Author Topic: New Tudor BB58 release  (Read 31144 times)

Offline W3ll

New Tudor BB58 release
« on: June 29, 2020, 08:16:10 AM »
Anyone getting any info on the new B558 release. rumored to have a blue bezel with blue dial?

Offline ethan89

Re: New Tudor BB58 release
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 12:06:31 PM »
Anyone getting any info on the new B558 release. rumored to have a blue bezel with blue dial?
Rumour said announcement on 30 June (tomorrow), let's wait and see.
Personally I would pick the original BB58 over the blue bezel/dial, I like the vintage vibe on the original.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 12:20:25 PM »
Rumour said announcement on 30 June (tomorrow), let's wait and see.
Personally I would pick the original BB58 over the blue bezel/dial, I like the vintage vibe on the original.

saw the rumour pictures, was hoping they can do the same vibe as the current bb58

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 03:33:38 PM »
Not sure how accurate it is but there is a photo of a mock-up going on instagram. No gilt dial. no red triangle. Handset color similar to the Black Bay 41.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 11:19:03 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ethan89

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 12:37:55 PM »
Looking good in Navy Blue.

Photo are screenshots from Jenni Elle YouTube video. Go check it out.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 12:51:45 PM »
There is actual watch to see at pavillion boutique, according to them is for display only, if interested put your name down in waitlist..

Offline ethan89

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 01:11:04 PM »
There is actual watch to see at pavillion boutique, according to them is for display only, if interested put your name down in waitlist..
Some people already get it, to my surprised most of the boutique/retailer are actually getting their stocks prior to the official announcement. Tudor might be postponed this release due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 01:17:18 PM »
Some people already get it, to my surprised most of the boutique/retailer are actually getting their stocks prior to the official announcement. Tudor might be postponed this release due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

is just another waitlist bullshit, basically giving out to the regular customer first again and only entertain the walk ins..

they probably already got it in their latest shipment, and waiting tudor official announcement at 1pm to release it for sale..

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 02:12:31 PM »
Waitlist? Premium? For a Tudor? No thanks. I can wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline W3ll

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 04:27:40 PM »
Waitlist? Premium? For a Tudor? No thanks. I can wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

getting one?

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 04:37:48 PM »
Not likely. Looking at the GMT instead.

Offline looisc

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 06:05:27 PM »
Is there any info on pricing?
When the original BB58 was launched the prices quoted by ADs were so high

Offline Henry T

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 07:21:38 PM »

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Offline W3ll

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2020, 09:41:02 PM »
Is there any info on pricing?
When the original BB58 was launched the prices quoted by ADs were so high

same price with black bb58

Offline an36

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2020, 04:50:25 AM »
Blue dial blue bezel with gold markings will be nice

Offline Ben07

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2020, 12:45:26 PM »

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Having owned the the first iteration of BB58 with gilt dial, somehow I am not so excited about this blue one. I have too many other Blue dialed  watches to steer me away from this one.

Offline bane

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2020, 01:30:16 PM »
Got to be on waiting list even for a Tudor

Offline ethan89

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2020, 01:48:09 PM »
There will be no waiting list anymore if Tudor release more and more variants / color scheme of BB58, let say you can easily buy the previous color if all people are going to the blue one and vise versa.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2020, 04:08:45 PM »
Looks like the 58 may end up like the Black Bay 41 after a while. Best to just wait. Everyone is a flipper these days.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 03:27:55 PM »
Looks like the 58 may end up like the Black Bay 41 after a while. Best to just wait. Everyone is a flipper these days.

blue waitlist goes up to 6 months, most ADs need full payment

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 04:57:54 PM »

Same scenario with the original BB58. Everyone aiming to flip for the premium. Best to just wait. What people dont realise is that paying that premium may just mean that you pay approximately 5 years worth of annual price increments at least. For those that want to afford it, good for you. For those on the fence, this is food for thought. You can see that the 58 has seen some price adjustment two years on.  Known some who paid RM16500 for the BB58. I guess even two years on, retail is wayyyyyyy lower than that and you hear more and more people getting the call from their AD. Unless the enjoyment is worth that money, i would advise to just wait. My 2 cents.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2020, 09:09:50 AM »

Same scenario with the original BB58. Everyone aiming to flip for the premium. Best to just wait. What people dont realise is that paying that premium may just mean that you pay approximately 5 years worth of annual price increments at least. For those that want to afford it, good for you. For those on the fence, this is food for thought. You can see that the 58 has seen some price adjustment two years on.  Known some who paid RM16500 for the BB58. I guess even two years on, retail is wayyyyyyy lower than that and you hear more and more people getting the call from their AD. Unless the enjoyment is worth that money, i would advise to just wait. My 2 cents.

The BB58 black was not that hot when it first release, i guess is pretty easy to get one from the AD, same goes to the Tudor GMT, but after a couple of months the hype started to kicked in when reviewers and the watch community starting to pay attention to it, it became desirable and as far as i remember the tudor GMT is the one having the very long wait list compare to bb58, but beginning of this year the Tudor GMT wait list is dwindling down and the BB58 is the one being more and more in demand. In fact , i think the Tudor GMT has now become very easy to get, already have seen people selling their pre-own GMTs at below retail price they bought 1-2 years back.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 09:13:07 AM by Petai300 »

Offline strinq

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 10:09:10 AM »
Just curious on the WIS state of mind.
How is it such a big hooha when a brand comes out with basically a watch that is 100% identical to a current model with the only difference being the color.
I think the brands (I'm definitely talking about Rolex and Tudor) have gotten a lot of people brainwashed into thinking that it is a huge deal (all pure marketing and yes they have succeeded).
Just my 2 cents that I think hype behind colors is a little silly...
I post pictures of watches in nature:

https://www.instagram.com/watchesinnature/?hl=en

And do some reviews and fun videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkVxZDlFy4dvSUz5Nwz2Ocw

Offline W3ll

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 03:03:11 PM »
Just curious on the WIS state of mind.
How is it such a big hooha when a brand comes out with basically a watch that is 100% identical to a current model with the only difference being the color.
I think the brands (I'm definitely talking about Rolex and Tudor) have gotten a lot of people brainwashed into thinking that it is a huge deal (all pure marketing and yes they have succeeded).
Just my 2 cents that I think hype behind colors is a little silly...

Marketing aside, i personally think is the rolex spillover effect and plus the bb58 is a watch done right for many