Author Topic: real off topic ? how to deal with someone egoistic  (Read 13080 times)

Offline Fairy Oly

real off topic ? how to deal with someone egoistic
« on: June 18, 2011, 08:23:07 AM »
real off topic,

this is the only forum i join.
don't wanna talk bout this on FB. =.= or twitter, perhaps some of you here could help, since most of you are guy.

im kinda having a problem in my life.
a friend of mine, GUY!!! he is a typical LEO,(gosh i hate leo) really haughty and disdainful!!  :Mad:
i always need to deal with him but i dunno how to cope it. =.=

but he is quite good in TALKING, always kinda win in a CONVERSATION. (and i'm too soft hearted, cant fight cant argue. idiot =.=)
but this is not a court, win a conversation doesn't mean he is right, doesn't mean then he can continue doing it! you get what i mean?  :HammerHead:

guys, any idea, how to deal with him, atleast let him understand that he was wrong on something or what he did was wrong!!! :HammerHead:

help!!!  :HammerHead:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Re: real off topic ? how to deal with someone egoistic
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »
Simple... no need to waste ur time to fight...
Answer everything with "Mmm" "Yeah" "OK" "Right" and trust me, the lesson for him will come in due course...
Not your problem and not for you to waste a headache on... I am sure there are much more things in your life that requires your attention rather than this... :Cheers:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Fairy Oly

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 08:32:54 AM »
Answer everything with "Mmm" "Yeah" "OK" "Right" and trust me, the lesson for him will come in due course...
Not your problem and not for you to waste a headache on... I am sure there are much more things in your life that requires your attention rather than this... :Cheers:

but i think i need to find a way to make him UNDERSTAND to make my life easier!!!
or else later either i kill myself or kill him.  :Mad:

hmm, but maybe ur right, maybe i should learn how to IGNORE it too...  :(
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Offline genec

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »
Ignorance is bliss.

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 11:32:48 AM »
How close is this guy to you? It depends how you want to handle this.... but unfortunately this kind of people will never understand no matter how much you try to tell him... it's in him unless someone is even more haughtier than him. :)

Talking and trying to make him understand is just a waste of time... The only way is to tell him straight to his face, if he gets it then things might change, if not then your friendship might deteriorate.

But, is it worth it? Just take it easy and leave him as he is... and don't take what he says too personally and let him be!!! Don't let his attitude affect you.

but i think i need to find a way to make him UNDERSTAND to make my life easier!!!
or else later either i kill myself or kill him.  :Mad:

hmm, but maybe ur right, maybe i should learn how to IGNORE it too...  :(

Offline Fairy Oly

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 11:50:12 AM »
was really on fire yesterday and this morning :Mad:

but, after reading all your post.
i think, i should learn how to deal with my emotion rather then learning how to deal with him.

ya true, @genec, ignorance is bliss. shouldnt let others affect my feeling or emotion.. ? omg this is difficult +.+

yeap, @pastor zitan, hopefully he will learn the lesson  =.=

well @ancs88, quite close to him and need to deal with him VERY OFTEN =.=
i tried to tell him straight to his face, but he could come out with a lot of excuses and explanation to tell us he is right!!! argh, but like i said, won a in a conversation doesnt mean he is right argh argh argh... ok again, cool down myself !!! ignore it!!!!!! +.+ :Confused: :Confused: :Confused: :Confused: :Confused:

Offline sshark

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 03:37:26 PM »
take wat is good. there r so many idiots coming ur way besides leo. r u going to waste ur time with each and every of them? i hope not.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 03:54:32 PM »
Dont be personally close with him. I find the best way to deal with these kind of people is to only meet with them when necessary.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »
Dont be personally close with him. I find the best way to deal with these kind of people is to only meet with them when necessary.
Don't you mean don't meet him even if it's necessary?  ;D
Yat san wan yao yat san kou... you haven't meet the ultimate idiot yet I can assure you...
There will be more coming your way as sshark said...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 01:34:28 PM »
hmm, just my observation from the conversation, guess he is yr superior or boss in the company, you have no choice but need to deal with him daily...

When this happen, just walk and take a cup of coffee and come back and ask "where were we?", then if you still bo song, walk again and get another cup of white coffee and ask the the same question... :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 01:47:12 PM »
Lets me join in....

"guys, any idea, how to deal with him, atleast let him understand that he was wrong on something or what he did was wrong!!! "

Why not just tell him straight in a diplomatic way. Just say; Sorry; I do not agreed to your view and needs more exploration. Or says ; shall we explore other possiblities to the current situation
Don't tell him he is complete wrong. Says it in another way round. (If he happened to be your boss / superior)

But, if he is your man of your love,......just   :HammerHead: him.   don't take things for granted...la...then after that act soft again like a kitten....... :thumbsup:

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 10:35:23 PM »
leave him  ;D

somehow or rather i think some of the mwf member wife is writing the same thing in other forum  ::) (malaysia bride forum)

:angel:  :angel: ask the guy to join this forum, we wack  :Scolding: him for u  :HammerHead:

Offline Fairy Oly

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
feel a lot better after reading all ur posts, THANKS!  :Cheers:

realize i put too much emotion into it. maybe i should just take it easy. concentrate on something else which is better n more important to me.

and lol @siodee, thats nice one!!! should try that next time!!!  :laugh:

and @david, yes!! i m trying very hard to do that, discuss it in another way round, explain it in dif perspective. but, he will never see the point that he was wrong bout something. and still keep telling me that, no it wasn't me, if you think there's something wrong, then, it was you, you shouldn't think that way or do that way. gosh!! :Scolding:

@ivanswk!! hahaha... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i like your statement lol!! should join that forum too lol!!!  :laugh:

and yes @zitan, ..my PRIORITY..
i think i wasted too many times and energy on things that not important to my life. too emotional.  :-[

so guys,
If similar case happened on you, friend or loved one or colleague trying to tell you your problem,  will you also can't see it can't take it and then say something to explain to against the point. How the case is rather easy for you to accept and understand each other's arguments?

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 01:16:58 PM »
It is really hard to make the other party understand when comes into an argument but at the same time, the other party is also trying to make you understand. That is the problem of an argument, I called it never ending story. Normally, there is no right or wrong in certain arguments as most of the time, the argument is due to difference in opinion rather than a fact. If it's a fact, it can be proven 1+1=2, no need to fight but most of the time it is not so simple.

I myself also gets into this kind of mess sometimes, when I'm trying to make my wifey understand, and she will tell me that how come, everytime in an argument or discussions, I always have reasons and lots of explanation. Come to think of it, if I don't explain, how do I clear my name?

But now I really understand that it is not necessary to explain so much as women normally don't care so much of the facts or reasons during an argument, they just need guys to give in and sweet talk rather than explain and everything will be fine.

:Cheers:

Offline siodee

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 04:05:13 PM »
It is really hard to make the other party understand when comes into an argument but at the same time, the other party is also trying to make you understand. That is the problem of an argument, I called it never ending story. Normally, there is no right or wrong in certain arguments as most of the time, the argument is due to difference in opinion rather than a fact. If it's a fact, it can be proven 1+1=2, no need to fight but most of the time it is not so simple.

I myself also gets into this kind of mess sometimes, when I'm trying to make my wifey understand, and she will tell me that how come, everytime in an argument or discussions, I always have reasons and lots of explanation. Come to think of it, if I don't explain, how do I clear my name?

But now I really understand that it is not necessary to explain so much as women normally don't care so much of the facts or reasons during an argument, they just need guys to give in and sweet talk rather than explain and everything will be fine.

Bro, may be it works in China, my wife good at finding the head and tail of the story, if not tally, there's go the day  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »

Bro, may be it works in China, my wife good at finding the head and tail of the story, if not tally, there's go the day  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Walau....ehh!!! Scary scary if everything have to tally!!!

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 08:19:36 PM »
ancs quote; "Walau....ehh!!! Scary scary if everything have to tally!!!"

Very true...thats the art of staying in relationship / marriage.

The head and tail must tally. eg...the time you leave from place A and reach place B must tally according to the distance. If you 'ular' somewhere in between and if she find out the missing hour, you're in for it.  ;D

Need I need to say more on the home budget?

dc
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:22:56 PM by David_cheong »
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 08:49:20 PM »

well said...i not only learning watches knowledge from this forum but marriage knowledge...

Offline Fairy Oly

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 09:00:23 PM »
hahahahaha... really.. marriage knowledge lol so cute lol!!!

well same thing, if your wifey always out and cant tell you where she has been the missing hours lol will you just ignore it?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:09:34 PM by Fairy Oly »

Offline siodee

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 07:35:11 AM »
hahahahaha... really.. marriage knowledge lol so cute lol!!!

well same thing, if your wifey always out and cant tell you where she has been the missing hours lol will you just ignore it?

:Laughing_on_floor:, I just need the big picture, not good at linking the story

well said...i not only learning watches knowledge from this forum but marriage knowledge...

Yup, we all learn different experiences here, when boy and girl meet, that is where the "interesting" get started  :Cheers:

Offline sshark

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »
What I hv learnt is if something is not outrageously insane,just let it b. Live and let live. Coz in another moment u could make  similar mistakes

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »
The missing hours definitely will cause some concern. In a relationship, the trust is very important....losing trust will have serious consequences like wifey or hubby checking on everything, mobile phone texts, calls history, missing hours, bla bla bla...

What I said about giving in is like when we're discussing unimportant things or more like personal opinions. If it is not important, why continue to argue or discuss on that matter? Just try to let it pass...

Winning in an argument with our loved ones don't bring us good with no prizes and it just deteriorate the relationship! So, why do it? Well, I know saying is easier than doing it.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 06:19:34 PM »
Wah, didn't realize that we've got quite a few relationship counsellors amongst us! :D

Fairy Oly, had I read this thread earlier, I won't have to guess your sex! :P

Do you really want my sincere opinion on this?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 06:58:37 PM »
In relationship leh... sometimes have to give and take...
Do not be vengeful... there's no good in it...
All I can say is... if you think two person in love is tough... wait till you have a few kids around...
Then you will start to think why waste all the time with petty matters when you can enjoy the time together...
Marriage alone is tough... it makes one reassess all the priorities... when you have kids... they will be your top priority...
But with perseverence, trust and respect... it will strike a balance...
When the balance ticks at +-3 seconds... within COSC specs... everything will be smooth...  :thumbsup:
My parents always say to me... in a relationship... dun be too hard headed... but don't be too soft hearted as well...
I dunno if anyone understands my post... lol
Over and out... need to go change diapers...  :mooning:

Offline Manburg

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 09:32:19 PM »

so guys,
If similar case happened on you, friend or loved one or colleague trying to tell you your problem,  will you also can't see it can't take it and then say something to explain to against the point. How the case is rather easy for you to accept and understand each other's arguments?

One of my favourite quotes is this: "A woman is like a tea bag - you wouldn't know how strong she is until you put her in hot water"  :thumbsup:

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY