Author Topic: what watch should i get?  (Read 9279 times)

Offline Vykraine

• Freshie
Re: what watch should i get?
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 10:59:00 AM »
Longines legend diver or Tudor black bay 36mm

Tudor for 7k?.. thats not really possible. I've heard the Retail price is going around 13k?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Vykraine

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 11:24:30 AM »

Is it possible to get tudor for 7k? I heard it quite expensive for blackbay

Offline Caseywai

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2017, 05:46:50 PM »

You can get a black Bay brand new for about 12k. So it's double Budget almost. If it's a diver you want, Oris Aquis and Oris Diver 65 are good considerations. You will have extra money as well to buy another watch. ;)

But honestly I think the new Tag Aquaracer is awesome indeed. It's quite value for its unique looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vykraine

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 08:46:06 AM »

You can get a black Bay brand new for about 12k. So it's double Budget almost. If it's a diver you want, Oris Aquis and Oris Diver 65 are good considerations. You will have extra money as well to buy another watch. ;)

But honestly I think the new Tag Aquaracer is awesome indeed. It's quite value for its unique looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the recommendation. Blackbay indeed is a nice watch. but sadly there is no date. haha.. so far the only interesting brand i saw is tag, oris and ball

Offline kamilnu

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2017, 01:31:54 PM »
1. Longines, Tags and Frederic Constant are shitter watches
2. Panerai too many good fakes around and their AD refuse to authenticate

Everything else are ok

Offline ghloo25

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2017, 05:17:45 PM »
Longine Legend Diver caught my eyes. But eventually I settled with the Ball Engineer Master ii diver as it look more balance on my small wrist compare to the Longine.

Offline nefc

• Freshie
what watch should i get?
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 12:39:37 PM »
If you can wait, save up from something more substantial, that can hold its value over time, like a Rolex or a popular Omega model like the Speedmaster.

Otherwise, just get whatever that looks good to you.

Hmm..i would love to have a rolex but the price is still far beyond my budget..even looking at preowned

Hi Terrence, looking through ur posts reminds me of my position in your shoe a month back. The dilemma lasted me some time or so for choosing the available options out there..

I was stucked between the Oris Aquis Date(5k+), Tag AR Cal5(7k+), the Ball EHC(9k+), Bell Ross Steel (9k+)

I was in the same situation as u at that moment with same budget at 7k, Rolex as my favorite watch brand because my dad and bro already owned 1 that really make myself wanted 1 as well.

Anyways, will work my way to Rolex in few years time but for the time being I just want a watch that will look nice on me. As I had been thinking too much which to get I simply just put 1 factor to priority - the watch I love seeing on my wrist and being distinct from what people are wearing out there. 

At that point no doubt I told myself BR is the only watch that gave me the impulse to purchase right away and I love it most out of the 4 options that put me in dilemma. Although the downside of the BR of being not rich in history, lowest water resistance of all the options, no bezel, etc etc...

So, just choose a watch that you think it will make u looks good.. or at least u love seeing and wearing it everyday :)

Just my 2 cents
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 12:42:00 PM by nefc »

Offline jmur3

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2017, 01:24:47 PM »
yup, agree with nefc, buy what you like seeing on your wrist everyday. :Cheers:

Offline yume

• Freshie
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2017, 10:12:16 AM »
will u consider about brand Oris?