Author Topic: Tissot T-Classic PR50 Black Chronograph  (Read 6136 times)

Offline APIWC

Tissot T-Classic PR50 Black Chronograph
« on: July 30, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »
This is indeed my first "luxury" watch given to me by my wife. Can't remember exactly which year, but it must be probably 8/9/10 years ago. But I remember the price is around RM700. And it is indeed a super precious gift :)

It was my day-in, day-out watch for probably many, many years till I got my other Tissot, which is also given to me by my wife.

I still wear this occasionally. But the battery recently kong-out. Going to replace it soon. And I'm also thinking of giving this a good polishing as the scratches are really visible all over the place.

The model is J378/478.

And it's rather smallish, a 38mm, especially on my 7.5in wrist.

Some of the features include Date Display at 4 O'Clock, Chronograph.

While I am lucky that I now own IWC, Rolex & Panerai, my Old Lil' Tissot is a good reminder on those days when life is quite tough, but as long as you are willing to work hard, and harder, there will definitely be a turning point.
"If you're not nervous about one or two decisions every day, you probably aren't trying hard enough." (Tim O'Shaughnessy)

Offline APIWC

Re: Tissot T-Classic PR50 Black Chronograph
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 08:16:05 PM »
Here's another shot - the scratches are really visible. Maybe polish. Or just keep it as they way they are for sentimental reminder :)

"If you're not nervous about one or two decisions every day, you probably aren't trying hard enough." (Tim O'Shaughnessy)

Offline APIWC

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 08:17:06 PM »
And the customary wrist shot, 38mm on 7.5in wrist.

Offline Empty Tree 8

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 06:40:39 AM »
This is a very nice post. Thanks for sharing. I think we all have those timepieces that mean the world to us and value does not play an iota of relevance in its importance to us.  For me, I have 5 no sell-no part-no give away for whatsoever reason timepieces in my stash. They represent significant moments that I wish to remember. They have permanent spaces in the safe and others give way when space is  constrained. I just hope my bank balance keeps up with my need to remember events.... :Laughing_on_floor: 

I mostly keep the timepieces interesting by changing straps, that way I keep interest in them when others vie for wrist time. My latest is strapping a decade old speedie. 

Offline APIWC

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 09:15:32 PM »
Which 5, do share your stories too

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 12:02:56 PM »
Nice one APIWC. I also have a an old Tissot z252/352 that has served me for many many years as an everyday-go-to-work-and-bash-it-up watch. It is also very scratched up. But I would not polish it as it gives the watch character. I still use it to work and have since only changed it's battery once. A real toughie and I will continue to enjoy the watch. The dial is a classic and is still a joy to look at. Like you, I am also lucky to have to be able to save up and buy the likes of Rolex and IWC, although I have a kid and a mortgage to take care of. So no more buying watches for me now, only look at them till a few years down the road. Thanks for sharing the story and the pics...

DC

Offline Apac959

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 07:19:18 AM »
I hav one of dis but mine wit all black! Nway its a nice watchh looks stylish

Offline farhanbh100

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 09:42:25 PM »
Nice one APIWC. I also have a an old Tissot z252/352 that has served me for many many years as an everyday-go-to-work-and-bash-it-up watch. It is also very scratched up. But I would not polish it as it gives the watch character. I still use it to work and have since only changed it's battery once. A real toughie and I will continue to enjoy the watch. The dial is a classic and is still a joy to look at. Like you, I am also lucky to have to be able to save up and buy the likes of Rolex and IWC, although I have a kid and a mortgage to take care of. So no more buying watches for me now, only look at them till a few years down the road. Thanks for sharing the story and the pics...

DC

ministry of finance launched 'ops cantas'?...