Author Topic: Let's talk property  (Read 93556 times)

Offline outlander2005

• Freshie
Re: Let's talk property
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2011, 12:08:44 PM »
spot on!!! the staff just registered as many as they could then earn the commision by changing name.  :mooning:
Sub 116610LN, PAM 164M

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2011, 09:30:57 AM »
which developer allow staff to put name and no need to pay one?

to book 10 units rm500k property, you need to pay 10 x 10% x rm500k = rm500k as deposit!

a high pay manager in developer firm may get around rm10k a month
a high pay gm may get rm20k a month

so... r u saying developer staff or their ceo, director n boss?

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2011, 10:25:49 AM »
which developer allow staff to put name and no need to pay one?

to book 10 units rm500k property, you need to pay 10 x 10% x rm500k = rm500k as deposit!

a high pay manager in developer firm may get around rm10k a month
a high pay gm may get rm20k a month

so... r u saying developer staff or their ceo, director n boss?

Well, could be true. The staff in question could be in cahoots with their top management and the return to be shared as agreed by both parties concern.
Or, some of the staff got together and share the lots among themselves.
Or, some of them got into some sort of "JV" with real estate agents (per zitan's comments).
There are endless possibilities, but one thing for sure is that this practice is quite rampant in Bolehland.

Offline outlander2005

• Freshie
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2011, 06:41:39 PM »
spot on.... Bolehland rules!!!!
Sub 116610LN, PAM 164M

Offline fannymac

« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2012, 03:56:20 PM »
 ;D lol bolehland is becoming satumalaysialand ady.

Offline sherlinee

« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2012, 04:05:47 PM »
Hey sifus, few days ago my friend ask me whether I want to buy his house as he's emigrating soon. He gave me a very tempting price and I really feel like buying it. I'm 28 and still staying with my parents so I always thought of buying own place and move out. Because it's my 1st time so I don't know a single thing about the loan part. Can you explain to me what is a mortgage loan? I know is something you gadaikan your house and need to pay some installment over some fixed period of time. I'm blown by all different loan offer from different bank. ??? Is anyone getting such loan and can you tell me good and bad about it?

Offline sm

« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »
Interest rate at historical low worldwide. Mineral prices still holding firm. I dont think property prices in Asia will head south for now.

Unless China sneezes. With USD3 trillions in reserves and a centrally controlled economy, she is pushing all the right buttons. China has lifted East Asia since 09. The sentiments throughout East Asia is optimism, maybe except Japan.

If you can get a bank loan and in a prime location, I think you can park your money. For 1st time buyer, that is. Go landed. It maybe more costly but you can never go wrong w dwindling supply.

Sm

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2012, 09:19:28 PM »
That's a good advise from a experience guy!!!

Offline dpkong

« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2012, 05:44:01 PM »
There seems to be someone registering new login names and posting ads for Citibank...

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2012, 07:20:22 PM »
There seems to be someone registering new login names and posting ads for Citibank...

We have a mole inside MWF?

Offline sm

« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2012, 07:35:25 PM »
We talked bout developer internal booking prior to release to public. Directors, staff, loyal customers, business associates and suppliers always get the 1st bite. It is a fact. Some get bigger discount and some may not.

It is common and is within the rules. Developers are in the business to make money. The unsold units are release to the general public. While we may cry foul and it is also within our rights to say so.

Thats how the capitalist system works. I mean, if our g/f or family members are some big shots, we also hope to get the priviledge. Years back I know some top developers did not allow pre-booking but it is a different game now.

Today new launch properties are priced almost same or above sub sale w sexy finishes & design thrown in. They are better informed and really go for the 'kill'. A common denominator - profits n more profits.

This is corporate Malaysia, my friends.

Sm

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2012, 07:58:14 PM »
can someone suggest which bank has the best deal for a 250k loan for 15 yrs (if this is allowed, otherwise just pm). thanks very much

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2012, 07:55:33 AM »
Hi 7thfort, shop around will be the best option.I think the the rate now is about BLR-2+ %. Minus all stamping n legal fees will be a bonus 4 another watch.. regards tony

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »
Hi 7thfort, shop around will be the best option.I think the the rate now is about BLR-2+ %. Minus all stamping n legal fees will be a bonus 4 another watch.. regards tony

thanks tony for your invaluable advice.

