Author Topic: Fuel Price Up  (Read 15831 times)

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
Fuel Price Up
« on: September 02, 2013, 07:33:46 PM »
Fuel price up by 0.20 cents tomorrow. That is a 10% increase.  :Scolding: Many will suffer.

Offline CKL1213

Re: Fuel Price Up
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 08:56:34 PM »
Ini malam lah

Offline dpkong

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 09:06:42 PM »
Fuel price up by 0.20 cents tomorrow. That is a 10% increase.  :Scolding: Many will suffer.

The "many" probably doesn't include most of us, especially if we come to terms with the fact that prices of everything eventually goes up.

Now, I have a reason to charge my clients more... ::)  Najib can say all he wants but everyone knows prices of goods and services go up every time fuel prices go up.

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 09:45:54 PM »
Read this on Free Malaysia Today: http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2013/09/02/petrol-and-diesel-prices-up/

The last paragraph tells the truth - our gomen is broke & is taking money from 1 subsidy to fund another subsidy!  :Mad:

"To reduce the burden of this hike on the lower income group the government, the Prime Minister said, will increase the BR1M payments in the 2014 Budget to be tabled next month in Parliament.
The payable amount of BR1M would be announced at the tabling of the Budget."  :HammerHead:

To quote Patrick Teoh, "Niamah!"  :mooning:
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline ayidafiq

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 11:10:10 PM »
This is all the macai(s) fault

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 06:53:54 AM »
^ this is sad, the rich will just increase their price, the working class will suffer  :Blue:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 07:16:16 AM »
I am OK with fuel price hike if it really benefit the country as a whole... but we all know better...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline swleong

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 08:37:19 AM »
fuel price increased not problem, luxury watches price increase is problem.....

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 08:58:27 AM »
The old saying of "Rob Peter to pay Paul", rings true here, as some members has already said.

This is just the beginning. KNS.

Offline GMTmaster

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 09:45:53 AM »
I am fine with the price hike too. That is not the hinder to country development. The massive corruptions and policies ineffectiveness and inefficiencies are...  :Scolding:

Among countries of the world. Our fuel price is one of the lowest. Wake up citizens.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:47:29 AM by GMTmaster »

Offline rnsm1979

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 01:15:33 PM »
well guys, it comes from our pocket, and then goes to other people pocket, which doesn't benefit we all

Offline @tsw@

• My precious
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »
Today I was at dbkl, at one of the department waiting.
I saw this....

Delicious spread as refreshment for the hardworking  government officials at meeting.
What's the meeting about..... Figuring how to implement increased charges and processing fees. All done at tax payers' expenses. :Blue:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 06:11:08 PM »
well guys, it comes from our pocket, and then goes to other people pocket, which doesn't benefit we all

Actually, the fuel subsidies didn't come from our pocket. With their reduction, we're just paying closer to real market prices for fuel. It's not like there is tax on fuel. I'd be pleased if the gov't abolished the subsidy altogether on condition that road tax is abolished as well as the luxury taxes and levies on imported cars.

Another plus point is that putting price of fuel especially diesel at market price will curb the rampant business of selling subsidy diesel to commercial users and other smuggling activities.

Not that I don't enjoy the subsidies but we need to get ourselves out of it.

Agree!  :thumbsup:

Offline GMTmaster

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 08:20:27 PM »

Actually, the fuel subsidies didn't come from our pocket. With their reduction, we're just paying closer to real market prices for fuel. It's not like there is tax on fuel. I'd be pleased if the gov't abolished the subsidy altogether on condition that road tax is abolished as well as the luxury taxes and levies on imported cars.

Another plus point is that putting price of fuel especially diesel at market price will curb the rampant business of selling subsidy diesel to commercial users and other smuggling activities.

Very good, dpkong. I share you point of view too. I think our people arguing petrol price hike are heading into the wrong territories. That could be a trap for the general public to fall into. Not heathy really. It narrows their point of views.

Of course it now becomes a selling points for politicians during election days. Very sad.  :Confused:

Opening up our markets. Let our people be the judge of their lifestyles. Force the government to work hard... Instead of relying on high taxes to create unfair competitiveness. And feed the fews...

But doing it slowly...

Offline kenixck

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 03:48:45 AM »
Today I was at dbkl, at one of the department waiting.
I saw this....

Delicious spread as refreshment for the hardworking  government officials at meeting.
What's the meeting about..... Figuring how to implement increased charges and processing fees. All done at tax payers' expenses. :Blue:

DBKL is earning a lot thru other means of income, like saman and lesen. Wondering if they pay to Fed Govt instead of Fed Govt paying to them .... Anyway, above are cheap snacks compare to other dining out expenses.

MBSA are revising their charges for 2014.

