Author Topic: Rolex Prices Tanking  (Read 61052 times)

Offline dpkong

Re: Rolex Prices Tanking
« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2022, 10:47:47 PM »
Now the Rolex prices are really tumbling down. Brand new Panda was as high as RM250k but now it’s about 150-160k. The same applies to Hulk, Pepsi, etc. will it go lower?

unlikely will ever go to below retail but still can dream and wish for it...

those who bought at the peak time better really enjoy wearing them because I don't think prices will ever reach that level again anytime soon... except of course if the MYR exchange rate goes completely south..

Offline Poppyplants

« Reply #376 on: September 03, 2022, 11:31:43 PM »
Seeing the number of people trying to sell on Mudah with continuous slashed prices puts a wide smile on my face because it means all their stocks are no longer moving. it is inevitable, not a crash yet, but it is going back to pre-insane levels.

Offline jf98

« Reply #377 on: September 03, 2022, 11:42:37 PM »
Seeing the number of people trying to sell on Mudah with continuous slashed prices puts a wide smile on my face because it means all their stocks are no longer moving. it is inevitable, not a crash yet, but it is going back to pre-insane levels.

I concur! Although I don't think I would feel the same if I had bought 6 months ago....  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline justinbaka

« Reply #378 on: September 09, 2022, 07:22:18 PM »
I always wonder who on earth buys a grey market Daytona at RM250k... Even at "crashed level" RM160k seems pretty insane. However, I don't think the price will ever go below retail for most if not all Rolexes.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #379 on: September 09, 2022, 08:28:50 PM »
I always wonder who on earth buys a grey market Daytona at RM250k... Even at "crashed level" RM160k seems pretty insane. However, I don't think the price will ever go below retail for most if not all Rolexes.

illegal crypto mining, scammers, stock traders and anyone with surplus cash from dubious business activities...

when it comes easily, it is easily spent..

I remember the days it was RM5k premium for a 116520 and I scoffed at it because I could buy a used, mint 116523 at 35% off retail price...

Offline jf98

« Reply #380 on: September 09, 2022, 10:49:55 PM »

illegal crypto mining, scammers, stock traders and anyone with surplus cash from dubious business activities...

I remember the days it was RM5k premium for a 116520 and I scoffed at it because I could buy a used, mint 116523 at 35% off retail price...

Hope you at least bought the 116523...  ;D

Offline gunsnroses

« Reply #381 on: September 10, 2022, 10:10:36 AM »
I haven't gone watch shopping for awhile, so decided to pop into Times Square. To my amazement, there are so many new stores there, guess what brand is mostly on their display- Rolex! All brand new pieces, Starbucks, Hulk, Kermit, Pepsi, Coke, Batman, whatever your heart fancies and they have it all. However, you pay through your nose for it.

It is amazing how many new stores have popped up over the last 3 years. I remember going to Times Square back in the day and you could find a sortie of different brands on display and the sifu would be able to tell you in detail about each watch that was there. How this is so different now. I walked into a store, a pretty young thing with low cut eye candy greets me and when I asked her if she had a Reverso for sale, she didn't know what it was.

I can only conclude that these shops are just there capitalising on their "relationships" with AD and whatever backdoor arrangement they have right now to get their pieces out and sell at 2-3x retail value. The worst part are the people buying them. I see pieces move so fast, I observed a couple walk in, inquired about a Batman and 2 hours later, I came back and the Batman was sold. These guys must be making a hell of a profit. Easily can turn maybe half a mil a day if you sold 10 watches.

I truly hope that this hobby returns to what it was before, a hobby. Not some investment scam that only benefits people with "relationships". Sadly, this is also the case with the country and now it has seeped into our beloved watch collecting hobby.

To close, I really urge everyone, please do not support these gray dealers. There are better watches out there. Buy for your own enjoyment, not "resale" value or "investment" purposes.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #382 on: September 11, 2022, 07:47:53 PM »

I haven't gone watch shopping for awhile, so decided to pop into Times Square. To my amazement, there are so many new stores there, guess what brand is mostly on their display- Rolex! All brand new pieces, Starbucks, Hulk, Kermit, Pepsi, Coke, Batman, whatever your heart fancies and they have it all. However, you pay through your nose for it.

It is amazing how many new stores have popped up over the last 3 years. I remember going to Times Square back in the day and you could find a sortie of different brands on display and the sifu would be able to tell you in detail about each watch that was there. How this is so different now. I walked into a store, a pretty young thing with low cut eye candy greets me and when I asked her if she had a Reverso for sale, she didn't know what it was.

To close, I really urge everyone, please do not support these gray dealers. There are better watches out there. Buy for your own enjoyment, not "resale" value or "investment" purposes.

Amazing that they even give you the time of day.. I walked past a few shops there before and the people in there looked even more exclusive than the Rolex Boutique... as is from where I am, the stores are also equally as snobbish...

And these SYTs also have regular FB live sales flashing their wares.. watches and their wobbly bits as well..

It is hard to convince people not to pay premium prices for certain models.. these sellers and their cohorts always push the investment angle and how much prices have risen etc etc.. and many buyers just swallow up the hype.. especially since they find Rolex ADs so unfriendly.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #383 on: September 11, 2022, 07:54:20 PM »

Hope you at least bought the 116523...  ;D

cheaper than a 116520 at that time...

Offline justinbaka

« Reply #384 on: September 13, 2022, 01:36:10 PM »
What a steal!

Offline cypher_yan

« Reply #385 on: September 14, 2022, 12:31:13 AM »

I can only conclude that these shops are just there capitalising on their "relationships" with AD and whatever backdoor arrangement they have right now to get their pieces out and sell at 2-3x retail value. The worst part are the people buying them. I see pieces move so fast, I observed a couple walk in, inquired about a Batman and 2 hours later, I came back and the Batman was sold. These guys must be making a hell of a profit. Easily can turn maybe half a mil a day if you sold 10 watches.

I truly hope that this hobby returns to what it was before, a hobby. Not some investment scam that only benefits people with "relationships". Sadly, this is also the case with the country and now it has seeped into our beloved watch collecting hobby.

unfortunately that's the reality happening I  most of the ADs nowadays. I hate it whenever ppl told me about buying a rolex as investment assets. We watch lovers shouldn't be the victims of these new group of hype buyers.