Author Topic: What music genres are you into?  (Read 19079 times)

Offline Angryrodent

Re: What music genres are you into?
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 07:56:38 AM »
Dream theatre are awesome live!!! I don't know how many times i've seen them but they never fail to deliver  :thumbsup: and everytime after a consert with them i go out feeling really sucky and wondering if im worthy of even touching my guitar or try to sing ever again..
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 07:58:18 AM »
Btw anyone going to Arch Enemy on tuesday (24'th april) ?

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »
I'm seeing DT and this is my very first time so I'm very excited about it! I bought the cheapest stand (budget constraint) so I hope the PA system won't disappoint me. ;)

So Angryrodent are you going to SG this time to see DT? I'm not going for Arch Enemy's concert but my colleague is going. Avenged Sevenfold is also coming on the 29th of April but they are not my cup of tea.

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline SYSTEM

• Freshie
What music genres are you into?
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 10:25:31 PM »
Listen to any rock songs, but favourite band / singer
1. Red Hot Chili Peppers
2. Lenny Kravitz
3. Rage Against The Machine
4. Pearl Jam
5. Audioslave
6. Thin Lizzy

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 12:17:43 AM »
i like pop, country, rock, classical, instrumental etc etc...
but i prefer trance, electro, house music  ;D

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 05:49:37 PM »
I'm seeing DT and this is my very first time so I'm very excited about it! I bought the cheapest stand (budget constraint) so I hope the PA system won't disappoint me. ;)

So Angryrodent are you going to SG this time to see DT? I'm not going for Arch Enemy's concert but my colleague is going. Avenged Sevenfold is also coming on the 29th of April but they are not my cup of tea.
oki its not portnoy on drums but he's a music profesor at berkley and acording to a singaporean friend who went there great so im sure you will have a great night

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 05:55:42 PM »

oki its not portnoy on drums but he's a music profesor at berkley and acording to a singaporean friend who went there great so im sure you will have a great night

fingers and toes crossed matey!  ;D

M.Mangini has held a few world records for fastest drumming so I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a cool event.  :Cheers:

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline darrencw

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 06:53:40 PM »
I kicked myself real hard back in 2010 (or 2011) for missing out DT in SG. What makes matter worse is that was the last time I can see the 'camel' playing with the band at the nearest venus possible.

Angryrodent, I understand how it feels when u see these guys play live. These guys just make u feel so bad that giving up playing is the right thing to do. Last I actually touched guitars at all has been about 2 years and friends have been calling me 'a collector' ever since.

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 07:31:52 PM »
I kicked myself real hard back in 2010 (or 2011) for missing out DT in SG. What makes matter worse is that was the last time I can see the 'camel' playing with the band at the nearest venus possible.

Angryrodent, I understand how it feels when u see these guys play live. These guys just make u feel so bad that giving up playing is the right thing to do. Last I actually touched guitars at all has been about 2 years and friends have been calling me 'a collector' ever since.

yeah i feel the same but then i realize im mainly onstage to make myself happy.. if someone enjoys it its just a bonus. I know i will never be a big star but on the stage for a short moment you feel like one.. then i go back to my jobs and i enjoy them also... go back home be with the wife and kids and kinda happy that i dun hafta be a drugatic rockstar hehe

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 12:39:46 PM »
anyone here been to the DT concert in S'pore? my first virgin night seeing M.Mangini doing drum solo in LIVE! it was awesome~ ;)

Offline kiamat

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »
aiya shoulda organise a GTG to DT concert  :Cheers:

anyone know any legal websites where you can purchase and download asian songs... other than itunes

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2012, 07:09:29 PM »
I just bought Oasis' Time Flies 1994-2009. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline kiamat

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 05:19:42 AM »

kenny which oasis song is your numero uno?

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 06:15:09 AM »

kenny which oasis song is your numero uno?

Hard to pick one bro. They were my band when I was in uni. I will name a few. Some Might Say, Dont Look Back In Anger, Wonderwall and a few more from their Definitely Maybe album. I am also into Trance, Global Underground and Gatecrasher labels are good too. Also a Retro buff.

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 07:52:14 AM »
nursery music and learn them as well   ;D
need to sing and sometime dance  :Dancing_banana: in front of my son, so he can sleep  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 10:13:36 AM »
nursery music and learn them as well   ;D
need to sing and sometime dance  :Dancing_banana: in front of my son, so he can sleep  :Laughing_on_floor:

I have them in the iphone and Ipad and if not tired i will sing for my eldest daughter, she 2 and a half now.  And i have to repeat same song 5 times.

Offline Ledzep

• Freshie
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2012, 11:05:44 PM »
In my teens - Metallica, GNR, Megadeth, Skid Row
Now - Whatever i can get hold of..

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »
I was listening to The Doors on the way back earlier until my wife asked me what the hell I was listening to. I told her heaven music.