Offline @tsw@

• My precious
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 08:23:15 AM »
The story about "apple subsidy"

A man called Maha owns a farm which can produce 10 apples every day.
He has 5 workers to operate the farm.
Each of them eats 1 apple daily and it is enough to keep them operating the farm normally.
The remaining 4 apples, the landlord sells them at RM10 each and he earns RM40.
He uses the RM25 to improve the farm operation and facilities.
He gives RM2.00 to each of his workers and he keeps the remaining RM5.00 as profit.
Day by day, the farm is well developed and all of the 5 workers are happy with the money they can save.

When Maha passed away and there is a new landlord, Abdul comes to continue the farm operation.
He says to the workers:" We need to improve the farm quality and redefine our way of thinking.From now on all of you only need to pay RM1.00 for each apple you eat. It is very cheap as the price is RM10 each outside the farm."
The workers have no choice but to pay RM1.00 for the apple they eat daily.
Their earning decrease from RM2.00 to RM1.00 per person.
As usual, Abdul sells the 4 apples and he gets RM40.
He uses RM25 for farm improvement and pays RM10 to his 5 workers.
He gets RM5.00 as profit. On top of that, he gets another RM5.00 from the apples that he sells to his workers.
In total, he gets RM10 as profit every day.

Soon, the apple price increases to RM20 each.
The new landlord gets a higher profit as he gets RM80 for the 4 apples he sells daily.
Then, he decides to give the farming improvement contract to one of his close friend, Samy.
Samy says:"Apple cost naik, improvement cost also misti naik."
So, the farm improvement cost increases from RM25 to RM50.
In actual, the improvement only cost RM30.
The remaining RM20, Abdul and Samy share evenly among themselves.

Let's calculate how much Abdul gets daily:

RM10 (from farm improvement cost)
RM20 (Net profit by selling 4 apples: [Gross profit, RM80] - [Improvement cost, RM50] - [Wages RM10] = RM20)
RM5 (from selling apples to his workers)

In total, Abdul gets RM35 daily compare to RM10 initially when he takes over the farm from Maha.
His profit increases RM25 and the workers are still getting RM1.00 daily per person.
The greedy Abdul does not want to stop there.
One day, he says to his fellow workers:" You see ah, the current market price for one apple is RM20 and you are only paying RM1. See how lucky you are! I have to SUBSIDY RM19.00 for each of the apple you buy and total I need to SUBSIDY RM95.00. This will greatly burden the farm and we might get bankrupt if we continue like this. In order to avoid bankruptcy, I need to increase the apple price that you buy from RM1.00 to RM1.50 and I will bear the remaining RM18.50 per apple as my subsidy to you all. "

So, greedy Abdul adds RM2.50 to his current profit and the number becomes RM37.50.

After you have read the story, I am sure you have already understood the meaning of "SUBSIDY" given by the government.

The RM95 subsidy never existed in the first place and so was the RM52 billion fuel subsidy generously "given" by the government
All....need to read ...

Offline rnsm1979

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 12:13:23 PM »

Agree!  :thumbsup:

right, i agree with this, if the fuel price follow the market price, provided the car price is not on high tax price then, which is fair enough for all of us

Offline GMTmaster

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »
great read @tsw@. It should be the duty of general public to investigate the words that are coming out from the mouths of our beloved politicians. It will an act of ignorant if the young generations stop examining their leaders. But again the public need to be an educated bunch to realise that... :'(

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 09:03:10 PM »
Now RON97, which is mostly used in cars with high compression ratios, will be increase by 0.15 cents from 2.70 to 2.85.

RON95 was raised from 1.90 to 2.10, and with so called subsidy of 0.63 cents, it is 2.73.

Suddenly those morons realized that subsidize RON95 is more expensive than market float RON97.

What kind of clowns and jokers are running this country?

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 09:15:06 PM »
Digressing a little, since we are talking about fuel going up.

In our local news, this Bosnian guy complain that he has to get it up for 1 hour, 6 times a day, presumably 7 days a week, by his girlfriend. Now, would any of us complain?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 09:59:08 PM »

In our local news, this Bosnian guy complain that he has to get it up for 1 hour, 6 times a day, presumably 7 days a week, by his girlfriend. Now, would any of us complain?

20 years ago, I would not....

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 10:39:50 PM »
Great story by tsw  :thumbsup:

Offline kenixck

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 04:49:04 AM »

20 years ago, I would not....

only if its for a week :P

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 01:47:52 PM »
The girlfriend has now come out to deny that it was 6 times x 1 hour x 7 days.

Friendly speaking, who can tahan?

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »
The girlfriend has now come out to deny that it was 6 times x 1 hour x 7 days.

Friendly speaking, who can tahan?

"6 times x 1 hour x 7 days" - I'd expect the Bosnian to be skinny & haggard looking!  :Laughing_on_floor:
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)