Author Topic: Gaming thread...created in view of the growing old uncles who still loves gaming  (Read 16235 times)

Offline mechanics

• Freshie
favourites....

Need For Speed series......I have all the NFS since number 1....

COD MWF.......1, 2 & Black Ops......finished all of it....now already pre-booked MWF 3

All those fighting games, Tekken, SF IV.....currently playing Dead to Rights......damn violent and vulgar game...hehehehehe

Offline watchmanu

mechanics,

thanks for starting this thread. well done!  :thumbsup:

my favourites as below,

GOD of WAR series, FIFA series, Need For Speed series, Grans Turismo Series and etc.
watchManU

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Since we are in the topic of gaming.
I have been gaming ever since I was in standard 1, playing game n watch and then to the nintendos and segas and super nintendos and playstations and the ps2 and now ps3...
Going to SS2 "tar kei" during my schooldays was part and parcel of my daily life.
Weekends will normally head to sungai wang.
Now my gaming sessions are mainly at home.
One thing that I did not catch on is PC gaming... all the hoo haa of mmorpg...
I am more of an old school type gamer...
Lemme share my entertainment room setup here.

A Sony 32inch 100hz LCD TV
Samsung 5.1 DVD Home theater system.
Sony PS3 hooked to the Samsung HT via optical cable to make use of the 5.1 surround sound during gaming and watching blu-ray movies (can consider this a budget type setup lah)
Madcatz Tournament Edition Arcade stick.
Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 Arcade stick. (Needed 2 sticks as friends sometimes come over to play SF4)

My games are all on the left side of the cabinet and my bluray movies are on the right.
Currently playing Super Street Fighter 4 arcade edition, Shadows of the Damned and Infamous 2.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline mechanics

• Freshie
hanz.... some serious gaming rig u hv man.....

my gaming rig........
DELL 30" UltraSharp....multi purpose screen....DVI for my PC....
Logitech Z906 speaker system
PS3 HDMI to my DELL, optical out to my logitechs
FragnStein for FPS PS3 games
Logitech G27 steering
my PC gaming rig is oredi old......still a C2D......not planning to upgrade coz rather play PS3 now....
now mostly watch movies or doing downloading only....sound oso connected to amp

my son usually plays those racing games and sports games....the mother dont like him to play all those violent games that i play

for me....FPS is my main games...racing is second...anything else.....its just for fun

Offline bryankwc

Firstly, how do you qualify an 'uncle'?  ;D
My favs are Football Manager, Diablo and Dungeon Keeper for the pc.
On the PS2, Gran Turismo 3.
Due to work and loosing the fight for play-time to my kids (who kick my butts in ANY game), I've stopped playing for a while now.
Having said that, I am looking forward to the release of Diablo III  :Dancing_banana:
BTW, do I qualify for uncle status?  :Laughing_on_floor:
Take care, Ciao!  :thumbsup:
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
I am just a tar kei kaki. Use to spend copious amount of coins playing KOF, SF2 and Samurai Shodown during high school. As for PC games I started off playing all those classic LucasArt games like Days of the Tentacle, Sam and Max, X-Wing, Wolfenstien, Duke Nukem, Doom and etc on my 486  :laugh: ancient thing compared to modern machines.

Prefer adventure games on PCs. but nothing beats Leisure Suit Larry! exchanging hidden Golden Eggs tips with friends to look at animated tits ....hahahah those were the days.

When the modern arcades came to town.. I perfected the ultimate drifting technique to beat all in Daytona  :laugh:

Then I realised I do not want to get addicted to anymore..so gave it all up. College days just play CS, StarCraft and also the occasional "tok por"

Now I just play the occasional DS and PSP games on my wife's consoles. Always a very late at picking up games now. Just finished God of War and Little Big Planet in PSP..awesome games btw, i guess everyone already knows  :laugh:

Also Prof Leyton in DS. a good way to waste a few days  :Laughing_on_floor:
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline mechanics

• Freshie
to qualify for 'uncle' status, you have to be:

1. above 30 years old
2. minimum 2 kids with a minimum age of 5 years old

hahahahahahaha then ppl start calling u uncle......

