Author Topic: Gaming thread...created in view of the growing old uncles who still loves gaming  (Read 16235 times)

Offline kiamat

just installed it on my ssd drive last night. fell asleep while waiting for the installation to complete  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
So hw's the gameplay? Manage to kick some demons' ass?

Hope my rig is gd enough to support the game... ;)

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline G.MAC

played it...diablo 2 is a better game in my opinion..
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline kiamat

i agree with gmac.

Diablo 3 (D3) - the game is too easy. no character customisation (this is so 1990s). voice acting is so badly done. dorky camera angle. the soundtrack is a joke. best of all if battle.net server is full or under maintenance you can't play your single player game. yup i am not talking about multi-player gaming. beats me why blizzard do this. funny considering no matter what happen to battle.net server you can still play starcraft and update the server once it is back online. D3 is a recycle product!!!

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
i agree with gmac.

Diablo 3 (D3) - the game is too easy. no character customisation (this is so 1990s). voice acting is so badly done. dorky camera angle. the soundtrack is a joke. best of all if battle.net server is full or under maintenance you can't play your single player game. yup i am not talking about multi-player gaming. beats me why blizzard do this. funny considering no matter what happen to battle.net server you can still play starcraft and update the server once it is back online. D3 is a recycle product!!!

no character customization? that's stone age! based on you guys review, it sounds quite disappointing...  :Mad:

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline drainbamage

• Freshie
i agree with gmac.

//I agree. A friend of mine was already going through Nightmare Mode within 24hours. I havent played it though, but nevertheless Diablo had always been a very good game IMO.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:42:36 PM by drainbamage »
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. -John Lennon

Offline putokia

i disagree...personally feel diablo3 is a well made game...balanced character builds and alot of customization of skil builds can b made for different occasions
play tru hell til u reach inferno..i gues there's where the real game starts...just like WoW..the game only starts when u reached lvl 70

Offline kiamat

putokia, the game don't allow you to customize your characters. you can't change the physical and how many points are allocated to the stats. this is very dated. let's say you play a wizard and why in the world do you need to beef up on the strength? you want to beef up on your intelligence which is the core stats for a wizard.

the skills customization or tech tree is so direct and you cannot specialize on specific. when you compare with other rpg games in the market today. every action has consequences and you get different endings. if you compare with the last blizzard game, starcraft - wings of liberty, you have 2 different last battle at the last mission when you choose to deal with nydus ground assault or air assault. also along the game which sides you help will determine what unit you get. for example, ghost infantry or spectre. in short D3 is very dated.

most of the games are fun to play when you reached high levels. but what separates a truly good game from an average game is from level 1 on it is already very challenging and addictive. furthermore, considering that i waited 10 years for D3 and also it is touted as World of Warcraft killer... you gotta be kidding me, right? they shoulda do better and for goodness sake, the voice acting is just horrible. not only for rpg but any game genre of this era.

Offline putokia

diablo3 is never meant to b a WoW killer.....its not a MMORPG
i agree u cant customize all the small details of a character...but it is meant to b a noob proof game...no wrg stats can b made
furthermore...blizzard gave u beta to test the game...if u dont like it u can always quit?but the amount of players dat are sticking on the game be it starcraft 2 or diablo3 shows the games are not at all that bad

Offline kiamat

putokia, prior to the launch of D3, Frank Pearce co-founder of Blizzard hinted D3 will cannibalize WoW in interviews. so what's the logic there?

mate, you are losing the plot here. after 10 years of wait and with so much hype, blizzard could have come up with a better game. when you compare D3 with other rpg like dragon age, skyrim and the witcher. d3 is very dated.

from logic point of view, when i play a wizard why do i want to waste points to accumulate my strength every time i level up? it is a no-brainer. i definitely want to boost up my intelligent stat. so customization is not a small details but a significant one.

i did not try to beta. if i did i would not have wasted my game  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

yes, d3 and sc2 have strong followings. primarily, for multiplayer online gaming. i am not disappointed with this aspect but the single player gaming.

food for thought - mate, spice girls and britney spears had strong followings as well but they are crap :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline putokia

i think for online gaming its not a bad game...even for WoW u cant customize ur stats too..its good for me coz i really dont like releveling a character coz i built my character wrgly
the only thing i dont like about dis game is the AH with real cash...it wil b a money earning game for chinese gold farmers...farm items and sell to rich kids =)

Offline kiamat

LOL well said putokia. i guess this is a case of one man ceiling another man floor.

last night while playing d3 what pissed me off is i was disconnected from battle.net and 2 hours of gameplay all gone down the drain. this is not the first time this has happened LOL

Offline G.MAC

last night while playing d3 what pissed me off is i was disconnected from battle.net and 2 hours of gameplay all gone down the drain. this is not the first time this has happened LOL
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: That is the main problem with the game in my opinion. There is no periodic save point except for the checkpoints.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline johnjoux

Who still plat dota ? :P