Author Topic: My watch family - German triplet - Stowa  (Read 5621 times)

Offline ab7882

My watch family - German triplet - Stowa
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:20:51 PM »
Stowa watches came to my attention via reading the online watch forums.  The simple updated historical design and the reasonable pricing were the main attractions. I have never purchased any watch online before and the good comments on Stowa service and personal attention by the owner, Jorg Shauer, in the online forums, convinced me to try to make an online watch purchase.

I like the designs of two watches- the first one...

Stowa 1938 Chronograph.  The design is based on an old pocket watch in the 1930s.  The amazing thing about the dial is that the numbers and letters are not 'applied' but actually embossed. A diamond cutting process cuts away a thin layer of the silver coating and the raw bronze numbers and letters emerged. The movement is a Valjoux 7753. The watch is a bit thick but sits nicely on the wrist.

The second watch that I like is this..

Stowa Flieger Baumaster B which is a remake of the historical pilot watch. This is my first pilot watch and the B dial layout needs sometime to get used to.  The hour and minutes hands have beautiful blued outlines.  I chose the old style leather strap with rivets for a classic look.

Last year, Stowa introduced the following watch which won 2nd place for its price range at the Golden Balance (Goldene Unruh) Awards 2013.

the Marine Chronograph.  The Marine range is based on the design of a Stowa pocket watch of 1940.  The Marine Chronograph with silver dial and blued hands are just beautiful to look at.  The movement is Valjoux 7753 and its size and thickness is similar to the 1938.

The Stowa triplet..

A fourth member is on order and hopefully will arrive sometime in July.  One thing about  buying Stowa watches online is that one has to be very patient. A normal waiting period for delivery is about three months as they have a limited production capacity. But in my opinion, the Stowa watches are worth waiting for.

Offline bezelnut

Re: My watch family - German triplet - Stowa
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 05:59:44 AM »
Very nice collection.

Thanks for sharing.

Mind to explain why you opt for two near identical chronograph? If for me, I'll get a Flieger instead, just to complete the collection. 

Offline ab7882

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 07:54:25 AM »
Thanks. The Marine chrono was released after i bought the 1938. i really like the dial design and blued hands. i ordered a blue croco strap to go with it but still awaiting delivery from Stowa as they were out of stock. I think the Marine and 1938 have their own attractiveness.

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 08:26:25 AM »
Thanks. The Marine chrono was released after i bought the 1938. i really like the dial design and blued hands. i ordered a blue croco strap to go with it but still awaiting delivery from Stowa as they were out of stock. I think the Marine and 1938 have their own attractiveness.

I see. You manage to match the hue of blue hand? Definitely should show some picture when it arrive, please.

Offline davidtth

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 09:02:32 AM »
love the chrono with blue hand ! do u got it in auto or handwind ? do show us some pix of the movement :)

Offline watzisname

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »
Sexy watches, may I ask the Marine chrono is matte dial?

Offline ab7882

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 10:15:09 PM »
davidtth, I got the auto version. Picture of the movement..

watzisname, the dial is silver, slightly matte..

close up photo of dial.

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 06:54:47 PM »
awesome German collection! love both the chronos ;)

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html