Author Topic: Cooks are men..  (Read 12791 times)

Offline Peiseh

Cooks are men..
« on: August 14, 2011, 01:56:37 PM »
Okay, maybe it sounded a bit of a male-chauvinist here, but I can't help but think that most cooks are usually men.
But then, why is it usually that the wive, or perhaps your mom or grandmom that actually does the cooking at home???

Funny isn't it?

Its pretty seldom that I see women actually holds the spatula than manning the cash register.

As for the taste of the food, hm...its more of a personal preference..

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Re: Cooks are men..
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 02:09:58 PM »
Cooking inside a commercial kitchen is like a pressure cooker... men more suitable... but there are some women who can hold their own.
As for why wives are always the one cooking at home, because it's their DUTY!!! lol :mooning:
But you can always surprise your other half by cooking a surprise dinner once in awhile... works wonders for the relationship... :thumbsup:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »
Okay, maybe it sounded a bit of a male-chauvinist here, but I can't help but think that most cooks are usually men.
But then, why is it usually that the wive, or perhaps your mom or grandmom that actually does the cooking at home???

Funny isn't it?

Its pretty seldom that I see women actually holds the spatula than manning the cash register.

As for the taste of the food, hm...its more of a personal preference..
[/quote

dude,

have you had any training or working experience in a commercial kitchen?

if you have, then you would understand why it's mostly men and not women.

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline Peiseh

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »
What? Are we saying the women can't handle the heat in the kitchen??? hm... probably..

Yup, I do have some main-stream commercial kitchen experience during my (*ahem) younger days. I was the assistance to some assistance cooks. Mainly peeling and handling stuffs. Mainly in make shifts kitchens cooking for some wedding functions..and one stint at a well established local restaurant...part time. Peeler again.. But all the same, the pressure is the same. Peel it wrong, slow, and clean it the incorrect way, a lashing big time..but in the end, the cooks were pretty nice actually.

At home, if you don't like the food, you just kept quiet right...so no pressure to the women...hhahahaaa....ooops..actually the pressure is on us..hahhaa :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 03:33:52 PM »
actually the title is not accurate...not ALL cooks are men.. women are cooks too..however it should be the nearly all the BEST CHEFS in the world are men.. :Laughing_on_floor:
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 11:27:41 PM »
Cooking inside a commercial kitchen is like a pressure cooker... men more suitable... but there are some women who can hold their own.
As for why wives are always the one cooking at home, because it's their DUTY!!! lol :mooning:
But you can always surprise your other half by cooking a surprise dinner once in awhile... works wonders for the relationship... :thumbsup:

if your wife reads this (or you're lucky not to be married), you'll be in for a very hard time for a long time too.

at home when i have time, i mostly do the cooking because i like to enjoy my food and i like it cooked they way i want it. otherwise, i just eat what is served and stuff the comments in case i have to "puasa" for a few days..  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Peiseh

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 05:52:52 AM »
hahaha.... right..

I generally like cooking very much. Perhaps through my days at the commercial kitchens etc. So, when I cooked, the kids are pretty supportive of my dishes...which isn't going well with my half..hahaha...

Cook I will, commercial style. And commercial style wise, its kinda sloppy and bits and pieces sometime flew out of the wok..hahaa...but then, that's the pleasure of cooking mah...with the pang-pang sound of frying vegies..and others..
A bit like Oliver (hands on - literary) and a bit like Chef Wan ...hm..like spices.

So, sometimes I got banned from cooking..hahahaa..  ;D

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:58:43 PM »
hi all,

just would like to share some of the famour female cook in food network.me and my wifey enjoy watching this food channel. suspect not available in astro, anybody can clarify?  :D

Paula Deen is a famous American cook and Emmy Award-winning personality on the Food Network

ina garten is a famous American cook on the Food Network

In 2008, Celebrity Chef Rachael Ray was named the #1 earning celebrity chef in the world by Forbes. She brings in about $18 million per year from her multiple TV shows, cookbooks, and products.

watchManU

Offline Peiseh

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 04:45:51 PM »
hm... I like Rachel' s cooking style...the heck with lard.. the more the merrier...hahhaa... :thumbsup:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 05:52:13 PM »
I see your rachel Ray and raise you this

Offline takashi78

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 07:41:43 PM »
One more, totally off topic.
One of the greatest chef alive today that still cooks in the kitchen.
Wish to one day try his food before he retires.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 10:08:16 AM »
3-star Michelin Mr. Pierre Gagnaire

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 11:53:13 AM »

Damn. I fold. *heart*
So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 11:57:51 AM »
Nah....just from a young age i like to see people cook. I dont cook much myself.

How bout this one then.
Anyone wanna guess who this is?

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »
Ferran AdriĆ ?

I cheated  :Laughing_on_floor:
So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 12:21:37 PM »
Haha i know how you did....next time gotta host it in photobucket and then link it hehe.

Offline Peiseh

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 01:40:23 PM »
These are all fine cuisine cooks lah....Only see their photos at entrants and "wall of fame". Sometimes they came out, chat with you... and asked hows the food..but fine cuisine usually not much of a food experience ..more of a wine and talk time...well, at least to my couple of business-dine experience..kinda waste ..but then..

Offline dpkong

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »
Nah....just from a young age i like to see people cook. I dont cook much myself.

How bout this one then.
Anyone wanna guess who this is?

i tot it was popsicle man...  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 04:55:02 PM »

:o  :o  :o

if she stand and cook in front of me like that, i will never complain even if RAW...