Author Topic: The official 2011 Formula-1 season thread  (Read 50808 times)

Offline takashi78

The official 2011 Formula-1 season thread
« on: April 25, 2011, 07:23:32 AM »
Better late than never and WOOT 1st topic starter in this section of the forum.

Come come all F-1 fans in MWF unite and discuss on the current season.

I will say it again this year, GO GO Kobayashi overtaking king of the current field !
Great things to come from this fella i think in coming years. :Dancing_banana:

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
Re: The official 2011 Formula-1 season thread
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 07:37:21 AM »
I like the current season where it is no longer dominant by Ferrari, Mclaren. Something different, way to go Red Bull... :Cheers:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline takashi78

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 08:51:45 AM »
Dominated by RedBull now haha

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 12:24:10 PM »
I enjoy the season so far...but.....damn it...

i am one of those a few who do not have astro .... i dont watch tv that much...and i dont enjoy it for the numbers of advertisement....and most of the time i enjoy watching DVD, Blu Ray and downloaded movies....IN the same time, i dont get much of TV time too...most of the time my and my wife get back too late and too tired for tv...so decided not need to get astro lor....

but damn it...this year...no more F1 on either free TV...how pissed am i....i waited the whole day during Australian GP.....crap.....only a day after i realize there is no show ...nada......arghhh

what a sad sad sad sad sad facts for a big fan like me.....arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....i hate astro,,,now i need to get one

Offline takashi78

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 12:26:30 PM »
Hate Bernie for charging to much haha...
Only place i know that airs F1 is Souled Out in Sri Hartamas.
You can go there makan and watch F1, thats what one of my friend does.

Offline siodee

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 12:51:36 PM »
Or go to mamak and watch the F1, that is what I do most of the time, can't effort the Sport channel  :'(
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »
I thought Mamak just shows football?

Offline siodee

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 01:12:45 PM »
Mamak show F1 too, come to Kepong or Sri Hartamas area

Offline takashi78

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 01:24:31 PM »
Unless my Astro is down hehe...reason i got HD is coz of F1 this yr broadcast in HD...woohoo !

Offline takashi78

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 03:00:51 PM »
No idea man...this yr F1 is on HD for every country (Japan had it for yrs now). I have Astro Beyond.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 02:21:32 PM »
Guys ..need advice...out of topic but semi related...

Ok ...i give in...finally i subscribe to astro...the temptation of F1 is too high....but with all the packages, i got confused with what the tele marketer said, and decided damn it, let me subscribe to basic package now (RM 39), and will add in other channels later...(the tele marketer were force to read the whole agreement to me end up i get pissed hearing all that lengthy agreement being read to me....so in the end i dont know what i signing up for)

I will get the B.Yon decoder and dish, and since i have 42 inch LCD tv, i think it would be a waster not to subscribe to HD...so i add in HD for another 20.00 per month...And they will install it within a week from now....but...

i just realized, would i get to view the F1 show without the sports package ? would i be able to watch EPL games without the sports package ? DO i need to add in ? please advice (especially those who has already subscribe to astro) because 70% reason i subscribe to Astro would be the F1....and by the way, how is F1 in HD ? worth it?

Thanks

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
anyway - u guys heard about Team Lotus (Tony's Lotus) and the caterham bought over? what a twist... The lotus people fill up the drama before and after the season started....hahahah....

Offline siodee

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 02:52:05 PM »
Bro..definitely have to subscribe, Sport channel become individual package la....

Just saw the news, you are right about the drama....Tony definitely a business man  :thumbsup:, "if this does not work, not worry, always a solution..."  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 03:29:09 PM »
ahh damn it...so i need to pay more still...even after i have already subscribe......hate astro....arghh...what to do....otherwise couldn't watch F1 at comfort of my couch....double arghh....

btw despite me not supporting tony on f1...i think he bring a lot of colors in F1...and nowadays malaysian is a force to be reckon with in F1...we have 3 teams related to our country, we used to have one driver despite not very good result...we have one hot circuit...and literally hot in temp during racing day...we have G who is very keen with the sport...and we bring in lot of money + drama to the support (i am not here to discuss whether it is right or wrong to bring that much money to the sport...i am big fan , more money = much more interesting event , so i dont care who's money is that) so.....really once in while bernie should throw something special for malaysian fan....

but bummer, the public still couldnt watch the sport for free.....damn u astro....damn u ananda....(in way i heard he is the main financier for tony in his early day...betul ka?)

