Author Topic: Advice on pros and cons for Vacheron Constantin FiftySix model 4600E/110A-B487  (Read 1751 times)

Offline ray6969

• Freshie
Good afternoon,

Any advice on pros and cons for Vacheron Constantin FiftySix model 4600E/110A-B487.

The movement is produced by Horlogère ValFleurier (the Richemont Group's movement manufacturer) before being finished, assembled, and regulated by Vacheron Constantin. Being a group caliber and lacking the Geneva Seal, here we see where some decisions have been made to hit a certain price point.

In blue or silver, the Fiftysix Self-Winding is dressy, but not in a formal way. While I wouldn't call this a sport watch, even within the confines of the VC line up, it's also not really a dress watch.

Any suggestion bros/sifu/legend?

I'm interested but......................

Offline dpkong

Purely on aesthetics, it does look nice.

Dial is good with mixed index/Arabic.
Date should have been a little bigger.
Would prefer the crown without the crown guards.

Personally have looked at this model as well but did not know that info about the movement. At this price and with the brand name, it's a simple 3-hand with date and should at least carry the Geneva seal.

I would avoid.

Offline ray6969

• Freshie

Purely on aesthetics, it does look nice.

Dial is good with mixed index/Arabic.
Date should have been a little bigger.
Would prefer the crown without the crown guards.

Personally have looked at this model as well but did not know that info about the movement. At this price and with the brand name, it's a simple 3-hand with date and should at least carry the Geneva seal.

I would avoid.
After considering personally, i would not get the 56 date. The 1326 movement in the 56 date is a cartier base movement, and while VC finishes it nicely, it is the only movement in VC's entire catalog that lacks the geneva seal. I'm thinking of saving some of the bullets to step up to the 56 day-date or calendar which is a true VC movement that earns the geneva seal. I was in the JLC boutique right before i walked into VC and their master control date is not lacking in any way to the VC 56 date (it's actually thinner, has greater WR, and way longer power reserve at 70 hrs), and it costs less, also, JLC's 899 movement inside the MC date has a free sprung balance, whilst the 1326 uses an index regulator. For me too much to charge for an etachron regulated 3 hand movement in a steel case.

Just like a normal car without a turbo machine and another car with a turbo machine, currently saving bullets for Calendar VC Fifty Size (56) Blue !

Sent from my CPH2359 using Tapatalk