Author Topic: Panthermobile on auction...  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Peiseh

Panthermobile on auction...
« on: August 27, 2011, 10:17:59 AM »
The so-called Panthermobile, is now offered at an auction for the second time.

The one-of-a-kind car is now 42 years old. The engine is not currently running, but it was believed to be working when the vehicle was sold in 2007. As the car is not street-legal, it does not come with a Swansea V5.

The car was designed by none other than Jay Ohrberg, the same who produced other famous movie and television vehicles including Knight Rider K.I.T.T., Back To The Future DeLorean, 1966 Batman Batmobile, 1989 Batman Batmobile, Dukes of Hazzard General Lee, Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino and even the Flintstones car.

The Pink Panther car has reportedly been owned by Ohrberg until it was entered into auction in June 2007 by COYS. It was then bought for £88,000 by the current owner.

The current online auction begins September 4 at the following link. It ends October 14.

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
Re: Panthermobile on auction...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:37:15 AM »
I'm the cool one in pink.

The short and grouchy fella - that's Landyshah.

:mooning:
So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:54:48 PM »
I'm the cool one in pink.

The short and grouchy fella - that's Landyshah.

:mooning:

Hi Brolex, i guess every member here deserve a little bit of respect... i saw how you and shah "debating" in another post... some i'm Ok to consider it as a joke but not always the case.

thanks.
scott
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:18:58 PM by Scott C. »

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:09:38 PM »
He didn't take this post seriously, did he?

:Blue:

So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.