Author Topic: Jaeger L C memovox  (Read 4818 times)

Offline h.chang

Jaeger L C memovox
« on: October 15, 2011, 10:47:30 AM »

Jaeger L C pocket watch, table & alarm  watch

Offline h.chang

Re: Jaeger L C memovox
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 03:25:17 PM »
This a memovox. stainless steel with half hunter cover , if flipped in front. If flipped backwards, it can stand by it self.
The small arrow at 9 oclock is the alarm setting, the 2 controls are at the top,setting and winding the alarm.

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 08:49:22 AM »
Bro Chang, you have the most vintage watches that I have not seen before  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Since when you start collecting all of these precious? Mind to share with us your collection journey? I am interested to know, perhaps will inspire some of us...
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 12:53:01 PM »
Bro h.chang,
You have some of the most unique time pieces in your collection and this is one of them.
Yes, please share with us your horological collection journey with the rest of MWF members on how you started to collect these exquisite pieces.
Thanks you for sharing.

Cheers.

Offline h.chang

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 03:37:32 PM »
I started colecting good watches when I inherited a 1951 Rolex 18 k ref 6092 in 1990 , complete with box ,receipt of purchase in Hong Kong , papers , chronometer test certificate for watch and even the little sticker with price tag as seen in jewelry shops, with hardened leather band and Rolex buckel. ( Will post it next). I gave this to my elder son and had to buy another 6092 to give to my younger son. Started looking at the watch shops in Melbourne and Sydney and got hooked.
Having made friends and gained the confidence of a dealer in Armadale, Melbourne , I bought 2 more 6092s and a host of other Rolexes , from 1920s to 1980s and other well known brands. Sold many pieces that are too big for me to wear , including 1803 , pricisions and surplus ones like  pillow shaped 1930  Rolexes and 2 Princes with 'observatory quality' movements. Kept those that I like until today  My daughter in law wanted a new mid sized Rolex 3 weeks ago and we went to the Pavilion watch exhibition , where I met up with Scott.C and Takashi , with a Rolex 6567 Gold 14 k in my pocket , to take to my watch technician to get a new leather band instead of the gold bracelet. As my son preferred the newer 6567 with leather , I now have my Rolex 6092 back with an Oyster gold bracelet to wear and a spare 50 grams worth of 18 k gold bracelet with a Rolex logo(non original, but beautifully made), bought from a jeweler many years ago.
One should have a budget and decide what are the brands that one appreciate most. The pre-owned watch world is a jungle , even experts can be fooled. The most important thing is get recommendations from good friends and not from adverts. Word of mouth is important. I have learnt recently how to post a picture on MWF and get to identify the year of manufacture of my Omega Constellation with help from MWF. I have many books on Rolex and Patek , but not on Omegas. One is never too old to learn. 

Offline siodee

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 03:56:34 PM »
Now that you mentioned you were in Pavillion for the Exhibition, I recalled greeting Sir over there together with Scott and other members. Sorry I called you Bro with no respect at all, please pardon me for my ignorant. I hope we can meet up again in the next GTG with the purpose, of course, those precious Vintage watches, sorry for my direct request.

BTW, you have a lovely family there... :thumbsup:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline h.chang

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 05:25:21 PM »
Hi siodee. How did you include the cartoon picture of ?smurf in your replies?. Would like to learn that.

Offline siodee

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 07:58:36 AM »
Hi siodee. How did you include the cartoon picture of ?smurf in your replies?. Would like to learn that.

Sir, here is how you add/change the Profile picture

Go to Profile (same row as the Home, Help, ....) ----> Modify Profile -----> Forum Profile
then you can see "Browse" button, select the image that you like as your avatar, Voila...DONE  :thumbsup:

Hope this will help  :Cheers:

Offline h.chang

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 10:43:40 AM »
Thanks siodee.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 12:11:29 PM »
Good one ;)

Thanks for sharing  :Cheers:

Offline siodee

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 07:37:09 AM »
Thanks siodee.

No problem Sir, perhaps you can add "Vroom...Vroom..." as Personal Text  ;D, of which it will show just right under the Avatar picture