Author Topic: Malaysian love travel???  (Read 16278 times)

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
Malaysian love travel???
« on: April 26, 2011, 01:43:15 PM »
Wonder why no one start the travel discussion, thought Malaysian like to travel, that include you and me...Cuti Cuti Malaysia

If travel need to link to Watch, then I share my experience back in 5-6 yrs ago, where I lost my Oris watch in the train travel from Beijing to Harbin, it is an overnight train, mean you sleep over night in the train, somehow the next day I woke up, my watch was missing together with my wedding ring  :Scolding:...you know hard to explain to wife about the ring missing... luckily missing with my Oris, so she was kind of holding back her anger  :Laughing_on_floor:..

After that experience, now when I travel, I wear normal watch, at least if stolen or missing, not so "heart pain"

Now that I am writing this story,  :Scolding: my beloved Oris TT1  :Mad:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: Malaysian love travel???
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »
sad to hear this....

wearing what watch depends on journey...
i never hv bad experience wearing gd watches so far... touch wood!!!!

Offline siodee

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 04:16:32 PM »
Especially for countries like China, Indo-China..I am now more caution of what to wear, even the mobile phone, I change to MPK...just dont feel safe. The only things I keep real safe to me whenever I go are my passport and wallet  :laugh:...

The sad part is my wedding ring...that is priceless  :Mad:...

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 09:04:45 PM »
Maybe just have to avoid bad spots.
I've been to Jakarta, Manila, Clark (men's heaven!!) Bangkok, Pattaya, Hong Kong, Macau and I feel mostly safe.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 06:38:18 AM »
They took your watch and ring while u are sleeping and you don't feel anything? hmmmm...

Offline siodee

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 07:14:43 AM »
Yup, didn't notice at all until I woke up, notify the train attendant and nothing much can be done since the train stop at few cities along the journey, so I reported the case to police, and I wasn't the only one, it happens very often. So, lesson learn, need to put all the valuable items in the lock luggage, and don't wear anything while sleeping.

Actually if you travel to these countries with bunch of people, it is quite safe, the only problem is when you take the public transport alone or go to public area alone, then chances are high. 

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 08:04:09 AM »
I've been staying in Shanghai for few years... and the worse time was when my apartment got broken into and they took my Rolex and Tag...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 09:01:42 AM »
I've been staying in Shanghai for few years... and the worse time was when my apartment got broken into and they took my Rolex and Tag...

we should hv meet up for tea last week

where u stay?

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 10:49:52 AM »
Pudong area.... i saw the pics u posted.. at Lujiazui!!! ;) well, maybe u should drop me a PM nest time b4 u come!

Offline siodee

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 11:30:33 AM »
ancs88, I can feel your pain...may be can catch up in Shanghai to share the story  :Jumping:, I am schedule to go China from 4th - 12th May

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 01:15:53 PM »
Cool... I'll might be travelling down to Shenzhen around that period... well, drop me a PM if u're here!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 02:12:39 PM »
Pudong area.... i saw the pics u posted.. at Lujiazui!!! ;) well, maybe u should drop me a PM nest time b4 u come!

ok ok...
But most of the time if I go I will b staying around she jia hui

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
:) Xujiahui!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 02:43:48 PM »

:Laughing_on_floor: thnx for correcting me..... u know lah, many msian chinese r half past 6

Offline siodee

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 02:54:20 PM »
Cool... I'll might be travelling down to Shenzhen around that period... well, drop me a PM if u're here!

Sure, Bro....if I hop by shenzhen, will buzz you, since I always alone, quite bore...

Offline siodee

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 10:02:11 AM »

Bro, just wonder how you can access this forum in China?? cause I can't access at all, can only see the header, let me know any tricks???

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 12:08:22 PM »
Hi... I have no problem accessing MWF from China. The site that is blocked in China are Facebook, network54 (Peneristi forum), youtube, twitter, etc. Maybe you got yourself a slow connection?

Anyway, where are u now?

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
There is one trick to access those blocked sites but it will be very slow.... :)

Offline siodee

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 12:50:06 PM »
I sudah balik after the round trip, I was in Shanghai for 2 days, the weather was nice compare to other cities. Most of the time, I access in the hotel room, hmm, may be next trip I will try again...hope we can have GTG in China soon

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 07:09:36 AM »
Siodee,

If you're in Shanghai this week, don't miss the Panerai Time and Space event!!!

Offline siodee

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 07:36:08 AM »
Back to KL already, may be next trip to China then, hope you enjoy the event  :Cheers:

Offline Fairy Oly

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 11:29:23 PM »
i lost camera, watch, and money in China,
every trip to china sure lost something one.

i think actually there are many many nice places in China and i love it but,
i really affraid of the ppl there,

i understand that a lot of them are really poor, goverment should do something to help the poor ppl...? no idea how to improve it, im not that wise to give comment.

just that, i cant really enjoy hanging in china,
always worried to meet bad ppls who looks decent but actually trying to cheat for something =.='''

and btw, i LOVE traveling!!! just came back from Italy and got my new Bvlgari watches.

a lot of my friends keep telling me that im stupid to spend so much on bvlgari watches but,
i dont know, forget about the value, resell value, i just love the design. it looks much better then Rolex (no offenc okay)

feel so good by just looking at it, its so beautiful.... ~.~
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 07:15:23 AM »
How did you loose your stuff in China? Stolen or?

watches....how many did you buy from Italy? hehe....

Well all that matters is you like the design and brand, no one can tell you how to spend your hard earned mullah.

Offline siodee

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 08:44:37 AM »
i lost camera, watch, and money in China,
every trip to china sure lost something one.

i think actually there are many many nice places in China and i love it but,
i really affraid of the ppl there,

i understand that a lot of them are really poor, goverment should do something to help the poor ppl...? no idea how to improve it, im not that wise to give comment.

just that, i cant really enjoy hanging in china,
always worried to meet bad ppls who looks decent but actually trying to cheat for something =.='''

and btw, i LOVE traveling!!! just came back from Italy and got my new Bvlgari watches.

a lot of my friends keep telling me that im stupid to spend so much on bvlgari watches but,
i dont know, forget about the value, resell value, i just love the design. it looks much better then Rolex (no offenc okay)

feel so good by just looking at it, its so beautiful.... ~.~

Hi Bro, how you lost yr stuff in China, mind to share, at least some precaution for all of us. I lost mine in the over night sleeping train.

As long as you like Bvlgari watch, who cares what other people think  ;D  BTW, show us some photo  ;D

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 08:55:01 AM »
Went to china many times... Never lost anything...
So I m surpprise u lost thing every trip...

Better cautious us.... With ur experience

n I'm going to guangxi through Guilin soon