Author Topic: My watch family - Swiss twins  (Read 2848 times)

Offline ab7882

My watch family - Swiss twins
« on: May 29, 2013, 10:02:09 PM »
Caution : Read at your own risk....poison ahead... ;D

Zenith has a long history of producing amazing mechanical watches.  The first Zenith watch in my collection is this...

Zenith Captain Moonphase with big date.  It has a classic dial with a beautiful silver moon.

Of course, one should have the legendary El Primero in his collection. Mine is this...

Red Primero limited edition.  Came upon this by chance when I visited the AD looking for a watch for my dad.  They also have the Blue Primero, but I think the Red Primero is more outstanding.

The Zenith twin..

I guess one's collection is not complete without the big R....Rolex.  To tell you the truth, I am not such a great fan of Rolex (I guess you can tell by my Omega collection!).  Initially, the only Rolex that attracts me is this...

the classic Explorer 1. It was the only Rolex that I have for quite sometime until I came across this..

Daytona WG with meteorite dial.  It was pre-owned and was sitting on its own in the display window of a reseller. Poor thing..it was love at first sight of the meteorite dial.  I did not buy it the first time I saw it but I could not get it out of my mind.  So after a few weeks, I dropped by the shop again and it was still there. I believe in fate...and now it is mine.

The Rolex twin..

I am almost at the end of my watch family story.  Only the singles left to share.  Thank you for reading and commenting on my stories so far.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
Re: My watch family - Swiss twins
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:21:18 PM »
I'm impressed with the Daytona meteorite dial...
Apart from my regret in selling my Seadweller long ago, the only other Rolex I've ever desired is the Daytona meteorite dial..
The Explorer I is also a classic but too bad the 36mm is too small for me and the 39mm hour & minute hands are way too short.. very unbalanced look..
Did u get this Daytona from the Publika shop?
Can u pm me the ballpark figure for this preowned..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:46:22 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 10:37:06 PM »
what's next? PP, JLC, Lange?

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 07:37:51 AM »
So this time you are courtesy enough to include a warning. ;D

The Red EP is definitely outstanding.

Meteorite dial Daytona is absolutely stunning, and the matching with brown leather is brilliant.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »
That Red Primero is absolutely divine. I think I have to start looking for one as well. Very nice collection you got there.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Bestwatch

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 03:23:54 PM »
Only collection, not for sale? ;D

Offline ab7882

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 03:39:31 PM »
JOS2012, pm sent.
CKL1213, no, I don't have the Swiss Holy Trinity nor the German's Holy grail (wish I have, but still cannot force myself to spend so much for any one watch- the Daytona WG is my max limit now)
Bestwatch, currently for collection (and use) only...but who knows what the future holds..
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:42:03 PM by ab7882 »

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 10:55:42 PM »
bro ab7882, based on your quantity of your watch family members so far, I'm pretty sure you can afford a PP or Lange.

stop being humble, you can do it.

flip all your other watches, disown them.