haha...  :Laughing_on_floor: