Author Topic: GST in airport??  (Read 2850 times)

Offline kingpin

GST in airport??
« on: March 29, 2015, 10:21:04 PM »
To all my fellow MWF members, just want to get some understanding on the GST topic. I just arrived back to our beloved MY from my business trip oversea and the first thing after I was touched down, I directly went to the "watchshop" in KLIA. I was asking the salesperson on the GST, do watches selling in international airport with GST after 1st April, they said Yes.

I was caught in surprised, I thought what selling in international airport is GST free or duty free. Then I went up to the net and search MY customs rules. Quoted from the website :

"4. GOODS THAT CAN BE SUPPLIED AT DFS FREE OF DUTY AND GST
Under the Customs Act 1967 and Customs Regulations 1977, not all goods are
allowed to be sold free of duty at DFS. Only certain categories of goods are
allowed to be sold or supplied free of duty. Those goods that are allowed to be
sold free of duty and GST include the following:
a) Foods products
b) Chocolate ,Confectionery
c) Liquor, Cigarettes, Tobacco
d) Leather product
e) Toilet preparation
f) Textiles, wearing apparel, Clothing Accessories
g) Footwear, Headgear
h) Tableware, Glassware (ceramic, porcelain, glass)
i) Jewellery
j) Articles of base metal
k) Typewriter, calculating machine
l) Domestic Electrical Appliances
m) Telephone set
n) Audio, Video media
o) Television Receivers, Video Cassette Recorders, Radio Broadcast
Receivers
p) Toys, Games
q) Cigarette Lighter, Ball Pen (plastic)
r) Sports goods"

So is the watch in the category of Jewellery? or Clothing accessory. OR we need to pay the GST?? Masters in MWF please share some ideas, thank you.  :Confused:
IWC Pilot Chronograph 3777, Oris Big Crown Complication, Longines Hydro Conquest, Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium Auto, Tissot Couturier Quartz Chronograph, Orient FEM76002B9 Automatic, Seiko Chronograph World Time 7T62 OJHO, AVI-8 Solar Power AV-4018-03, Casio AE-1200WH, G-Shock GA-110RG, G-Shock G-300, G-Cool GT-000

Offline dpkong

Re: GST in airport??
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 08:39:29 PM »
When was the last time anyone bought any of the following?

1. Type writer
2. Video Cassette Recorders

You could try talking to Customs that the watch you bought fell under the "articles of base metal"...   :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline kingpin

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 01:26:31 AM »
Yeah, that is the problem.. No idea what is doing to happen all the GST related things are not clear. So are we going paying GST in airport?  :Cheers:
IWC Pilot Chronograph 3777, Oris Big Crown Complication, Longines Hydro Conquest, Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium Auto, Tissot Couturier Quartz Chronograph, Orient FEM76002B9 Automatic, Seiko Chronograph World Time 7T62 OJHO, AVI-8 Solar Power AV-4018-03, Casio AE-1200WH, G-Shock GA-110RG, G-Shock G-300, G-Cool GT-000

Offline kingpin

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 11:57:48 AM »
Confirm that all watches in airport come with GST!!!

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 04:11:38 PM »
When was the last time anyone bought any of the following?

1. Type writer
2. Video Cassette Recorders

You could try talking to Customs that the watch you bought fell under the "articles of base metal"...   :Laughing_on_floor:

That list is so 1980s, man....