Author Topic: Seiko quartz - battery replacement  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Zarium

• Freshie
Seiko quartz - battery replacement
« on: February 16, 2013, 09:34:20 PM »
Can anyone provide recommendations on where I can get a battery replaced for a Seiko watch? Seiko quartz-powered chronographs, in particular. Nothing too noteworthy (I think), one's a Sportura F1 Honda Racing Team, the other is a generic 7T32-6M00. Both belong to my dad. He used to wear them both quite a bit before the batteries died.

Ideally, I don't want to pay too much but I don't want a sub-par job done either. My dad had tried getting the aforementioned latter watch's battery changed and the person managed to somehow screw it up, to his chagrin.

This forum for some reason seems to frown on names of shops or URLs stated in public, so please PM me if you have to.

Thanks in advance.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Seiko quartz - battery replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 04:54:10 AM »
Thong sia

Offline sshark

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 04:19:57 PM »
If it is an ordinary battery, u can get it at any watch shop for the same battery model.

Offline spacewalker

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 05:00:17 PM »
Be hurry to replace that battery,  the battery might be leak an acid if you left it too long after it out of power. Just visit any watch shop.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 09:03:48 AM »
Be hurry to replace that battery,  the battery might be leak an acid if you left it too long after it out of power. Just visit any watch shop.

Yes, sometimes the watch battery still has power but it can  start leaking.  I  don't like battery powered watch because of this.