Author Topic: Eulit - Palma Perlon Strap  (Read 7529 times)

Offline KLSharp

Eulit - Palma Perlon Strap
« on: November 03, 2016, 02:13:46 PM »
Hello All;

Firstly, do let me briefly introduce myself to the group ... I'm a 33y.o Australian currently residing in KL, gradually growing accustomed to the ubiquitous tropical fug that permeates mostly everywhere.

That's not to say I don't enjoy it, however 30 years living in Melbourne is a lot of cold weather programming to upgrade.

At first I found myself more concerned with selecting the most comfortable and appropriate fabrics for my work and casual attire, concluding a thin film of sweat was decidedly unprofessional.

Having sourced a suitable wardrobe, my attention has gradually turned to the smaller accessories in my day to day life, and I am constantly searching for lighter, more streamlined options that are better suited to the relatively high level of humidity.

I discovered some budget priced perlon style woven straps a while back, which IMHO are by far the most comfortable option for a watch strap in the tropics, but couldn't get over the extremely cheap quality and overall construction of the straps in general. They looked and felt as though they might snap any moment, considering the non-stitched construction and extremely flimsy buckles, made from what I can only assume were leftover tin can lids.

This brings me to the topic at hand, my newly acquired Eulit Palma Perlon strap - essentially the exact strap I was looking for, without any of the negative aspects I had come to expect from cheaper alternatives. Eulit produce three variants of a perlon strap as far as I can tell, the Kristall, the Panama and the Palma. I will focus on the Palma here, as I have no experience with the other variants.

The quality of materials and thoughtful construction are evident on examining the strap. The nylon material is thicker and stronger than typical perlon straps I have previously encountered, and the double strand weave stands out to me as somewhat unique and attractive. To me, this is a perfect strap to dress up a diver's watch enough that it can be worn in a corporate setting, whilst retaining its functionality.

The buckle is not adjustable, however for my wrist the strap is a perfect length. The quality of the buckle is lovely, with a fine polished finish, and laser engraved yet subtle Eulit logo; the buckle is still presumably stamped, however the stock used is remarkably thicker than the budget options I have encountered previously.
The strap is sewn at two points, the first stitch anchoring the spring-bar of the buckle, and the second stitch fastening the bitter end of the strap. The stitching is neat and floats within the width of the strap, so as to reduce the chance of breaking the stitch at the exposed edges of the strap.

I am testing this strap with a MM300, and it carries the weight very well. The thicker weave fills the gaps at the lugs nicely, and despite the fairly hefty weight of the Seiko, it does not move around very much, if at all. I have tried a budget priced perlon with this watch before, and it felt to me about as secure as strapping it on with a couple of band-aids. I have no such concern with the Eulit version however, it looks and feels solid and dependable.

I have ordered another 2 Palma straps on the basis of these first impressions, and look forward to having one to suit any lug width (watches in my collection range 18mm to 22m)

Offline stone_gossard

Re: Eulit - Palma Perlon Strap
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 06:25:26 PM »
hello,

yesterday i just ordered 3 straps from them. but havent received any hipping confirmation yet. how's your experience with watchgecko in term of delivery? im paying the fedex to ship which they claimed 1-3 days international.

btw, i ordered palma perlon, zuludriver satin & zuludriver rubber straps. sorry to hijack. im sure th straps from watchgecko are value for money and looks nice.

Offline KLSharp

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 01:58:46 PM »
hello,

yesterday i just ordered 3 straps from them. but havent received any hipping confirmation yet. how's your experience with watchgecko in term of delivery? im paying the fedex to ship which they claimed 1-3 days international.

btw, i ordered palma perlon, zuludriver satin & zuludriver rubber straps. sorry to hijack. im sure th straps from watchgecko are value for money and looks nice.

Hello Bro Stone,

Sorry for the late reply, must have missed the email...

As for WatchGecko, I have no experience ordering from them, so I cannot say. I purchased my straps via Amazon from a seller in the USA.

In any case, I do hope you received your straps safely and are enjoying them.

Offline Chompoonush

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 10:31:40 AM »
After reading this, I understand this. I see it as a useful thing and should be applied in everyday life.

Offline stone_gossard

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 06:53:44 PM »
hello,

sorry, forgot to revisit this thread. already got the straps and service is good from the webshop.

Hello Bro Stone,

Sorry for the late reply, must have missed the email...

As for WatchGecko, I have no experience ordering from them, so I cannot say. I purchased my straps via Amazon from a seller in the USA.

In any case, I do hope you received your straps safely and are enjoying them.

Offline lolzxx

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 12:03:28 PM »
where to get a perlon strap?