Author Topic: G-Shock Collector Here?  (Read 21093 times)

Offline faizall

Re: G-Shock Collector Here?
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2020, 07:45:17 PM »
The Mudman has always been in my radar as I go outdoor activities a lot.
I think I will get it one day just to fulfil a desire I had since a long time ago. :)
Nice world time!
Go for it bro! Very reliable in any occasion. Thanks btw. This world time is awesome. We appreciate the watch no matter of the price tag. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline elwintai

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2020, 09:40:31 AM »
hi all, any recommended online sellers for MTG  ?

Offline faizall

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2020, 06:57:21 PM »
hi all, any recommended online sellers for MTG  ?
Hi. You can try to contact I_orchidsuk_men from IG. His a Malaysian lived in UK and he become a personal shopper. I did saw his IG promoted the MTG if not mistaken. Goodluck bro.

Offline juliansaw

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2020, 04:48:16 PM »
hi there, I'm looking for good suggestions for a G-shock that suits smaller wrist. Anyone has suggestions? Seems like the 5600 could be a good candidate?

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2020, 08:26:40 PM »
The 5600 is a great choice I reckon, not quite as chunky n plenty of colors n options to choose. Whats ur wrist size like?

Offline juliansaw

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2021, 08:38:12 AM »
Thanks for the reply! My wrist is about 6.5inch in diameter. Yea I reckon the 5600 would the best candidate

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2021, 12:07:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply! My wrist is about 6.5inch in diameter. Yea I reckon the 5600 would the best candidate

For comparison, this is a 5600 on my 7in wrist. 6.5in should be find, especially since this isn't an oversized version or anything.

Offline juliansaw

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2021, 12:15:15 PM »
Thanks! That looks very good on your wrist. G-shock has so many models, can be a bit confusing to someone new to it

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2021, 01:10:45 PM »
That's true la, there's just so many options to choose from, new models and editions being churned out every year, past models from years before even. Even Seiko pun kalah in terms of prolific product inventory  ;D.

Could probably start by looking at the kind of look/model preferred, functions and features, price and most importantly color combos. I think pricing shouldn't be too much of a problem since the DW5600 range is invariably in the general RM300 range. So just settle on colors and features saja la. Of course there's the solar power la, titanium la, metal la itu ini all, but can still take all that into consideration.

I personally like this one because it looks somewhat similar to the old F91w bomb watch and and its called the 5600HR vampire  :D

Offline juliansaw

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2021, 01:28:51 PM »
To be honest, i was banking on the Hodinkee x John Mayer recent release to be my firs G-shock. Was ready to pull the trigger... until i saw the size.

Thanks for the tips

Offline Joelle Soong

• Freshie
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2021, 04:24:07 PM »
That's true la, there's just so many options to choose from, new models and editions being churned out every year, past models from years before even. Even Seiko pun kalah in terms of prolific product inventory  ;D.

Could probably start by looking at the kind of look/model preferred, functions and features, price and most importantly color combos. I think pricing shouldn't be too much of a problem since the DW5600 range is invariably in the general RM300 range. So just settle on colors and features saja la. Of course there's the solar power la, titanium la, metal la itu ini all, but can still take all that into consideration.

I personally like this one because it looks somewhat similar to the old F91w bomb watch and and its called the 5600HR vampire  :D

They have so many collaborations model in a year, basically a module with different collaborations by colours, collab names, band materials. In fact these collaboration carry a heavy pricetag even the module are same as basic even its features. My personal preference just stick to the normal (without collab) and squares, anyway that's just my own personal preference over G-Shocks.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2021, 08:30:45 AM »
Guys...recently I've been bitten.

Really digging that Casioak look...haha

What do you guys think>?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 11:38:41 AM by bulletnos »

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2021, 12:01:28 PM »
If the bezel screws really align that nicely, then I reckon u got a winner right there :thumbsup:

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2021, 12:44:43 PM »
Thanks man...the version in the picture is the 2nd Gen mod...now they have the 3rd Gen mod...both of which are basically just a snap on, the bezel pre-attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTJHDGaYQPY

Quite an easy conversion...and reasonably priced too!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 12:54:27 PM by bulletnos »

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2021, 04:21:23 PM »
how does the conversion kit work exactly, its a  direct bolt-on replacement? (like a car turbo pulak  :laugh:). Is there a specific manufacturer or kit brand name that we would want to look for to buy, or is it fair from any seller? looks interesting. i dont own a casioak at the moment, but if its easy enough to work on then it make be worth a try.

*Just watched the vdo, this is interesting! buleh cari ni
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 04:27:50 PM by pleasuresaurus »

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2021, 08:07:34 PM »
how does the conversion kit work exactly, its a  direct bolt-on replacement? (like a car turbo pulak  :laugh:). Is there a specific manufacturer or kit brand name that we would want to look for to buy, or is it fair from any seller? looks interesting. i dont own a casioak at the moment, but if its easy enough to work on then it make be worth a try.

*Just watched the vdo, this is interesting! buleh cari ni

Pretty easy to convert eh…i js ordered the GA-2100…now finding the kit…but the finishing for some quite rough le…ard RM250+

Offline bulletnos

G-Shock Collector Here?
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2021, 09:49:48 PM »
Finally got my CasiOak! I’ll share some pics here of the conversion process…

The original watch

In comparison with CasiOak 3rd Gen kit…

The conversion starts, need to remove 4 case screws, and the quick release springbar strap. Then can remove the rubber bezel/protection case to reveal just the watch head in its carbon case.

Time to fit into the kit…had to remove the bracelet from the case, and had to file down the carbon lugs a little to squeeze into the case…

Lugs too long…

Filed lugs

After filing the lugs…finally fits!

Once fitted, reattach bracelet and fasten the watch face by adding back the case screws

And Voila!

CasiOak!

Happy with the result at quite a bargain! With 2 years Power Reserve…lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 09:52:18 PM by bulletnos »

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2021, 10:30:30 PM »
So there was still some modification needed with the lugs la then, was it a lot that needed to be filed? With sand paper I assume? Looks like u reassemble using the flathead screws that came with the kit?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 10:32:21 PM by pleasuresaurus »

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2021, 11:32:20 PM »
So there was still some modification needed with the lugs la then, was it a lot that needed to be filed? With sand paper I assume? Looks like u reassemble using the flathead screws that came with the kit?

Wow u noticed the details…yes i used the screws from the kit cos it fits better with the case. Seems slightly wider at the head.

and the modification was not that difficult, i used a proper file so i can shave off an equal amount across the same side. I had to file off the sharp tip…probably 0.5mm to under 1mm or so only…but quite easy given that it is carbon material.

But i understand that better quality kits dont need this modification. The one i got was quite a cheap one with some minor finishing issues, but overall still happy with it la, cant get Royal Oak so get the Common Oak… sorry Gerald Genta haha

Offline hanteong

• Freshie
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2021, 08:53:52 PM »
Gshock
Sporty and Watch lovers

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2021, 08:59:27 AM »
Signing up for duty!  I only have 2 though -  MRG G1000 and Rangeman B1000. Both thoroughly enjoyable!

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2021, 09:31:18 AM »
Signing up for duty!  I only have 2 though -  MRG G1000 and Rangeman B1000. Both thoroughly enjoyable!

Welcome, comrade! Pictures my good sir!  8)

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2021, 10:28:46 AM »

Welcome, comrade! Pictures my good sir!  8)

Here you go! It's an old pic. Will find time to take new ones soon.
Mrg by Explorer II, on Flickr

Offline lisa hasan

• Freshie
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2021, 11:31:03 AM »
Any collaboration collector specific to DW-5600 model?

Offline Alex K

• Freshie
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2021, 12:51:12 PM »
I'm not consider a G-Shock collector but my DW-6900NB serve me well through 12 yrs :)