Offline takashi78

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 04:59:55 PM »
Team Lotus buys Caterham Cars
27 April 2011

Team Lotus Enterprise has announced that it has fully purchased British sportscar maker Caterham Cars. The buyout has been performed by Tony Fernandes, Kamarudin Meranun and SM Nasarudin – those behind the Team Lotus Formula 1 outfit – and means F1 technology will now feature on the road vehicles.

The transaction in question should not be confused with Group Lotus, which is the name behind Lotus Cars and title sponsor of the Renault Formula 1 team.

‘As custodians of Colin Chapman's two-seater Seven since 1973, Caterham has been responsible for the evolution of a car originally conceived as a 'fit for purpose' race-car for the road in 1957,’ reads a Team Lotus statement.

“Caterham has a unique place at the heart of the motoring world,” added Team Principal Fernandes. “As well as being proudly and staunchly British, it has an enviable and uniquely unblemished reputation within the industry for performance, handling and engineering excellence.

“Caterham Cars has remained wholly faithful to Colin Chapman's philosophy of 'less is more' and the DNA of the original Seven can still be traced to the newest additions to Caterham's product offering.”

Offline siodee

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 07:27:46 AM »
Most of the countries only have 1 team, Malaysia are the only Asian countries with 2 teams, way to go.. :thumbsup: And Japanese are pulling out from the F1... We are passing the Japan and other Asia countries in this game... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tony will soon join ananda and richard in UK to remotely control the business in other countries, way to go  :thumbsup:

As for the rest of us, work hard and contribute to their living in UK  :-X

Offline takashi78

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 07:59:14 AM »
Technically we have 3 teams.
Petronas
Lotus
The other Lotus LOL

Offline takashi78

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 03:32:06 PM »
Bahrain deadline extended to June
3 May 2011

Formula 1 governing body the FIA has allowed organisers of the Bahrain Grand Prix more time to reschedule their event. After the season-opening race was called off due to civil unrest in capital city Manama, any return to the 2011 calendar was supposed to have been organised by no later than 1 May.

With Sunday having passed with no official statement given, the FIA issued the following, brief communication on Monday:

‘The Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile has granted the Bahrain Motor Federation and the Bahrain International Circuit an extension until June 3rd, date of the FIA World Motor Sport Council (meeting) in Barcelona.

This decision was taken after consultation with the relevant Bahraini authorities and Formula One Management, the international promoter.’

- I for one just sat scrap it, that track is boring anyways.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »
i like to see it to happen...love 20 race ...with 19 race we will lose one show...hehehe....and 20 race could change the championship course...more battle , more drama...

but very unlikely to happen anyway....with osama death, i can only imagine more turmoil in middle east, if not the rest of the world....

ready for turkey???

Offline takashi78

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 02:33:22 PM »
Turn-8 baby !

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 06:11:34 AM »
No a F1 fans but kind a like the race held in Sepang last couple of weeks ago ;)

Think i will like to go again for the next one ;)

The final is real different compare to the qualifying round (of course!)... and somehow, i like the noise  :HammerHead: feel so LIVE!!

Offline takashi78

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 06:36:07 AM »
haha Scott that was your first time going?
Nothing beats seeing it live!
Better go again next year if you like or to SG later this year.
In 2013 the sport is bloody changing to 1.6 4-cylinder turbo engine liao.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 09:51:34 AM »
haha Scott that was your first time going?
Nothing beats seeing it live!
Better go again next year if you like or to SG later this year.
In 2013 the sport is bloody changing to 1.6 4-cylinder turbo engine liao.

Ya, first time ;) Would like the try the SG since it's street race ;D

honestly, i know nothing about car...so, i don't know what is that 4-cylinder turbo is all about really :D

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 10:27:42 AM »
knock knock ...who ' s that
mike coughlan in the house...he is back for real...

next i think we will see flavio coming back as well....hehhehe...those boys cant stay away from the sport for too long...addicted to it i guess...

But poor William...they has such a great reputation but the past 5 years it is like they worth for nothing....hope they make a come back someday....or maybe tony should bought them over ....hahahha

so turkey coming in fast...we will have the turn 8 drama for sure...cant wait....but too bad, my Astro HD not arriving on time....astro suck....7 days past by and not even a phone call to me .....crap....

Offline takashi78

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 11:24:43 AM »
Williams record is only 2nd to Ferrari.
Really ashamed and baffled as to what happen to this once top team.
Rubens should really be out and give other young drivers a chance.