Author Topic: What camera do you use?  (Read 36978 times)

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: What camera do you use?
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »
now i'm waiting for fuji x100

+1

Offline watchtime

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2010, 06:45:14 PM »
I know most people will not consider Sony when shopping for SLR camera but after playing with their
new A55 and A33 SLR at Sony center I was impressed enough to want one.
The Electronic Viewfinder(EVF) is bright easy to use. Compact and loaded with features at low price. Check them
out when you are near a showroom

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 07:30:57 PM »
I know most people will not consider Sony when shopping for SLR camera but after playing with their
new A55 and A33 SLR at Sony center I was impressed enough to want one.
The Electronic Viewfinder(EVF) is bright easy to use. Compact and loaded with features at low price. Check them
out when you are near a showroom
Yeap! A55/A33 is a good camera ;) but i read from somewhere the camera has overheat problem especially during the video recording.. not sure will sony fix it. I just bought my nex5 back in July and i'm impress with the feature that sony put into the nex (a55/a33 has almost identical features compare to nex5/3 but the selling point for this a55 is its 10fps ;)) as well as it's support. In less then 3 months, sony has released 2 firmware upgrades to solve some problems reported for nex and the last firmware make the camera much much more user friendly if user choose to operate in "manual" mode.. good job Sony ;)

Offline ZhaoYun

• Freshie
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 10:41:33 AM »
I am using a Nikon D700 !

Offline watchtime

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2010, 07:20:46 PM »
Hi, Just bought a Canon S95 a couple of days ago. So many features it will be sometime
before i can understand them all. The last camera i own was a Nikon D80 and not so complicated.

Nowdays printed manuals are not provided.  With my bad memory i decided to print the entire PDF
manual 200 pages in A4 size. Better than damaging my eyesight.

How do you guys cope with these PDF  user manuals ? Or am i the only one having problem
adjusting to the green initiative?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2010, 02:04:48 PM »
LOL

Offline jschooi

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2011, 07:18:52 AM »
Canon 40D & PAnasonic LX3.

Should i upgrade to 50D and LX5?

Camera is like Watch. It will never end...
Canon SLR

Offline peanut

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2011, 07:48:07 AM »
Canon 40D & PAnasonic LX3.

Should i upgrade to 50D and LX5?

Camera is like Watch. It will never end...
Bro ... you are really out -of-date.  50D was released in 2008.  Now people are upgrading to 60D.  60D is good for beginner but more serious photographer should look at 7D, 5D MKII (which rumoured to be replaced this year) or 1D MKIV.

Camera is not like watch.  It actually depreciates even more than watches.  I tend to give away my digital cameras to my family members once I have upgraded mine.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:51:07 AM by peanut »

Offline kinson

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2011, 08:15:44 AM »
I'm late into this thread, but ohwell :p

Canon EOS 1000D. 18-55mm kit lens and 50mm f1.8 prime.

Cheers :)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2011, 12:12:59 PM »

Camera is not like watch.  It actually depreciates even more than watches.  I tend to give away my digital cameras to my family members once I have upgraded mine.

bro, u r the man!

When I call u bro means we r family... Next time u upgrade u know what to do lah!  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline peanut

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »

bro, u r the man!

When I call u bro means we r family... Next time u upgrade u know what to do lah!  :Laughing_on_floor:
The order of priority on my give-away list are: spouse-> kids-> siblings -> other relatives.  So if you want to get it faster, you have to call me dad instead of bro!   :Laughing_on_floor:

The ones that I have now (5D MKII and 1D MKIV) are good at least for another 1 to 2 years (and that's assuming that my photography skills is improving).    ;D

Offline kinson

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2011, 02:22:07 PM »
Just when I'm still undecided in buying a EOS 550D or S90, there are already newer models published in magazine ie. EOS 60D & S95. What a pleasant surprise ! The product life cycle of cameras are really short nowadays.

Besides, I just have a chance of trying out a new Lumix LX5 as well today. This is getting more interesting.  ;D

I'm still dreaming of the S95, it's my perfect compact cam, due to the small size and large image sensor. The competitors to this model out there from Panasonic etc are a little too bulky for a "pocket camera - literally". I'm looking for something that fit's in my jeans but offers a large enough sensor to function well in low light conditions (mainly dinners). Can't find anything else that compares.

Cheers.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »
Sony Alpha A390
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline peanut

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2011, 02:46:42 PM »
S95 is an excellent compact camera that is small enough to fit into a pocket.  It provides good image quality and good performance but it does not have a "large" sensor.  Its sensor is an average compact camera sensor which is only about 25 sq mm.  Low light performance is OK but it can't be that great since it is a compact with tiny sensor. If you want a larger sensor, get the Leica X1 (APS-C) or Panasonic GF1 (Micro Four Third).

Overall, S95 is one of the best ones if you want a real pocket size compact. LX5 is actually another good competing model -it is larger but has "better" lens.  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:59:41 PM by peanut »

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2011, 08:49:04 PM »
Looking forward to olympus Xz-1 camera, lucky i never buy s95 yet  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline sshark

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2011, 06:41:56 AM »
Aren't the Leica lower range digicams made by Panasonic?

Yes, take the Pana LX3, identical with Leica Deluxe 4, with half the price!

And what the advantages Leica over Panasonic other than the prestige branding?

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2011, 12:00:34 PM »
Canon EOS 500D.. hardly know how to use it :( but after seeing so many great by other watchaholics i wanted an oki cam myself... to bad i still cant take good pics hehe
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline cuoreboy

• Freshie
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2011, 01:49:15 PM »
i using EOS 40D  ;D

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2011, 05:45:46 PM »
Aren't the Leica lower range digicams made by Panasonic?

Yes, take the Pana LX3, identical with Leica Deluxe 4, with half the price!

And what the advantages Leica over Panasonic other than the prestige branding?

Rumour is that the software is different between the Leica and the Panasonic. Can't confirm but I have a Leica C-Lux and have to say that the outdoor shots are ok but indoor not so great.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »
I only have one camera, not mine but my wife's... one of the damages when getting a watch.  :Confused:
It's a Sony TX-5... IN PINK :Startled:
Water, shock and dust proof... according to advert la... handy when taking pics during beach or swimming outing...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Kevlarr

• Freshie
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2011, 05:16:20 AM »
How do you take those really nice and sharp close-up pictures of watches? I'm using Nikon D50 with Sigma 18-200mm lens, but for some reason I'm having problem trying to get really good close-up shots of my watches, especially the face and dial. Do you use macro lens? Which macro lens do you recommend?

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2011, 08:03:09 AM »
You can use macro lens if you want as it gives the best result, however the lenses are not cheap. Other options include close up filters or to use your current lens and crop the picture. Most important is get a tripod and use self-timer or remote release to reduce camera shake.

Offline Kevlarr

• Freshie
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2011, 12:08:36 PM »
Yes, agree. Macro lenses can cost thousands of ringgit. I would spend that money on watches. I've never heard of "close up filters" before. I'll need to find out more about these. And thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought using tripod and self timer to take close-up of watches.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2011, 05:49:29 PM »
a 50mm prime would work great for macro shots and does not really cost much. if you are using the big C or N, there are countless third party lenses and secondhand choices.  but anyway nowadays, a compact point and shoot like a S95 works really really good too  :thumbsup:

btw...anyone using full frame here? wanna ask is it's really all it's said too be compared to a APS-C cameras.
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2011, 06:39:01 PM »
try raynox dcr250, pretty good macro adapter with reasonable price.