Author Topic: real off topic ? how to deal with someone egoistic  (Read 13084 times)

Offline Fairy Oly

Re: real off topic ? how to deal with someone egoistic
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 10:54:31 AM »
The missing hours definitely will cause some concern. In a relationship, the trust is very important....losing trust will have serious consequences like wifey or hubby checking on everything, mobile phone texts, calls history, missing hours, bla bla bla...

What I said about giving in is like when we're discussing unimportant things or more like personal opinions. If it is not important, why continue to argue or discuss on that matter? Just try to let it pass...

Winning in an argument with our loved ones don't bring us good with no prizes and it just deteriorate the relationship! So, why do it? Well, I know saying is easier than doing it.

well said!!! Winning in an argument with our loved ones don't bring us good with no prizes and it just deteriorate the relationship! So, why do it? Well, I know saying is easier than doing it.
that will be real COOL if both party understand this.

and YES!! saying is always easier than doing it. lol :Cheers:

What I hv learnt is if something is not outrageously insane,just let it b. Live and let live. Coz in another moment u could make  similar mistakes
well.. again, saying is always easier than doing it. i believe not many ppl could just let it be. lol not untill they make the similar mistakes lol~

and YA hanz079 your wifey is so so lucky to have such a loving hubby like u  :thumbsup:

Manburg!! why guessing my sex, i thought my nick is feminine enough to show it!! no?? lol~
n nways, whether im female or male also doesnt really matter isnt it  :Cheers:
and, so, whats ur sincere opinion on this?  lol
and... bout the question u quoted, eh, i cant see whats the linking of your favorite quotes with that question! lol lol lol
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:56:16 AM by Fairy Oly »
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 08:40:05 PM »

Manburg!! why guessing my sex, i thought my nick is feminine enough to show it!! no?? lol~

In defense of myself, I had never given that much of an attention to anyone's nick to actually be able to tell whether he's a man or a woman. In your case, I only realized it by the nature of some of your statements which was then confirmed by this thread. Truth be told, I still wouldn't know whether a particular member is a man or a woman even if he/she uses nick such as Awek, Amoi, or Tangachi! :laugh:

n nways, whether im female or male also doesnt really matter isnt it  :Cheers:

Yes. But to my mind, it's good actually for the male members to know that the member he is communicating with is a female, so that in their conversations, no dirty jokes, sexually offensive remarks or anything of the same nature are uttered which in the end would only affect the good-natured environment of the forum. A gentleman wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of a lady. :thumbsup:

and, so, whats ur sincere opinion on this?  lol

Ok, this is my take. You don't want to tell us the exact relationship that you're having with this person, but you told us that he's a guy, he's a friend, and you have to deal with him often. Since you said he's a friend, that rules out any male member of your family.

In order to give you a worthy advice, one would need to know the nature of the relationship, because that advice would vary depending of the identity of that guy. For this purpose, and based on your story, I would narrow them down to three people - he's either your boss, your office-mate, or ... your lover.

1. Your boss

You've got two choices. Either you learn to cope with him and his attitude/behaviour, or you find another job. Because it's a waste of time to argue with your boss, as in my book, the boss is always right, even when he's wrong. Especially if he is a boss as in your description - it's very unlikely that he will change his ways just for or because of you.

2. Your office-mate

Avoid him at all cost. If you're obliged to have contact with him due to work reasons, keep it professional, minimal and on need basis only. I mean, why do you want to entertain, give face, or give in to him if all he does is to piss you off all day and night? There are a lot of other people in this world who are much nicer and courteous (such as MWF members  ;D) that you could have conversations with. I have a standing motto - be nice only if you're treated nicely.

3. Lover

This one is tricky. Do you love him? If you do, then there's no need for any more discussion. Love conquers everything! I mean, if you do love him, such behaviour (e.g. always wants to win in argument) is just an insignificant trait in a person. Instead of getting fired up, why don't you try to understand him instead? You might have known this, but let me just reiterate this fact - a man is an EGOIST when it comes to dealing with his woman, the only difference is the size of that ego. The earlier you understand this and learn how to tackle it, the better your love life will be. The cardinal rule is, DON'T HUMILIATE YOUR MAN IN FRONT OF OTHERS.

But if you do not love him (which kinda ironic since you call him your lover ???), then the best solution is to just dump him. There are a lot of much nicer and lovable men out there (my reliable source says that watch lovers are one of them  :D).

So, which one is which? ;)
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 08:56:51 PM »
wah.... didnt know mwf got so many 'love' expert....
jus gebo.... cant really advise any1..... :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

love is everything?
love is nothing?
 :Confused: :Confused: :Confused: :Confused: :Confused: :Confused: :Confused: :Confused: :Confused:

better love watches....

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 09:19:30 PM »
There is no "Love" expert as there is no universal way to approach love.
What works for a couple might not work for another...
Better to find you own way...
Love for watches is a different story...  ;D
Most people will automatically think expensive = better but seasoned experts (now for watches there are experts) will believe otherwise...

As for Manburg's detailed reply... the Lover part I have to agree because when ppl are in love, the person will always appear perfect and we are always willing to oversee faults... it is only until later... 72 hours later I guess that all the flaws will be like sirens...
Even then, the person in love will always hold to the hope that he /she will change for your sake and the truth is ppl never change...
That's what I think...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com