Author Topic: Cats  (Read 16579 times)

Offline gucciposh

Cats
« on: February 26, 2014, 08:48:18 AM »
Cat lovers, reveal yourself pleaseee!
Here's mine goes by the name of 'Kim Takgu'.  The name is adapted from Korean Movie 'Love, Bread & Dreams'  :Dancing_banana:

Of course women don't work as hard as men cos they always get it right for the first time :-p

Offline Ian Fleming

• Freshie
  • "Don't Play The Fool" - The Late Sir Karpal Singh
Re: Cats
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 12:06:24 PM »
Mine says Hi...

Name: Master Yoda
Breed: Semi Flat Face Persian
Colour: Ginger
Designation: Full time house cat a.k.a Full time boss.

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 12:30:55 PM »
For the past 3 years, I've been fattening my cat, the time is ripe to put her in the oven for roasting...

... although I kept telling myself to save it for a special occasion...

Offline gucciposh

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 12:44:42 PM »
You guys are a good breeder of cats as well! That is quite a surprise!  :thumbsup:
Of course women don't work as hard as men cos they always get it right for the first time :-p

Offline Ian Fleming

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 01:35:08 PM »
Used to have a stray. Found it at my condo's rubbish dump on CNY eve 2013.
Brought it to the vet the next day...vet says it's less than a month and not matured enough for any jabs.
So for the entire 3 months of it's age, my wife bottle fed it with goats milk 5 times daily.

Till approx. 6 months old, sent it for vaccination and other booster jabs.

But hell, it ran away from home some time after that. Wife had weeks of sleepless nites and weeping to sleep.
Bladdy "kacang lupakan kulit cat".

So decided to get a pedigree then (the photo in the 2nd post of this thread). Quick learner and...don't even wanna leave home even when my door is wide open. Sometimes wife will bring him to our rooftop garden to take in some fresh air. But eventually, it will go back into the house again.  Bought him when he was 3 months old, never destroyed anything at home. The previous stray does destroy what ever that he came across.
Haha.

will share some more photos with u cat people later 2nite. photos are all in my dslr. hehe.

Offline gucciposh

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 01:54:14 PM »
Keep the purrrr pics coming...the CATWOMEN is anxiously waiting! :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Ian Fleming

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 09:06:39 AM »
@gucciposh ...nah, the stray I found from the rubbish dump a year plus ago. Couldn't even walk yet when I found it at the dump.

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 09:29:10 AM »
I have a firm believe in adopting cats out there and not that enthusiatic about getting pure breed...

Our cat was a stray and she just walked in to our home one day...

needless to say, she's rather comfortable and just love to get in the way of everything we do...

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:31:14 AM by sidestreaker »

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 09:30:55 AM »
Ian, those pictures just made me feel ... 'awwwwwwwww'

Offline gucciposh

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »
I have a firm believe in adopting cats out there and not that enthusiatic about getting pure breed...

Our cat was a stray and she just walked in to our home one day...

needless to say, she's rather comfortable and just love to get in the way of everything we do...

All i can say is  Aaaawwwww....so cute & photogenic too!  ;D
Mine is adopted as well, it's a siamese + local breed  :thumbsup:

Offline gucciposh

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 01:35:59 PM »
@gucciposh ...nah, the stray I found from the rubbish dump a year plus ago. Couldn't even walk yet when I found it at the dump.

Oh dear, poor little thing...so in the end, this is the one with the tagline 'kacang lupakan kulit'??  :HammerHead:

Offline Ian Fleming

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 01:58:46 PM »

yea...was damn cute when small. during it's 1st few months, wife practically came back from work during lunch time to feed it via milk bottle.

all cats are cute eh. haha.
reason I keep cats, they are quiet, calm, SUPERBLY HYGIENIC, quite independent and ARROGANT  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Ian Fleming

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 02:04:21 PM »

Oh dear, poor little thing...so in the end, this is the one with the tagline 'kacang lupakan kulit'??  :HammerHead:

yea...ran away approx. 8 months old. At 1st, it went out during day time and came back before bed time. Then after a while, went off for few days and come back again. Finally, went out and never came back. Wife wept like hell.

But this stray had a problem, like destroying stuff. Clawed my dining set kaki, bite my Inifinity home theatre sub woofer cover, climb up my bar counter and broke a few crystal wine glasses.

My friend's stray hadn't met this prob at all. Guess mine was a lil more unique. LOL!!!

But my current cat is vr vr tame since day 1 till today, already 1 year old.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 05:31:45 PM »

yea...was damn cute when small. during it's 1st few months, wife practically came back from work during lunch time to feed it via milk bottle.

reason I keep cats, they are quiet, calm, SUPERBLY HYGIENIC, quite independent and ARROGANT  :Laughing_on_floor:

Did you have the male stray spayed when he was old enough for it? When they start to do the disappearing act, it's a sign they've started sowing the wild oats. Must have finally decided to stay with the pussy and never went home...