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
so I am still a "Brother" ?
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline watchmanu

to qualify for 'uncle' status, you have to be:

1. above 30 years old
2. minimum 2 kids with a minimum age of 5 years old

hahahahahahaha then ppl start calling u uncle......

So i think ppl only will call me 1/2 uncle because i only passed the 1st test but not the 2nd.  :Laughing_on_floor:
watchManU

Offline mechanics

• Freshie
like that...young kids will call u 'kor kor' only......

hehehehehe

Offline dpkong

my favourite games are FreeCell and Minesweeper. serious gaming would be Pinball but it doesn't come with Windows 7 anymore...

darn Microsoft  :Scolding:  :Scolding:

Offline mechanics

• Freshie
this one sound like office ular time games....kekekekekeke

Offline dpkong

this one sound like office ular time games....kekekekekeke

sadly, i have no "office"...

Offline kiamat

baldur's gate series, icewind dale series, neverwinternights series, dragon age series, starcraft series, warcraft series... only rpg and rts. tried fps like crysis but i puke like hell after 7 hours of gaming so not cut out for fps.

there will always be a soft spot in me for classic arcade games like pacman, donkey kong, load runner, 1941/2/3/4, r-type, etc

then in a far distant are arcade games like daytona, street fighter, marvel superheroes, tekken, etc... i rank these games as least favoured cos they are too easy, it gets boring when you have to wait for hours for worthy opponent.

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
Retired gamer here.

Used to play battlefield 2 and battlefield 2142 competitively. Never play battlefield 3 cause my laptop cant support it and i do not have the time to play. Find my rythem back when my big brother asked me to play his battlefield 3 account. He was like  :o :o :o :o when he see me playing.. lol

Offline Angryrodent

Sierra games, monkey island basicly all fps and also GTA.. never really got in2 online games like WOW cause i hate meeting up with ppl better than me hehe
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline ston3r

• Freshie
I'm still very much a PS3/PSP gamer, love titles like God of War, GTA series, Red Dead Redemption, Modern Warfare, GT5, MGS and final fantasy series....

Offline Laktos Kid

yo! Need For Speed fans here, been playing since underground :thumbsup:

Offline kiamat

anyone tried PS Vita?

nowadays i play games to monitor my jdownloader and netload ftp upload or while waiting for wee hours live broadcast of football or other sports.

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
NFS series, particularly Shift 2 Unleashed...

RPG such as Diablo II, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc...

Always like games such as Diablo which you can kit up your hero and make 'em look cool LOL! :p The hack-n-slash moment is just pure fun, kicking those monsters' ass for good!

Also FPS such as Modern Warfare. But can't play for long hours, pening easily hehe...

My good old days were loitering around cyber cafes after school time, playing CS, Quake 2/3 or Star Craft. Graduated from 2ndary school and realized that I had wasted so much money in cyber cafes. Decided to stop and play PC games at home instead. Custom built a gaming rig (not very canggih) and feel quite satisfied with it.

I'm in my late 20's, therefore I'm no uncle... Right? :p

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline Angryrodent

as a uncle in his early 30's (anything b4 35) must say school for me was mainly not being in class either playing poker so i would be able to play games or sneaking in to the local uni (close to my school) to play games... education is overrated I have some i never use them
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
Now once in a while play DOTA..
football manager or online poker..

Use to be hardcore cs gamer~ huhu ^^Y

"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline Cloud7

any1 getting the PS Vita? or new Xbox?

Offline kiamat

problem with getting vita is i have to get 2 unit. why? in case, when i am playing and some of my friends say crappy stuffs like "i am better than you" or "i can kick your butt anytime", etc... then i will take out the second unit and make them eat humble pie LOL  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
heard the Diablo III has launched...

anyone here playing it now? :D

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html