Author Topic: My trio.... Past, present and her's  (Read 3385 times)

Offline @tsw@

• My precious
My trio.... Past, present and her's
« on: October 13, 2013, 02:06:35 PM »
My preference is to have watches for different uses, namely 1) the daily beater for work 2) the dress watch for dress up events and 3) the leisure/sports watch for weekends

This is my trio of watches from the past before knowing about the existence of mechanical watches.

From left to right: The daily beater, a blue dial quartz ck on stainless steel bracelet bought in 2002 from first paycheck. Followed by a quartz fossil (designed by philippe starck) in rose gold within the same year. And lastly, another quartz fossil sporty watch for the weekends.

All three watches went through three battery changes with the intervals between changes shortening until it stopped working altogether.

In 2007 got my first mechanical watch as a gift. Initially was skeptical, watch without battery, huh? How to work and  :o on the price.

The oris was on my wrist day in day out for a full 5 years and kept good time, even till today. And thus my horological journey began.

In 2012, wanting to commemorate the birth of my first child and hoping to pass down a heirloom. I was determined to get something special with only one requirement, dial must be blue. I googled 'timeless watch in blue dial' and the ap royal oak caught my eye. Loved the iconic design and history behind it. further research led me here and hanz's review of his ap.

Rest is history as I went ahead with it and added another two more to complete the present trio.

From left to right: ap ro 15400, the sports/ heirloom watch. The iwc chrono as the dress watch and lastly my current daily beater rolex milgauss.

As usual, my missus (an advocate for gender equal rights) insist on practicing it. And this is her trio...

From left to right: iwc portofino, her daily wear. rolex dj, also her daily wear. And her latest, speake marin mk2 (I call it the rusell crowe's watch).

Thank you for reading and have a good day.

Ps: I have pre ordered the mwf watch, hope missus sharp eyea misses it. Orelse she'll be practising equal rights again. :Laughing_on_floor:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:51:21 PM by @tsw@ »

Offline RaymondT

Re: My trio.... Past, present and her's
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »
Wow ! from CK to AP , that's 1 hella big transition in such a short period  :o , I guess the MWF poison must hv gotten into you deep  :Laughing_on_floor:

But nice trio bro, salute !  :thumbsup:

Offline @tsw@

• My precious
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »
Getting into watches is like getting into women, alcohol or gambling. It's freaking addictive. I'm lucky I hold no interest in the last three, therefore spare cash can be on watches provided missus gives green light.

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »
wonderful collection, complete with a nice story! congrats!  :thumbsup:
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline takashi78

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 04:16:24 PM »
Why you call it the rusell crowe watch?

Offline sean

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 04:38:21 PM »
My wife also said Peter looks like Rusell Crowe :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline @tsw@

• My precious
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 04:41:22 PM »
The fella speake Marin looks so much like Russell Crowe. Missus liked his looks and story. Bought the watch with me in tow.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »
The fella speake Marin looks so much like Russell Crowe. Missus liked his looks and story. Bought the watch with me in tow.

:Laughing_on_floor:

Best excuse I've heard yet. Luckily, my wife will likely never meet the fella so I won't have to buy one for her too!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 03:44:02 PM »
Another psm here...

Wonderful journey....

Ap RO  + Rolex milgauss GV + Iwc Portuguese chrono
Sport Classic + beater + dress
Weekday + weekend + dinner

Great combo