:Laughing_on_floor:

I do agree that cats are cute, until the day you've had enough and decide it's time for the oven.

Offline gucciposh

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 07:53:00 AM »

Did you have the male stray spayed when he was old enough for it? When they start to do the disappearing act, it's a sign they've started sowing the wild oats. Must have finally decided to stay with the pussy and never went home...

I do agree that cats are cute, until the day you've had enough and decide it's time for the oven.

Oven??? OH NO!  :o

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 08:26:36 AM »

Has anyone here tried the Dragon (snake), Phoenix (chicken) and Tiger (cat) soup when in Guangzhou?

Offline Jimmy Wong

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 04:51:03 PM »

Has anyone here tried the Dragon (snake), Phoenix (chicken) and Tiger (cat) soup when in Guangzhou?

ENKIDU

I have eaten the equivalent of the Guangzhou soup but instead in Sarawak about 20 years ago. Of course the animals/Birds/Reptile eaten were different than the real thing but we had the Sarawak Equivalent :

Dragon ( Reticulated Python ) , Phoenix ( Crested Fireback Pheasant / Great Argus ), Tiger ( Leopard Cat )

These were cooked in Chinese Medicinal Herbs. It was good especially with :Cheers:..Yam Seng

Anyone have tried this ?

Guess not that many of these creatures left in the wild in Sarawak now.

Jimmy Wong

Offline dpkong

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 10:35:31 PM »

In my younger days out in the jungles, I have tried python (ular sawa), wild chicken (with feathers like a peacock), a type of wild cat (munsang), porcupines and ant-eaters. Python and porcupines are the best.

Unless of course Enkidu was talking about soups for medicinal purposes (ie. for males only)

Offline theseira

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 04:34:28 PM »

ENKIDU

I have eaten the equivalent of the Guangzhou soup but instead in Sarawak about 20 years ago. Of course the animals/Birds/Reptile eaten were different than the real thing but we had the Sarawak Equivalent :

Dragon ( Reticulated Python ) , Phoenix ( Crested Fireback Pheasant / Great Argus ), Tiger ( Leopard Cat )

These were cooked in Chinese Medicinal Herbs. It was good especially with :Cheers:..Yam Seng

Anyone have tried this ?

Guess not that many of these creatures left in the wild in Sarawak now.

Jimmy Wong

Man that's crazy! I'd never be able to try that.

In my younger days out in the jungles, I have tried python (ular sawa), wild chicken (with feathers like a peacock), a type of wild cat (munsang), porcupines and ant-eaters. Python and porcupines are the best.

Unless of course Enkidu was talking about soups for medicinal purposes (ie. for males only)

were you in the military or something, that's crazy bro!

Also didn't know this type of soup helps with a certain condition lmao.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 05:36:39 PM »

were you in the military or something, that's crazy bro!

Also didn't know this type of soup helps with a certain condition lmao.

I was a happy wanderer in the jungles like the Penans...

...  except I got paid to stay there to do work.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 05:38:07 PM »

And sidestreaker's cat photos are absolutely excellent. You should enter them into cat picture contests!

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 10:10:45 AM »

And sidestreaker's cat photos are absolutely excellent. You should enter them into cat picture contests!

Thank you!

Sometimes I do catch her in less elegant pose...

Offline gucciposh

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 01:51:10 PM »

Thank you!

Aawww...such a poser! If i see this cat in person, definitely get molested by me  :Dancing_banana:
In sarawakian dialect we prefer to call this act as 'Ngegeh'...pronounced as Ngei-Geh!
Translation in Bahasa Malaysia is 'Mengada-ngada'.... :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 02:21:52 PM »

Thank you!

watch out.... I think someone might try to kidnap this cat...

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 03:59:22 PM »

Aawww...such a poser! If i see this cat in person, definitely get molested by me  :Dancing_banana:
In sarawakian dialect we prefer to call this act as 'Ngegeh'...pronounced as Ngei-Geh!
Translation in Bahasa Malaysia is 'Mengada-ngada'.... :Laughing_on_floor:

Ngada-ngada is spot on, especially if she wants something, like wet-food or go out to play in the garden!
Sometimes, she takes my phone and does a selfy...

watch out.... I think someone might try to kidnap this cat...

I'd like to see that person try, without getting his face ripped off. You should see some of my furniture now....

Also, she always have the upper hand and elements of surprise... ready to jump at you...

Nonetheless, we are considering a career in modelling for her...

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:02:32 PM by sidestreaker »