Offline TheGr8One

• Freshie
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2012, 01:06:07 PM »
Couple of quick questions.
What is the max margin of loan one can take for a commercial unit? 70%?
If one has maxed out their 90% quota by taking 2 residential units under loan, will this have an impact on the 3rd loan for commercial? As in... will the max loan margin be 60% for the 3rd commercial loan?

What other good websites in Malaysia with real estate forum to recommend.

Many thanks in advance to all sifu.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2012, 01:30:12 PM »
3rd property loan max 70%
Beside property loan, v hv many other loan
And bank is creative enough to give loan
Most important is bank think u can pay

Offline zen

• Freshie
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2013, 05:23:56 PM »
Couple of quick questions.
What is the max margin of loan one can take for a commercial unit? 70%?
If one has maxed out their 90% quota by taking 2 residential units under loan, will this have an impact on the 3rd loan for commercial? As in... will the max loan margin be 60% for the 3rd commercial loan?

What other good websites in Malaysia with real estate forum to recommend.

Many thanks in advance to all sifu.

FYI, If you have max out your residential loan (say 3 properties still under repayment), you CAN still get 85% loan margin. Resident properties is under HDA and commercial is not.

Offline TheGr8One

• Freshie
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2013, 06:56:05 AM »
No kidding, really? Already have 3 properties under loan repayment can still go for a 4th property at 85% loan?
Cool!
I need ta talk to me banker then :) Thanks for the advice.

Offline KamLoong

« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2013, 02:59:44 PM »
How about Penang island properties? I been away for some time for Malaysia and when I went to visit last month I was shocked at the prices of condos in the island. I can't figure out how your everyday wage earner can afford a decent condo at 600k there. Too hot!

Offline dpkong

« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »
How about Penang island properties? I been away for some time for Malaysia and when I went to visit last month I was shocked at the prices of condos in the island. I can't figure out how your everyday wage earner can afford a decent condo at 600k there. Too hot!

Have cash ready, wait for the bubble to burst and buy at liquidation prices..

I sure wish I was prepared in 1997...

Offline KamLoong

« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2013, 06:42:55 PM »
Hahahaha...been ready for 2 years now waiting for the 'pop' to happen. Not coming yet. But I am not staying in Malaysia so I can't tell how's the market there now. Think it is gonna happen soon?

Offline zen

• Freshie
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2013, 10:47:24 PM »
No kidding, really? Already have 3 properties under loan repayment can still go for a 4th property at 85% loan?
Cool!
I need ta talk to me banker then :) Thanks for the advice.

Yes, you still can. The 4th property must be commercial property and not under HDA. That is why nowadays investor going for commercial property (shop, retail, office, soho, sofo and sovo) rather than residential.

Hahahaha...been ready for 2 years now waiting for the 'pop' to happen. Not coming yet. But I am not staying in Malaysia so I can't tell how's the market there now. Think it is gonna happen soon?
The "pop" won't be happening soon. I've heard this 5 years ago.
Here are the 3 main reason:-
1) Malaysia property market are still the lowest in the region. There are many foreign property investor from Singapore, China, Japan, Korea, India etc etc moving their investment here and some are migrating here (especially Japanese after tsunami) under MM2H program.
2) Malaysia still a under development country, which mean there is still a lot to grow (translate: there still a lots investment opportunity)
3) Price of building material and land price keep increasing.

For Penang Island property, even the price have gone up as high as KL property but still there is many foreign investor buying especially Japanese. For local, many investor buying at Juru and Seberang Prai as it is still cheap compare to Penang island.
My advice is "don't wait to buy property, buy it now and wait"
You won't get caught in bubble pop, if you know the investment game.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2013, 02:23:08 PM »

My advice is "don't wait to buy property, buy it now and wait"

You won't get caught in bubble pop, if you know the investment game.

Bits of advice with a caveat thrown in. Smart!

Offline KamLoong

« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »
Good advise! But no time go look see lok see:Scolding:

Offline KamLoong

« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2013, 06:07:58 PM »
The foreigners are buying up all the condos in penang island. Its the only place that i wouldbuy for own use other than kl.