Author Topic: Selling Preowned Watch SOP  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Awee

Selling Preowned Watch SOP
« on: October 01, 2021, 06:28:53 PM »
Hi guys,

I have been away from the watch selling and buying scene for quite a while and planning to let go a few of my collections.

I would like to get some feedback and advice from the sifus here on my following questions :

1. During this pandemic / MCO,  Is face to face still the preferred method when dealing with a high end watch (above Rm 25k) sale?

If yes, how do you avoid non serious buyer who just want to view the watch but has no intention to buy? Can the seller asked for a non refundable deposit (e.g RM 200) with caveat watch condition is as per described. The deposit is to make sure the buyer is serious about buying and to cover travelling cost and time in the event buyer don't want to buy.

2. If buyer prefers for seller to ship the watch via courier service, which courier service if the best option with insurance coverage?

3. Has anyone shipped a Rm 25k - 35k watch within Malaysia before? Is there a courier company that provide insurance coverage for this price range?

Appreciate any advice from the sifus here and thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline dpkong

Re: Selling Preowned Watch SOP
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 07:36:19 PM »
F2F is always best. Just choose a well ventilated location and maintain the normal SOP.

In this day and age, we have live videos to show the buyer all the angles they wish. Physical inspection is just final verification. Conversation will tell you if a buyer is serious or not.

Offline Junny

Re: Selling Preowned Watch SOP
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 10:09:54 AM »
COD/F2F would be my preferred method as well. Because you get to do everything from intro to inspection to sale can be done seamlessly. and you get to know/make friends with your buyer as well! but yeah eventho the pandemic and lockdown is causing some troubles and people might not want to meet up, i guess it is still the safest and most legit way to sell your watch.