Author Topic: What watch to buy for RM12 - 15k  (Read 11622 times)

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
Re: What watch to buy for RM12 - 15k
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 08:49:06 AM »
I really like the understated status but premium feel of a Grand Seiko. It's there on your wrist, and most would thought that it was just a normal Seiko; but the connoisseurs would give you a polite nod in relations to your exquisite taste. Happy hunting, mate!
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline mike

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 09:20:23 AM »
I really like the understated status but premium feel of a Grand Seiko. It's there on your wrist, and most would thought that it was just a normal Seiko; but the connoisseurs would give you a polite nod in relations to your exquisite taste. Happy hunting, mate!
Exact reason why I love the GS :Cheers:

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 09:25:07 AM »
Well, you have a decent budget there, just go around, try different brand, get some feeling, once you narrow down to 1-2 brand/ model, then you can decide yr own or post here, we help you to decide, but a lot of times, getting more confuse  :Confused:...In any case, Happy hunting, no rush
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline munyew90

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2014, 09:45:11 AM »
Omega Speedmaster, Tudor Blackbay

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2014, 11:23:10 AM »

Well said my good man.  :thumbsup:

GS is a work of art to be appreciated.
Seiko fan.....

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2014, 01:48:21 PM »
There is but ONE speedmaster...the speedmaster professional moonwatch

I love mine and I will never ever sell it. It will be here till I go into my grave

DC

Omega Speedmaster, Tudor Blackbay

Offline jason_recliner

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 02:31:05 PM »
There is but ONE speedmaster...the speedmaster professional moonwatch

Agreed.

:Cheers:

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 06:22:32 PM »
Hi All, need advice, what should i buy for RM12 - 15k, im looking for new auto/mechanical with date, power reserve min 3 days, gmt is a bonus.
thanks in advance

based on your listed criteria above, a preowned Rolex GMT/Explorer 2 with good service history seemed to fit the bill...

but then, i am very biased about this... ;D ;D
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline harkensng

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 02:04:59 AM »
Hi All, need advice, what should i buy for RM12 - 15k, im looking for new auto/mechanical with date, power reserve min 3 days, gmt is a bonus.
thanks in advance

based on your listed criteria above, a preowned Rolex GMT/Explorer 2 with good service history seemed to fit the bill...

pls read bro skarl's requirements carefuly. New and pr minimum 3 days. Rolex does not hv 3 days pr. And u suggested used watches.. :Confused:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:07:34 AM by harkensng »

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 07:07:17 AM »
thanks in advance

pls read bro skarl's requirements carefuly. New and pr minimum 3 days. Rolex does not hv 3 days pr. And u suggested used watches.. :Confused:

Merely  giving him more options.  Sometimes, members may initially want a new piece but ended up buying a preowned with the same budget.  Have seen that happening here quite a few times. 

And as you can see from the earlier replies here, there were suggestions that doesn't really fit the all the descriptions 100%.  A few nice models were suggested here, but then, is the thread starter willing to fork out the extra cash and go above his price range?

So while one can list down his/her preferences for the next watch, others should be welcome to suggest something different and throw him a curveball  ;D.  That's the fun of hunting for a watch and starting a thread to ask for opinions.  You'll never know what's coming.  As long as its within the limit of politeness and respect to any watch brand and also to the thread starter.  I am not advocating for example, if someone ask which model of brand X to buy with a RMxxx-xxx budget and then we reply `why you so stupid? Brand X is useless and lousy, go brand Y instead'. 

To me, its a matter of how wide the thread starter would like to scout around for this purchase, and how flexible he is willing to be.   

cheers!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:15:09 AM by pexus »

Offline watzisname

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 08:15:13 AM »
Usually will end up with an Omega PO or Tagheuer Carrera  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 08:28:56 AM »
thanks in advance

Hmmmm... If we were to give opinions based 100% on what the TS requires... I think the proper answer will be:

There is a Tissot Powermatic 80 which is an automatic (check), time and date (check) watch with 80 hours power reserve (check) and wait a minute... damn it...  it costs 4-5k... Can't have em all I guess....  ;D
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2014, 08:36:29 AM »
Usually will end up with an Omega PO or Tagheuer Carrera  :Laughing_on_floor:

No shame in that- both are GREAT timepieces with plenty of followings  :Cheers:
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline harkensng

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2014, 11:47:29 AM »
thanks in advance

Merely  giving him more options.  Sometimes, members may initially want a new piece but ended up buying a preowned with the same budget.  Have seen that happening here quite a few times. 

And as you can see from the earlier replies here, there were suggestions that doesn't really fit the all the descriptions 100%.  A few nice models were suggested here, but then, is the thread starter willing to fork out the extra cash and go above his price range?

So while one can list down his/her preferences for the next watch, others should be welcome to suggest something different and throw him a curveball  ;D.  That's the fun of hunting for a watch and starting a thread to ask for opinions.  You'll never know what's coming.  As long as its within the limit of politeness and respect to any watch brand and also to the thread starter.  I am not advocating for example, if someone ask which model of brand X to buy with a RMxxx-xxx budget and then we reply `why you so stupid? Brand X is useless and lousy, go brand Y instead'. 

To me, its a matter of how wide the thread starter would like to scout around for this purchase, and how flexible he is willing to be.   

cheers!

then youshould not say "based on your listef criteria above". Totally misleading laaa...

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2014, 04:02:32 PM »
thanks in advance

cheers!

then youshould not say "based on your listef criteria above". Totally misleading laaa...

price- check
gmt hand- check
date- check
auto -check
new--failed
pr -failed
yeah...i guess i have totally misled him... ;D

Offline dpkong

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2014, 06:05:41 PM »
thanks in advance

cheers!

price- check
gmt hand- check
date- check
auto -check
new--failed
pr -failed

Shame on you for misleading information. You should now refrain from logging into the forum for 6 months (which will also help in resisting purchase of new watches) at least.

;D

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2014, 07:53:26 AM »
thanks in advance

cheers!

price- check
gmt hand- check
date- check
auto -check
new--failed
pr -failed

Shame on you for misleading information. You should now refrain from logging into the forum for 6 months (which will also help in resisting purchase of new watches) at least.

;D

Have mercy....Is it possible for me to `retract' my statement? Seems like the norm in our country today... ;D

anyway, better bring this thread back on track since I am allegedly responsible for this fiasco... ;D

I am not a keen observer of PR , except those expensive 7, 8 days pieces.  What's the usual PR of a GS within this price range?