Author Topic: PAM 420 Boutique "Shanghai" edition  (Read 8771 times)

Offline ancs88

• Alan
PAM 420 Boutique "Shanghai" edition
« on: August 24, 2011, 07:25:52 AM »
Finally got my grail after months of waiting. When I got the call, I was so excited but the SA told me the price has gone up by 11% on the 1-Aug-2011, therefore the 420 price has also increased.

It was kinda mixed feeling but anyhow, I still paid for it eventually and few pics during unboxing!

The carton box and it is huge compared to the standard edition!

There you go!

The little OP key to lock/unlock the box.

There you go, inside the box! The "PIG" is not clearly captured!

Wrist shots on the "Assolutamente"!

More to come!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: PAM 420 Boutique "Shanghai" edition
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:34:45 AM »
Jealous

Offline engkow

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:35:46 AM »
beautiful watch, with a key lock something unique.. wear it with good health always..

Offline takashi78

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:54:23 AM »
Nice catch!

Great looking caseback.

But didnt they lock in the price for you when you ordered the watch?

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »
Nope... they told me earlier in June that the price increase will not affect the special editions but when they called me last week, I was shocked by the price increase but I was too excited and still go for it!

Here the caseback again!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:00:18 AM by ancs88 »

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 09:05:31 AM »
Handsome watch, beautiful scenic caseback.
Congrats! :Cheers:
Me so poisoned! :'(
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 09:06:47 AM »
ancs88,

Congrats. Wear it with good health. Can you pm me the new price?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 09:13:15 AM »
Should have had them put it down in writing and you make more noise haha....
If diff not that much and you really like it, i guess thats all that matters.

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 10:09:47 AM »
I've make noise and even asked for a free strap but to no avail! I've PMed few 420 owners here in Shanghai and most of them told me that I did not put my money down so I can't do anything about it.

Well, at least I got it from the boutique which is still way below the secondary market price...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:15:31 AM by ancs88 »

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 10:19:50 AM »
Ordered a new strap and received it yesterday... Love the new strap very much and I can't stop admiring the pairing of the watch and the strap! What do you think?

Shot using flash so the colour of the strap looks different.

PIG buckle!!!!

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 10:29:56 AM »
Beautiful watch mate

Wear it in good health

I can feel your excitement through your writing.

What do you mean pig buckle? U mean a pic or the Chinese symbol or the strap material? Mot familiar with the PAM sorry
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 10:32:57 AM »
Beautiful watch mate

Wear it in good health

I can feel your excitement through your writing.

What do you mean pig buckle? U mean a pic or the Chinese symbol or the strap material? Mot familiar with the PAM sorry
Note the buckle with the Submarine (Pig)... I think... Why Pig and now Cow or Dog?
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 10:37:01 AM »
The first human torpedo (the Italian Maiale) was electrically propelled, with two crewmen in diving suits riding astride. They steered the torpedo at slow speed to the enemy ship. The detachable warhead was then used as a limpet mine. They then rode the torpedo away.

In operation, the Maiale torpedo was carried by another vessel (usually a normal submarine), and launched near the target. Most manned torpedo operations were at night and during the new moon to cut down the risk of being seen.

The idea was successfully applied by the Italian navy (Regia Marina) early in World War II and then copied by the British when they discovered the Italian operations. The official Italian name for their craft was Siluro a Lenta Corsa (SLC or "Slow-running torpedo"), but the Italian operators nicknamed it maiale (Italian for "pig"; plural maiali) because it was difficult to steer. The British copies were named "chariots".

Just a nicknamed by the Italian I suppose!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manned_torpedo

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 10:39:46 AM »
Congrat  :thumbsup:, finally getting your grail... especially the caseback is the view of Shanghai, make it more unique. Wear for good health....

I thought the watch was with Gold color dial (7th picture), that is even better....I will love to see if they have gold dial and case back is transparent with Sand blast of Shanghai view  :thumbsup:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 10:41:14 AM »
Ok. Thank  :Cheers:

Something new I learn
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 10:45:55 AM »
Congrat  :thumbsup:, finally getting your grail... especially the caseback is the view of Shanghai, make it more unique. Wear for good health....

I thought the watch was with Gold color dial (7th picture), that is even better....I will love to see if they have gold dial and case back is transparent with Sand blast of Shanghai view  :thumbsup:

Thanks... Finally I got my grail and this is definitely a long time keeper. Well, won't be buying any more expensive watches for some time after this acquisition.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 12:30:06 PM »

Thanks... Finally I got my grail and this is definitely a long time keeper. Well, won't be buying any more expensive watches for some time after this acquisition.
Sure about that bro? I seem to tell myself that all the time... doesn't work for me though... lol
Well, you wear that with good health now...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 02:32:34 PM »
Quite sure....coz wifey already give me warning!!! No more expensive watches.

Actually, I promised/convinced her that after the 420, I will not buy for some time! hehehee!!!! Have to keep my promise lah!

Offline gloomis

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 06:12:53 AM »
normally watch maniac hardly keep this promise as certain of period the hand will start itchy again. some how o rather sure there is something else get your attention. but congratz for the nice purchase. i like the box key, damn nice.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 08:35:52 AM »
I know what bro hanz mean. I keep telling myself no more watches and i must pull the 'handbrake' on my will. Problem is I have too many 'handbrakes' that pulling one doesnt help :Laughing_on_floor:
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 08:45:56 AM »
I know what bro hanz mean. I keep telling myself no more watches and i must pull the 'handbrake' on my will. Problem is I have too many 'handbrakes' that pulling one doesnt help :Laughing_on_floor:
When you go this route longer, you will be like me...
"Seong san mou lek, Lok san mou brake"
Going uphill no power, going downhill no brake!!  :Laughing_on_floor: