Author Topic: OMEGA Seamaster 300m or Tudor Black Bay?  (Read 14965 times)

Offline kram45

• Freshie
Re: OMEGA Seamaster 300m or Tudor Black Bay?
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2022, 05:30:08 AM »
Both watches are incredibly awesome, I would go with the Omega though.

Offline yinho

• Freshie
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2022, 02:12:48 PM »
Omega - Shiny, in your face kind of watch, flashy, top quality build, but chunky non tapered steel bracelet

Tudor Black Bay - Tool watch, understated, legendary cushion case, wears well on smaller wrist

Tudor Pelagos - Ultimate tool watch, understated but bold coz larger watch. Soft titanium easy cause fine scatches (can be polish slighty by ink eraser, or just leave it) non shiny greyish finishes, lightweight, super beautiful bezel lume.

Offline jf98

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2022, 09:04:45 AM »
At today's full retail prices, the Omega is now 50% more expensive than the Black Bay 41. I would say bang for buck still lies with the Tudor, especially movement spec wise with the BB having 70 hours PR vs the Omega's 55.

In terms of how they wear, i have a small 16.5cm wrist. Having worn a BB41 on bracelet in rotation for the past 3 years, i always found it to be slightly top heavy for me. When Tudor switched over to the MT5602 movement, case sizes for the BB41 got thicker as well. Maybe the older slimmer ETA version would have been more suited to my wrist.

As for the SMP300, never owned one before so can't comment on wearability. Lug to lug size seemed similar to BB41 when i tried it on at boutique, but I could feel it was still less chunky than the Tudor. However, bracelet does not taper on the SMP300 as compared to the Tudor and SMP300 has micro adjustment while BB does not.

In summary, i think as long as your wrist is 5cm or wider then the BB41 would suit you well. For smaller wrists like mine, BB58 should be the way to go unless you don't mind a bit of overhang.

Maybe what I'm trying to say is, if budget permits then go for the Omega  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Squirty

• Freshie
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2022, 08:31:52 AM »
i would go for the BB58, the blue,black or red you can get it for below retail price. i feel its a steal as its made and owned by the same factory  that produces Rolex sport watches.

Offline ambrose0422

• Freshie
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2022, 11:58:02 AM »
At today's full retail prices, the Omega is now 50% more expensive than the Black Bay 41. I would say bang for buck still lies with the Tudor, especially movement spec wise with the BB having 70 hours PR vs the Omega's 55.

In terms of how they wear, i have a small 16.5cm wrist. Having worn a BB41 on bracelet in rotation for the past 3 years, i always found it to be slightly top heavy for me. When Tudor switched over to the MT5602 movement, case sizes for the BB41 got thicker as well. Maybe the older slimmer ETA version would have been more suited to my wrist.

As for the SMP300, never owned one before so can't comment on wearability. Lug to lug size seemed similar to BB41 when i tried it on at boutique, but I could feel it was still less chunky than the Tudor. However, bracelet does not taper on the SMP300 as compared to the Tudor and SMP300 has micro adjustment while BB does not.

In summary, i think as long as your wrist is 5cm or wider then the BB41 would suit you well. For smaller wrists like mine, BB58 should be the way to go unless you don't mind a bit of overhang.

Maybe what I'm trying to say is, if budget permits then go for the Omega  :Laughing_on_floor:

Hi, i am happy that you willing to make such details comparison of this 2 watches. We have the same opinion, SMP bracelet is a deal breaker for me, and i like BB58 true to my heart. Also your green BB is crazy, love it!

Do you use instagram?

Offline ambrose0422

• Freshie
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2022, 12:00:22 PM »
i would go for the BB58, the blue,black or red you can get it for below retail price. i feel its a steal as its made and owned by the same factory  that produces Rolex sport watches.

I can tell from your comment that you value Rolex quite alot  ;)

Offline Squirty

• Freshie
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2022, 12:51:11 PM »

I can tell from your comment that you value Rolex quite alot  ;)

of course, whats there not to like ? :) besides the absurd prices grey dealers are charging for one haha

Offline jf98

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2022, 09:25:14 AM »

Hi, i am happy that you willing to make such details comparison of this 2 watches. We have the same opinion, SMP bracelet is a deal breaker for me, and i like BB58 true to my heart. Also your green BB is crazy, love it!

Do you use instagram?

Hey buddy, cheers. The Harrods BB is a keeper for me. Hope my sharing helped a bit.
I'm on instagram @wornbyjf

Offline Dantbk

• Freshie
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2022, 07:56:45 PM »
tudor may hold up its value better

Offline Ckyap

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2022, 10:35:43 AM »
Go and have a real try at AD side,then your heart will tell you which to go for :D