Author Topic: how old were you when you....  (Read 15357 times)

Offline rusminag

Re: how old were you when you....
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 06:37:39 PM »
i am still too poor........ and will always be too poor to afford anything significant

Bro TT, thought you have some Pammie and Rollie lying around...
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline dpkong

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »

i always feel like i'm 18 so how do i post??

:Dancing_banana:  :Dancing_banana:  :Dancing_banana:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 08:00:36 PM »
i am still too poor........ and will always be too poor to afford anything significant

Bro TT, thought you have some Pammie and Rollie lying around...

still kucing kurap ikan bilis...... me, myself paying for it is pointless.... would be something to talk about if i can get it free.  :laugh:

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline SubFoo

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 08:07:51 PM »
33yrs 16610... Now saving money to get another one but it seems to be taking such a long time..... The longer it takes the more expensive watches get.... Sigh....

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
Because of how the question was ask. Look at the replies. Not many of us reply with what memory it bring up. Just some simple figure of age and watch model.

Anyway if is your intention to ask the member here to share about the fond memories of our 1st significant watch.

Here's mine,

My 1st significant watch was a JLC Reverso. I hesitated for a long time. I know I want one but not sure I'm willing to pay that kind of money. Some more when I gone to the shop my wife pick another more expansive model to boot! >:(

Think three think four then finally I went ahead  with the more expansive model. Even though it's not my initial choice but it turns out as the right one. Many years later I still cherish this watch.

Sometimes we don't always get what we want and that's a good thing ... ... at least for me ;)

Regards
Tyler

Kinda sensitive don't you think?

24 ... ... months of saving until I can get it.

I forgot how old I was but I sure wasn't 24 years old.  :D

Regards
Tyler

i'm not sure where u coming fr in terms of sensitivity.

i just tot dat it will bring back som good memories for the guys when they made their 1st purchase of high-end watches. dats all... :)

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
22...DSSD..that was the age i graduated and the DSSD was launched not too long. So what the heck? What better way to celebrate graduation than with a Rolex. So 22 years of savings go down the drain in one swoop. Since I dont drink, smoke, party, club...hentam all on one watch. Am very happy with the purchase and that spurred my watch-madness.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline zen

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 11:58:49 PM »
never have.
diff priorities, as in the last yr i've spent more than rm25k on photography equipment.

Same as me, different priorities. I have spend more than few hundred thousands on photography equipment all this years and never owned even a 3k watch.  :Laughing_on_floor:
Don't get me wrong, I do love watches. Every time I wanted to dive into it, I have to choose between two. :Scolding:
Btw, I'm 46  :Dancing_banana:

Offline myric

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 08:09:09 AM »
38, mature enough  :D

Offline Everdying

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 09:25:51 AM »
never have.
diff priorities, as in the last yr i've spent more than rm25k on photography equipment.

Same as me, different priorities. I have spend more than few hundred thousands on photography equipment all this years and never owned even a 3k watch.  :Laughing_on_floor:
Don't get me wrong, I do love watches. Every time I wanted to dive into it, I have to choose between two. :Scolding:
Btw, I'm 46  :Dancing_banana:

yea, same here.
and it doesnt help that this yr all the new bodies are coming out :P

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 11:30:08 AM »
35 with TT 16613  :Cheers:
watchManU

Offline TheGr8One

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 11:46:52 AM »
36, IWC Pilot Mark XVI
Same year, a basic Rolex Oyster Perpetual for my partner. Sad to say she knocked on it with a deep scratch on the bracelet in the same year.
Well... it adds character I guess.

Aiming for a PAM104 or EXPII this year, still indecisive.

Offline hotshothunk

• Freshie
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 12:15:38 PM »
oris bc 4 when i was 22- rm 8600
iwc pilots chronograph 42mm when i was 23
very soon - rolex explorer 2 or iwc pilots chrono 2012.

Offline Friday

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 09:48:14 PM »
34, my 1st PAM 111

Then can't stop thinking about whats next  :Confused:
"Personally, I only know the Rolex quotes that you get from the net. And they're expensive!" - S.D

Offline watchlow

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 01:23:31 PM »
28 ,mk40. triple date

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 01:46:57 PM »
think I was 22 my father inlaw gave me a speedmaster and I bought a Seamaster a couple of months later.. then another and another.. I earn oki but I just buy anything i want, my wife wants or my kids wants so i end up always being poor
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline ivanpei

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 02:37:01 PM »
Wa congrats on those who can get their >10k watches early in their lives! Mine is a SMP Bond Blue Chronograph for my wedding lar from my father so doesn't really count. I still feel like even though its a very nice watch, it's something my dad bought so not really something "I achieved myself". But since my dad has always been kiam chai (salted vegetables...) with me during my younger days (story later), it reminds me that he does have affection for me after all lar.

Just quick question to those who got their Rollies during their twenties, did you guys save up and just all-in on a watch? What were your financial commitments, family commitments. For those who can really have house + nice car + 10k watch in their twenties, I really respect ler. I have a pretty nice paying job now (compared to other freshies lar) and even then quite hard to survive d since I am paying Mortgage on a house.

I love watches because if you buy a big name watch now, in 20 years time it will still be worth something and cherished if properly maintained. But I think it's pretty weird if I save up, all in on a watch and I am still driving a Proton/renting a place. So my question to the successful sifus is: what's ur priority and how you rank where your money goes?

For me:
1. Family (Ie house mortgage-this one still best investment lar, makan with wife, chia the in-laws and my parents etc).
2. Hobbies (Drinking sometimes if got kaki, play some other geeky games)
3. Watches
4. Cars (I'm not really into cars like, I don't like depreciating assets)

I really really like watches lar, I'm twenty-ish, worked for about 3 years d and have a condo+proton. My condo is pretty ok lar, but I will feel pai sei if I splash 30k for a new DSSD/2nd hand Daytona but still drive Proton  :-[

If I get a fancy car, really limit my disposable income ler, but if I don't get it, wearing a fancy watch + drive proton is quite out of place. Thats why for me, my Omega SMP Chrono is the best choice right now because I can comfortably wear it without being too flashy. Also, my dad is also the kiam type, always pushing me to buy a 2nd house -_- Ai yo, I wonder when only I can enjoy my money. Considering I entered uni @ 17 and started working for a Fortune 500 company @ 20, I think by now can enjoy d  :Mad: but still can't. Haiizzz.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:44:57 PM by ivanpei »

Offline SonnyCooL

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2012, 01:12:10 AM »
20 ...... rolex 6694 but it way below 10k :)
24. . . . . date just aud 7k
24 ........ pp aquanaut

then nothing till now 39 :)
this year will be aim for pam but still not decide which model ...

Offline JPSP

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2012, 12:22:30 PM »
30. Omega speedmaster (Michael Schumucher edition)

Offline dpkong

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2012, 12:32:48 PM »
Nothing wrong driving a Proton or Kancil while wearing a Daytona.. cars in Malaysia are overpriced and will be scrap in 10 years....

Offline kamalys

• Freshie
  • What you do today echoes in eternity
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »
I am 35 and still no watch over RM10k:( poor me...
What you do today echoes in eternity

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2012, 05:53:18 PM »
28++ my 1st PAM Submersible..so in love with it!

Offline ivanpei

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2012, 06:47:51 AM »
Nothing wrong driving a Proton or Kancil while wearing a Daytona.. cars in Malaysia are overpriced and will be scrap in 10 years....

Haha true true, since I take the train to work everyday anyway. Let my wife kau tim the car and I buy the watches.  :Cheers: