Author Topic: Gd food KL  (Read 111922 times)

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
Re: Gd food KL
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 07:46:29 PM »
There another wantan mee shop too..

It is located near a row of shop house near pusat bandar damasara (where we do passport)... Family business doing for quite some years alerady

I also coincidentally met Chiewata there when i was having lunch there.

I will try to snap a pic of it when i am free from my timetable.

You mean the one behind Hock Lee's supermarket? The fried kuay tiaw there is also nice, and I love the pork noodles  :thumbsup:

Yup, but it is not in the stall where the char kuey teow is...

I haven tried the kuey teow, i end up eating the wantan mee wheever i go there.

Offline kinson

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 08:57:53 PM »
There another wantan mee shop too..

It is located near a row of shop house near pusat bandar damasara (where we do passport)... Family business doing for quite some years alerady

I also coincidentally met Chiewata there when i was having lunch there.

I will try to snap a pic of it when i am free from my timetable.

You mean the one behind Hock Lee's supermarket? The fried kuay tiaw there is also nice, and I love the pork noodles  :thumbsup:

Yup, but it is not in the stall where the char kuey teow is...

I haven tried the kuey teow, i end up eating the wantan mee wheever i go there.

Oh, you must mean the corner shop at the end then, that one also very nice, but the pork noodles at the kuay tiaw store next to the mamak is more "sinful". My mom and me always order an extra bowl of just liver. The soup is awesome, hahah :D I used to live at the street in front of you when you come out of the parking for 15 years, haha. Grew up eating there.

Offline kinson

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »
I miss the fried kuey tiao at tengkat tong shin, parallel to jalan alor, opposite the corner hotel. I think now it has been converted into a 7-11 or korean restaurant :( Not sure where the guy moved to or if he retired (which I heard). Hands-down the best fried kuey tiao I had in Malaysia :(

OMG Kinson! I'm so with you on this one. Hands down da BEST CKT in Malaysia! I used to eat there every morning many years ago until I started working in PJ. Then one day pass by saw it was gone!

The CKT in Penang is good too but don't even come close to tengkat tong shin.

Woot! First time I've had a kaki for this, ahahha. I actually have a photo of his kuay tiaw somewhere, dunno where I put it already. I noticed the guy moved out first, and the replacement kuay tiao stall said he retired (dunno true or not), then now it's gone.. *sniff. The fried pork lard he used to put in was probably the magic ingredient, lol. But I this the fire was hot enough. feeling sad now, hahaha.

I think my current replacement kuay tiaw is the corner coffee shop at damansara kim or at OnS Seapark. It's not as good, but the best I can find at the moment.

Offline Broleo

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 11:14:29 PM »
hey chris,

this is a yong tau foo place near the subang court, usj area. once you try these YTF (plump, big and juicy) ;D ;D.. yes im talking about the food, ahem  ;D ;D

organise food trip? NP, 1 day notice will do. You owe me the klang food trip

cheers

where is this? Margaret YTF - USJ ......... what food they serve?

organise a gd food trip in pj
then i organise a gd food trip to klang for u

Offline genec

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 12:28:54 AM »
Klang???? that's right up my turf!
Klang boy here  ;D

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2011, 05:49:20 AM »
hey chris,

this is a yong tau foo place near the subang court, usj area. once you try these YTF (plump, big and juicy) ;D ;D.. yes im talking about the food, ahem  ;D ;D

organise food trip? NP, 1 day notice will do. You owe me the klang food trip

cheers

where is this? Margaret YTF - USJ ......... what food they serve?

organise a gd food trip in pj
then i organise a gd food trip to klang for u

If you are saying this YTF place is at around usj 14 - along a single storey row of shop lot, just behind petronas??
Then it is very near to my place of residence. Used to have it for dinner.....

Note; margaret YTF - usj do not serve fried sui kow..

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Broleo

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 08:02:37 AM »
hi dc,

it shifted looooong time ago  ;D

It is now the shop row along the traffic light to USJ Honda Showroom.

No fried siu kau, but a lot of new things eg: pork nuckle in black vinegar, yellow wine chick, tau kan, no flour yee peng.. drool

hey this make me hungry liao ;D ;D

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 08:44:32 AM »
Since there is Klang boy here...
Let him post the gd food list...

Offline genec

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 09:11:34 AM »
Since there is Klang boy here...
Let him post the gd food list...

Ok, let's see if I can still remember the places!

This being klang, I have to mention bah kut teh!  :)
Bah Kut Teh- No claypot bullshit.....I actually prefer the ones in bowl. the best one is near the KTM station, under the bridge. they start selling at 6 in the morning!

Banana Leaf rice - again, its near the KTM station, this kopitiam is a local legend, its tiny, and they only sell banana leaf rice (run by an old indian uncle), but then the people that owns the kopitiam and subsequently sells drinks are chinese! even the old "chinese sign board" on top of the entrance is chinese.

Mi Hun Ger- Taman Berkeley, opposite the old cinema, next to a chinese temple if i'm not mistaken (long queue during lunch)

Hailam chicken rice- This is my absolute favourite!!!! If I'm back home, I will be there daily ;D! the rice is aromatic, the chicken tender, and the chili sauce....to die for!!!But the portion is small, and the price is the highest in klang (my dad hates it ha)! but this family that runs this place doesn't have the arrogance normally associated with famous stores. ok, location. Its in Taman Eng Ann, its a corner kopitiam (dirty nonetheless) and opposite a primary school. Next door is a stationary store I think.....not been there for 3 years  :'(

Claypot chicken rice - cooked over coal, not gas! Taman Eng Ann, I think the name of the place is Restaurant 99.

Best coffee- Cheong Fatt kopitiam. You can get the traditional eggs and toast with coffee ....mmm. they also have some stores that do good char kuey teoy, curry noddles, and yoong tau fu.

and tons more I can't remember......but I will ask my mom for more!  ;D

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 09:57:30 AM »
hi dc,

No fried siu kau, but a lot of new things eg: pork nuckle in black vinegar, yellow wine chick, tau kan, no flour yee peng.. drool

Hi Broleo

The YTF  - I mentioned is not margaret. The one at usj 14 is a family run business.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Broleo

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 12:54:06 PM »
hi dc,

yeah tried that one also. IMO, not really nice though, maybe just a weekend lunch/dinner with family kind of place.

cheers
hi dc,

Hi Broleo

The YTF  - I mentioned is not margaret. The one at usj 14 is a family run business.

dc

Offline kinson

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 01:13:14 PM »
Oh, add in my favorite pork ball noodle in Cheras. Not sure the exactly name of street, but it's on your right when you head towards the MRR2 from Kg. Pandan roundabout. The restaurant name is Sang Kee (if I remember properly). Opposite the fruit stall. The soup is unique and the fried pork skin (I think that's what it is) is yummy! Mornings only I think.  :Jumping:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 02:12:43 PM »
Oh, add in my favorite pork ball noodle in Cheras. Not sure the exactly name of street, but it's on your right when you head towards the MRR2 from Kg. Pandan roundabout. The restaurant name is Sang Kee (if I remember properly). Opposite the fruit stall. The soup is unique and the fried pork skin (I think that's what it is) is yummy! Mornings only I think.  :Jumping:

from kg pandan head towards mrrii??? Got pass cheras? Which road?

Offline Broleo

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 02:17:12 PM »
Round 2 PJ Good food

1) Restoran Pomander - SS15-Subang (non halal) porkie noodles- long wait...sometime up to 1 hour :o
2) Ah Lye Curry fish head - SS19 Subang :thumbsup:
3) Restoran Kong Sai - Paramount, PJ :P
4) Burger joint - junction USJ4, Subang (in between Shell and Petronas) :Dancing_banana:
5) JM Barianni House - SS18 Subang :Jumping:
6) Rakuzen - SS15 Subang :thumbsup:
7) YTF Seong Kee + Pork satay(next to YTF)+ Chick rice Kie Kee - PJ Old town Food court (next to the market) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
8) Geylang Lorong 9 Frog porridge - SS2  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
9) Rojak store - SS15 somewhere infront of KFC. :thumbsup: X10
10) New Paris Restaurant - SS2 (super fast if you are super rush) :laugh:

Offline Ryen

• Freshie
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »
Pudu got a fish head noodle not bad dar..can go try try...
Ampang yong tau fu also nice nice~

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2011, 05:09:50 PM »
Broleo,

Subang pork noodle s15 still open?
I thought close shop already...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »
Pudu got a fish head noodle not bad dar..can go try try...
Ampang yong tau fu also nice nice~

ampang Yong Tao Fu not really special... THE sai dou Fish ball noodle opposite Hong Hong ytf is ok

ampang best Yong Tau Fu is gum Geo hiong(gold Chicken fragance), last Time near
THE undustrial PARk between ampang n pandan Indah... Now dunno move where!
This one serve real hall Yong tao Fu... THE Yong hou shi(dried oyster), Fuo arb(fire duck), Chicken, good t...
I miss this, any ampang boy know where THE restaurant now?

Offline genec

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2011, 06:18:50 PM »
haha from the response.
I see everyone is a food enthusiast as well
maybe we could start another forum, Malaysia Food Forum.com ;D

Offline skccks

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 06:19:41 PM »

In seremban rm4.80 also hv one wood fire char kt quite gd
[/quote]

no more liao........... :'( :'( :'(

Offline kinson

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 09:20:50 PM »

from kg pandan head towards mrrii??? Got pass cheras? Which road?

Yeah, you'll pass by maluri. If you keep going, you'll pass a school on your left, then an esso petrol kiosk on your left, keep going. You'll see a prominent fruit "stall" on your left, quite big, lots of fruits, got seating for durians (which are nice too), and it's directly opposite this fruit stall. You can actually sit there eating durians and see the coffee shop (it's a corner lot). The fruit stall is facing a big block of shoplots.

I found a site that has picutures: http://foodbin.blogspot.com/2009/09/restoran-sang-kee-pork-balls-noodle.html

There is a sekinchan fishhead somewhere in there also, different shop, very nice. The sauce is nice and tangy, slightly expensive.

Offline kinson

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2011, 09:26:11 PM »
Broleo,

The 40minute-wait one? I went there recently for the first time, since folks kept telling me about it. Strange, I studied at INTI for 3-years and never heard about it, lol. Didn't feel like anything too fantastic to me, but maybe I'll give it another try since I'm in the area quite often now.

Offline Broleo

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2011, 10:38:05 PM »
yup thats the one

Offline Broleo

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2011, 10:39:12 PM »
chris,

I was there about a month ago and its still there.

cheers

Broleo,

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2011, 07:40:29 AM »
Thnx. Mayb i went at wrong time last trip!

This one for early bird

the only real rice noodle i found in KL
yeap, u may ask this is lou she fun man....
Hmm... Its actually called lao chu bun in hakka in da pu...

This is the noodle shop i go very often early in the morning of weekend...
Not bcoz the taste of the food but bcoz
1. My grandpa came from dapu, this noodle
shop is the only shop do things traditionally... 
2. The lao chu bun is made of rice with hand, u taste the rice when u chew it, the texture is hard n sticky instead of the more smooth n q like the factory made
3. Seller still use the teo chew fish sauce fried mince pork flavor the noodle instead of sweet dark soy sauce n ,oyster sauce my grandpa home town taste
4. The noodle in this shop also bamboo press than machine made
5. Today if the shop close, i dun think i can find handmake rice lou she fun...

things different from the hometown is it serve with char siew n wantan... Original one serve only noodle or some can order extra pork/beef ball... Those hand crush with steel stick crunchy meat ball 

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2011, 09:48:38 PM »
Mum's Place.. Damansara Perdana..

bawal sambal petai
sweet n sour chicken
nice beef (i spec like the portugese)
steam beencurd with minced chicken meat

Eat there atleast once a week... even had a pre wedding reception there 7 years ago
loves it loves it!!!
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.