Author Topic: Rolex Submarine Ceramic None Date Compare Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch !  (Read 9217 times)

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator

Can anyone weigh in on the moonwatch vs the first omega in space? My problem with moonwalk is 42mm is kinda big for my wrist. The FOIS is 39mm just right. Any comments on the FOIS? How much Mrsp is the FOIS with the leather strap? If change to steel bracelet pay how much?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
FOIS only comes with leather strap.
Click to reveal the price on omega website RM18,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline davidtth

i have both watch, depend you wear it for what occasion, having a sub is good that u dun have to worry about rain or swim, but speedy could not take much water

both are quite different watch i would say, the feeling are different too, and both are iconic design from its own brand

i would say go for Rolex first, and get the omega in future. reason is Rolex price will keep on increase year by year, speedy can be found pre-own easily in market

which is my pick? i love both of them equally :)

Offline Sky 007

Finally I found my dream watch: Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Skyfall limited edition.  :Cheers:

Offline saprozeldo

Off late i've been pairing my moonwatch with cheap natos.. rm40/pc.. find it fits better that the black one that came with the moonwatch.. so i bought a lot of colors.. & now i reach out for my moonwatch more than the rolex.. i think coz of the colour variety.. didnt wanna open the rolex bracelet.. so may not be an apple to aple comparison..

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Offline Wee

The hearts wants what the heart wants... Go to a shop with both watches available and u can tell which one u favor more. My vote goes to the Sub first, and yea i agree that u should get the sub with date... I have the poor man's moonwatch; speedy reduced Instead of the moonwatch... It does brings out a lot of character... Once again it depends on what your heart wants...
Good luck!!!!

Offline ericys

• Freshie
Sorry guys a bit off topic. @saprozeldo, can you PM me the contact for cheap natos :Cheers:

Offline saprozeldo

Sorry guys a bit off topic. @saprozeldo, can you PM me the contact for cheap natos :Cheers:
just went to amcorp mall bro.. a few shops has it.. i got mine @ tax seng..

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Offline kopykopy

The hearts wants what the heart wants... Go to a shop with both watches available and u can tell which one u favor more. My vote goes to the Sub first, and yea i agree that u should get the sub with date... I have the poor man's moonwatch; speedy reduced Instead of the moonwatch... It does brings out a lot of character... Once again it depends on what your heart wants...
Good luck!!!!
IMHO,  the speedy reduced and first omega in space looks nicer than the moonwatch. Moonwatch only beats the others in its history and thus is iconic. 

Offline Wee

Good luck!!!!
IMHO,  the speedy reduced and first omega in space looks nicer than the moonwatch. Moonwatch only beats the others in its history and thus is iconic. 

Ohh thanks, finally someone to appreciate the speedy reduced..... TS could get the sub first.. Then get the speedy reduced to see how it looks on your wrist.. Since the speedy reduced is priced relatively cheaper than the moonwatch.. The moonwatch is 44mm and it might be too big for some.. But again it's my own opinion, to each of it's own..

Offline prime318

Rolex Submarine Ceramic None Date Compare Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch !
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2016, 10:27:08 PM »
Personally I think the only similarity between the sub-c and speedy moon is that they are both quintessential pieces. Other than that they are worlds apart.
Quality and build, the sub is just more robust and better made. Heritage and history, it's hard to beat the speedy. On the wrist aesthetics, the sub is the sportier, bolder, louder and more modern piece whilst the speedy is rather vintage and subdued. One's made for space travel and timing spaceship trajectory while the other is for illuminating the 300m abyss of the seas.
Fit and comfort, can't beat the sub. Packaging is cooler for the speedy with a nice big box and extras, unless you like green.
Sub wears larger and the moon wears smaller.
Extra notes on the speedy:
The case of the moon watch is asymmetrical from lug to lug due to the crown guard design. This bugs me a little.
Oh and you don't worry about over winding it as it stops itself when fully wound. Just don't use brute force I guess.
Both are amazing watches that i admire tonnes but I neither have them nor plan to buy them as I think there are others that skips me a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:30:54 PM by prime318 »

Offline alexkemaris

Personally I think the only similarity between the sub-c and speedy moon is that they are both quintessential pieces. Other than that they are worlds apart.
Quality and build, the sub is just more robust and better made. Heritage and history, it's hard to beat the speedy. On the wrist aesthetics, the sub is the sportier, bolder, louder and more modern piece whilst the speedy is rather vintage and subdued. One's made for space travel and timing spaceship trajectory while the other is for illuminating the 300m abyss of the seas.
Fit and comfort, can't beat the sub. Packaging is cooler for the speedy with a nice big box and extras, unless you like green.
Sub wears larger and the moon wears smaller.
Extra notes on the speedy:
The case of the moon watch is asymmetrical from lug to lug due to the crown guard design. This bugs me a little.
Oh and you don't worry about over winding it as it stops itself when fully wound. Just don't use brute force I guess.
Both are amazing watches that i admire tonnes but I neither have them nor plan to buy them as I think there are others that skips me a heartbeat.

Don't be so modest my friend.

Prime318 here has a Speedy Snoopy! Amazing piece with superb heritage.

His Snoopy on the left.

Offline saprozeldo

cute dog on d background..

btw, moonwatch is 44mm?? thot its either 41 or 42mm?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Offline lancet

• Freshie
the sub gets my vote!

Offline prime318

Moonwatch is 42mm. 44mm is the new ceramic co-axial speedmasters

Offline Wee

Oh ya, sorry the moonwatch is 42mm.. Not 44mm...